Prospect Info: General Prospect Discussion Thread 2021-22

Status
Not open for further replies.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I mean, you're obviously accounting for the mean size of players in the league in that analysis, right? It's not like players have gotten bigger over time...​

Taller or bigger? Because the average height hasn't gotten that much bigger (I think roughly 2 inches).

Also officially Hartman is listed at 6'0". He's on the smaller size of being a power forward, but I guess Dustin Brown isn't a power forward either.

On another note; over/under on Boldy being called up before Christmas?​

Last edited:

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Taller or bigger? Because the average height hasn't gotten that much bigger (I think roughly 2 inches).

Also officially Hartman is listed at 6'0". He's on the smaller size of being a power forward, but I guess Dustin Brown isn't a power forward either.

On another note; over/under on Boldy being called up before Christmas?​
It's about 3 inches. The link I posted for Hockey Charts also shows average weight, which has also gone up from roughly 175lbs in 1940 to 200lbs in 2014. Assuming there hasn't been much change since 2014 (I have to make that assumption because I have no data for after it), Howe was listed as 6'0" 205, which would make the equivalent player today (relative to the league) roughly 6'2.75" and 234lbs. Yeah, that's a modern day power forward frame.

Hartman is listed as 6'0", 181lbs. Little small for the role, but he definitely plays a feisty game so I can see why you'd make the argument for labeling him as such.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
It's about 3 inches. The link I posted for Hockey Charts also shows average weight, which has also gone up from roughly 175lbs in 1940 to 200lbs in 2014. Assuming there hasn't been much change since 2014 (I have to make that assumption because I have no data for after it), Howe was listed as 6'0" 205, which would make the equivalent player today (relative to the league) roughly 6'2.75" and 234lbs. Yeah, that's a modern day power forward frame.

I'll give you Howe, but Neely was also a bit undersized as well. Howe also played through the 50s and 60s for most of his career, so the 40s really don't play into his career.

Hartman is listed as 6'0", 181lbs. Little small for the role, but he definitely plays a feisty game so I can see why you'd make the argument for labeling him as such.

Hartman is weird; he's a better version of Clutterbuck and Stewart, but not really a true power forward in the sense of what we think of a power forward.

Reactions: BagHead

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I'll give you Howe, but Neely was also a bit undersized as well. Howe also played through the 50s and 60s for most of his career, so the 40s really don't play into his career.

Hartman is weird; he's a better version of Clutterbuck and Stewart, but not really a true power forward in the sense of what we think of a power forward.

I classify them as agitators.

Reactions: BagHead

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
First place is Ben Zloty who plays on Winnipeg's top PP unit ahead of Lambos. Zloty was a 2020 draft eligible who went undrafted the last two years.

guitarhunterdude

Jan 2, 2017
'Sota
Rossi's vision is so good. He's looked like the Rossi I remember watching in junior the past couple of games.

I'm definitely not gonna overhype him like I did Granlund and just end up mildly disappointed when he ends up a solid top-six player in a few years. Nope. Not a chance.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Rossi got launched into the boards from behind by a HSK player, he's down, trainer is out there. He might not be back. No penalty. I mean it was a penalty, just nothing called.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Hands went right to his neck. Very worrying, glad he was able to get up. It was a weird hit, in that, he was far enough away from the boards that he fell completely to the ice before crashing into the boards with his head/neck

P10p

May 15, 2012
Rossi and Boldy assists on Shaw's goal. Was a rebound goal on the blast by Boldy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca