Prospect Info: General Prospect Discussion Thread 2020-21 - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
To lazy to look it up meself, is there an AHL streaming package out there that you all see?

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
For those that have been watching Iowa games, give me your thoughts on Nick Swaney. Does he have NHL upside? If so, what kind of player does he project to be?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Quickness isn’t the issue as much as playing quick, though I think he’s improving in that area too. He’s got good speed on him.
...ehh....maybe? There is no doubt that the more certain you are of your reads, the faster you look on the ice. Not sure if I would get excited about Rossi's speed, even at the AHL level. The NHL is much faster. Rossi is a good skater, but i don't see speed or quickness...yet , anyway.

Beckman used to confuse me. i couldn't figure out if he was fast, or had average speed. Since coming back to the AHL he looks fast. I put it down to him understanding that he can't float and cherry pick as a pro, AND him understanding the game more. Maybe Rossi will have a similar experience once he gets more games, and maybe a short call up or two.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
For those that have been watching Iowa games, give me your thoughts on Nick Swaney. Does he have NHL upside? If so, what kind of player does he project to be?
I see Fontaine. Maybe has better hands? I think he will be a tweener. Not big enough or strong enough to be a grinder (Duhaime), not fast/skilled enough to be a scorer(Beckman). Not the best defensive player, either. At 24yo, time is wasting.

He does have a knack around the net, though.

Reactions: MuckOG

Danglez

Feb 9, 2013
Where is he playing right now? Hockey DB shows international for team Austria but are they even playing right now?

Think he can crack the wild lineup?

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Where is he playing right now? Hockey DB shows international for team Austria but are they even playing right now?

Iowa Wild.

He might see a call-up later this season, but I don't see him being a full time NHLer until next season.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

He's in the AHL and will be likely there all year (ELC slide). Currently he couldn't crack the NHL lineup, his game isn't there.

Baby steps for him this year after he lost last seasons due to the COVID complications.

Reactions: thestonedkoala

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Well I have to say, I'm glad Guerin isn't handling our guys the way Montreal is handling Caufield. Sent down because he's just not good enough, 5 points in 6 games later and he's called back up, finished the game against Pittsburgh as a -3 playing third line minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad