Prospect Info: General Prospect Discussion Thread 2019-20 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I hate that rule.

Should see Khovy in the AHL next year though. Hopefully he actually gets playing time.
If that rule is true, khovanov wouldn’t be elobigble next year. He will be 19 until April

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Hunter Jones will also be AHL eligible next year, so it’ll be interesting to see how they handle that. Probably just keep him in the CHL, but we’ll see.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Hunter Jones will also be AHL eligible next year, so it’ll be interesting to see how they handle that. Probably just keep him in the CHL, but we’ll see.

It's not up to the Wild, really. They can only have so many overagers on a team. Also wouldn't he be like 21?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Ah, yes. Thought he was already 20, but still - not up to the Wild if he sticks in the CHL or not.

The Wild will have the option to pull him out next season. If they choose not to, then it’s up to Peterborough, yes. Depends on if they want one of their overagers to be one of the top goalies in the league or not.

But frankly I don’t really care about what Peterborough is going to do, my curiosity was regarding whether the Wild will try to fit him in the AHL or not.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Of course it is

No, it's not. It's up to the CHL team as the CHL team can only have 3 overage players.

Semyon Der-Arguchinstev, Liam Kirk, Declan Chisholm, Brady Hinz, Max Grondin, David Maier, Mike Little, John Parker-Jones, Chad Denault, Matt McNamara, and Hunter Jones will be 20 next season. It appears they also have three goalies, so...

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
No, it's not. It's up to the CHL team as the CHL team can only have 3 overage players.

Semyon Der-Arguchinstev, Liam Kirk, Declan Chisholm, Brady Hinz, Max Grondin, David Maier, Mike Little, John Parker-Jones, Chad Denault, Matt McNamara, and Hunter Jones will be 20 next season. It appears they also have three goalies, so...

All the NHL teams can choose to pull those guys to the AHL as well, and I’m sure some will, because that’s a better place for overage forwards to develop. Most of them aren’t as good as Jones is either, so the Petes don’t have as much incentive to keep them. The guys that aren’t drafted can also choose to leave to pursue a tryout contract.

The only way Peterborough gets a choice in the matter is if the Wild opt not to pull Jones up at first. THAT is what I’m curious about.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
The only way Peterborough gets a choice in the matter is if the Wild opt not to pull Jones up at first. THAT is what I’m curious about.

I mean there is a big chance of that; Dubnyk and Stalock are here next season, and that means either we trade one of them or trade one of Kahkonen/Robson.

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I mean there is a big chance of that; Dubnyk and Stalock are here next season, and that means either we trade one of them or trade one of Kahkonen/Robson.
Jones could play in the echl. Also, I think one of Dubnyk or Stalock will definitely be gone next year as Kahk is probably ready for a backup role.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Jones could play in the echl. Also, I think one of Dubnyk or Stalock will definitely be gone next year as Kahk is probably ready for a backup role.

Yeah considering where Dubnyk and Stalock are at these days, he might even be the best goalie we have.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Lets not forget the expansion draft people we have to have Stalock around to expose him in the draft....
At this point it would be Dubnyk that the Wild would make available in the expansion draft

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Good catch. I guess there is a reason to keep Stalock around.
That said, it looks like if they extend both Kahkonen and Robson this summer they're still covered. Not that we should pencil them in as a tandem for 2021-22, but we probably don't need to keep Stalock around just for the expansion draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->