Prospect Info: General Prospect Discussion Thread 2021-22

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I just became a fan of this guy. Hard to see young people getting Cancer.

On a lighter note, my Dad on his treatments a few years ago, " At my age, you aren't cool unless you've had prostate cancer."

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I just became a fan of this guy. Hard to see young people getting Cancer.

On a lighter note, my Dad on his treatments a few years ago, " At my age, you aren't cool unless you've had prostate cancer."
My dad passed away from prostate cancer. Spread and well got into everything.

• Wow
Reactions: TaLoN

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
After trading for Faber, does Minnesota now have one of the deepest defensive prospect pools in the NHL?

LD
Carson Lambos
Ryan O'Rourke
Daemon Hunt
Jack Peart

RD
Caleb Addison
Brock Faber
Simon Johansson
Marshall Warren

The only concern is offense coming from the defense. Outside of that adding two first round and two second round picks is just going to bolster an already decent prospect pool.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
After trading for Faber, does Minnesota now have one of the deepest defensive prospect pools in the NHL?

LD
Carson Lambos
Ryan O'Rourke
Daemon Hunt
Jack Peart

RD
Caleb Addison
Brock Faber
Simon Johansson
Marshall Warren

The only concern is offense coming from the defense. Outside of that adding two first round and two second round picks is just going to bolster an already decent prospect pool.
Warren's LD.

It is deep but not particularly pointy. Aside from Lambos I don't think any of them have much top-pairing upside, but that's always hard to find. Next best thing is having 4-6 prospects with top-4 potential.

The stability is good, but I'm skeptical that it'll lead anywhere we haven't been for the last decade or so.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Warren's LD.

It is deep but not particularly pointy. Aside from Lambos I don't think any of them have much top-pairing upside, but that's always hard to find. Next best thing is having 4-6 prospects with top-4 potential.

The stability is good, but I'm skeptical that it'll lead anywhere we haven't been for the last decade or so.
Thats my biggest concern is there isn't any offensive defensemen in the group but an awesome group of two way guys.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

LD
Carson Lambos
Ryan O'Rourke
Daemon Hunt
Jack Peart

RD
Caleb Addison
Brock Faber
Simon Johansson
Marshall Warren

I think Addison can chip in the same 35p-40p a year like Spurgeon has done forever.

Hunt is probably the best goal scoring d-man in the bunch. I think he has the longest odds of seeing the NHL in the LD bunch though.

I'm not sure if having that much depth on the left side is a good thing or a bad thing. It might create a choke point in the development. If handled wrong then none of them turn into much of anything.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I like the mantra of building a deep prospect pool, and I think Fenton/Guerin have done a good job at it. But, when I look at how it’s constructed, it doesn’t look much different than the franchise has always looked. Maybe a little more high-end scoring thanks to Boldy, but we still are deficient in all the wrong areas. 1C + 1D + 1G is a tried and proven formula for winning a cup. Right now, the only peice of that equation I’d feel particularly good about is the goalie part. I think we might have 3/4 too 4 D come out of this group, but where is our Makar/Hedman/Pietrangelo or even Theodore? I think Rossi could develop into a 1C but it’s not a sure thing.

Reactions: AKL and Bazeek

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Seems early. Or is it just me?

It's early. Usually it's the draft (June 25ish), UFA singing period (July 1st), then the rookie/dev camp (sometime in August). The normal league calendar is still out of whack.

I'm guessing the dev camp was pushed up due to the U-20 games being played in mid Aug (not sure how/when the camp for that are going to work). Wallstedt and basically all of the d-corps will be in that tourney so if the team wants a dev camp with them it has to be soon.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I like the mantra of building a deep prospect pool, and I think Fenton/Guerin have done a good job at it. But, when I look at how it’s constructed, it doesn’t look much different than the franchise has always looked. Maybe a little more high-end scoring thanks to Boldy, but we still are deficient in all the wrong areas. 1C + 1D + 1G is a tried and proven formula for winning a cup. Right now, the only peice of that equation I’d feel particularly good about is the goalie part. I think we might have 3/4 too 4 D come out of this group, but where is our Makar/Hedman/Pietrangelo or even Theodore? I think Rossi could develop into a 1C but it’s not a sure thing.
We haven’t had a top 5 pick in the draft since 2005. All three of Makar/Herman/Pietrangelo are top 5 picks in their draft year.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
It's early. Usually it's the draft (June 25ish), UFA singing period (July 1st), then the rookie/dev camp (sometime in August). The normal league calendar is still out of whack.

I'm guessing the dev camp was pushed up due to the U-20 games being played in mid Aug (not sure how/when the camp for that are going to work). Wallstedt and basically all of the d-corps will be in that tourney so if the team wants a dev camp with them it has to be soon.

Dev camp has always been mid July, usaully between the 10th and 20th, except for Covid years. Never been in August that I can recall, even covid year was in September.

Seems early. Or is it just me?

Probably seems early because the draft is usaully last week, and Free agency today. Prospect camp is always mid July.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Don't know squat about NHL D prospect pools, but IMO this is surely the best D prospect pool in Wild history. Seems to me they've never had more than a legit prospect or two on D until the last couple years' drafts and trades of Zucker and Fiala.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino