ROR
Marat
Dewar
Beckman
Peart
Hunt
Firstov

Something like that. Assumes Boldy has graduated
curious on why you have Dewar below Marat and ROR? i understand the other 3 as projections and what not, just unsure if Marat and ROR are also projected to be better than what Dewar is currently showing in your eyes.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Rossi
Wallstedt
Lambos
ROR
Marat
Dewar
Beckman
Peart
Hunt
Firstov

Something like that. Assumes Boldy has graduated
solid group. i really like dewar but think you have him placed fairly. seems like a nice bottom 6 guy.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
curious on why you have Dewar below Marat and ROR? i understand the other 3 as projections and what not, just unsure if Marat and ROR are also projected to be better than what Dewar is currently showing in your eyes.

My opinion is that Dewar projects as a 3/4th line tweener, I think he's got a little room to grow but not much.

RoR I think is a second pair guy. Maybe like a prime Scandella-ish? From an upside perspective.

Marat is a guy I think (and we hope) can be a second line two-way forward. Whether that's at center or wing, who knows, but he's supposed to have more upside. Might end up settling into a middle six role. Maybe like a Charlie Coyle in terms of upside/role.

Reactions: 57special

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
My opinion is that Dewar projects as a 3/4th line tweener, I think he's got a little room to grow but not much.

RoR I think is a second pair guy. Maybe like a prime Scandella-ish? From an upside perspective.

Marat is a guy I think (and we hope) can be a second line two-way forward. Whether that's at center or wing, who knows, but he's supposed to have more upside. Might end up settling into a middle six role. Maybe like a Charlie Coyle in terms of upside/role.
thats what i was thinking. Dewar as a 3rd liner and nothing more makes sense and the upside of Marat to play top 6 makes sense. just didnt think ROR had the higher outlook already over Dewar who look just fine in my eyes in the NHL.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
thats what i was thinking. Dewar as a 3rd liner and nothing more makes sense and the upside of Marat to play top 6 makes sense. just didnt think ROR had the higher outlook already over Dewar who look just fine in my eyes in the NHL.
I'll take a quality top 4 D-man over a 4th, "maybe" 3rd liner in their ceiling forward anyday.

Reactions: 57special

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I will add that I am pissed off that we have to wait till Marats D+5 year before we even have a chance to see him, and he will likely only come over then if he gets a one way. The Russian factor is very real, and IMO must be taken into account when drafting. Ideally, you’d like to see a guy like Marat/ROR get a bit of NHL TOI as soon as D+3, and certainly in the D+4, if he is a high end prospect.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Just a random thought. MN receives a 2nd for not signing FJ. Is there anything stopping them from signing him as a FA?

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Russo answered a question on the podcast on how Filip Johansson was drafted so highly, and he said the story he was told was "unconfirmable". Called it "an unbelievable story" and "pretty shady stuff". Wish we had that story.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Russo answered a question on the podcast on how Filip Johansson was drafted so highly, and he said the story he was told was "unconfirmable". Called it "an unbelievable story" and "pretty shady stuff". Wish we had that story.

Yeah if only we had a beat writer to report on that kind of stuff.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Yeah if only we had a beat writer to report on that kind of stuff.

Probably not the worst thing to hold it if he can't confirm it. Sounds like it makes somebody look pretty bad, just wonder what side, because it was the Flahr group still in place with Fenton the new GM.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Probably not the worst thing to hold it if he can't confirm it. Sounds like it makes somebody look pretty bad, just wonder what side, because it was the Flahr group still in place with Fenton the new GM.

Sounds like something that probably shouldn't have happened so maybe someone should get exposed.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Sounds like something that probably shouldn't have happened so maybe someone should get exposed.

Maybe they should, but if his operating procedure is multiple sources of confirmation, and he can't get that here, then that's just what it is. As long as he is telling the truth about it being "unconfirmable", and not just holding it not make someone look bad. Also, have to wonder how hard he's tried to confirm it. Seems like he'd have no problem burning Fenton down a little more; makes me think that the shadiness would be on the other side. But that's just speculation.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Maybe they should, but if his operating procedure is multiple sources of confirmation, and he can't get that here, then that's just what it is. As long as he is telling the truth about it being "unconfirmable", and not just holding it not make someone look bad. Also, have to wonder how hard he's tried to confirm it. Seems like he'd have no problem burning Fenton down a little more; makes me think that the shadiness would be on the other side. But that's just speculation.

To be honest I initially read "unconfirmable" as "uncomfortable" on mobile. Yeah, if he can't verify it then I understand not sharing it.

P10p

May 15, 2012
They meant to take Simon Johansson in the first and when he was still on the board in the 5th round they panicked and realized what happened. They luckily still got their guy....

.....probably lol

• Haha
Reactions: Wild11MN

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Gotta love Russo.

Either Flahr recommended drafting Johansson out of spite, since he had lost his job. Or Fenton came in and overruled everyone on the scouting staff to get his guy (and since Nashville did have a strong record of drafting dmen, it's somewhat justifiable).

Wouldn't make any sense to burn Fletcher and Flahr, since they still work in the NHL, but I'm guessing Fenton hasn't returned a Russo text in a while.

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
Gotta love Russo.

Either Flahr recommended drafting Johansson out of spite, since he had lost his job. Or Fenton came in and overruled everyone on the scouting staff to get his guy (and since Nashville did have a strong record of drafting dmen, it's somewhat justifiable).

Wouldn't make any sense to burn Fletcher and Flahr, since they still work in the NHL, but I'm guessing Fenton hasn't returned a Russo text in a while.
I'd bet on Fenton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad