Prospect Info: General Prospect Discussion Thread 2019-20 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Good catch. I guess there is a reason to keep Stalock around.
That said, it looks like if they extend both Kahkonen and Robson this summer they're still covered. Not that we should pencil them in as a tandem for 2021-22, but we probably don't need to keep Stalock around just for the expansion draft.

In my head something is telling me that you can expose UFAs as long as you still meet the required number of guys under contract that are exposed.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
In my head something is telling me that you can expose UFAs as long as you still meet the required number of guys under contract that are exposed.
Yeah, they just need one guy that's both under contract (or an RFA) for 2021-22 and not in their 1st or 2nd year as a pro.

Taylor26

Nov 12, 2011
minneapolis
There are some weird rules too like 1Forward and 1 Defensemen have to be exposed that have played 35 NHL games the year before the Expansion Draft or 70 total NHL games 2 years prior to the Expansion Draft. Who ever made those rules are way overthinking it???

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Yeah, they just need one guy that's both under contract (or an RFA) for 2021-22 and not in their 1st or 2nd year as a pro.

So from my understanding, we could get rid of Stalock and expose Dubnyk.
But there could be something I’m missing or just flat out wrong about.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
There are some weird rules too like 1Forward and 1 Defensemen have to be exposed that have played 35 NHL games the year before the Expansion Draft or 70 total NHL games 2 years prior to the Expansion Draft. Who ever made those rules are way overthinking it???

Yeah, not to mention I think the rules when the Wild were doing the expansion draft were

1) You have to expose like 3 players
2) You’re encouraged to expose the worst players you have in the system

Reactions: AJ Thelen

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
You'd have to extend Dubnyk to expose him.

Just found the rule now. You’re right, the goalie you expose has to be under contract through 2021-22 or an RFA.

The skater requirements are at least one defenseman and two forwards who are under contract through 2021-22 and have played either 40 games in 2020-21 or 70 games combined between 2019-20 and 2020-21.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Or maybe they'd be covered because both Robson and Kahkonen won't be on their ELC's any longer.

Yeah neither of them would be “first or second year players.” I can’t find any specific wording about entry level contracts.
Just first and second year players and unsigned prospects.

So Kahk and Robson would both be exposed. Given that’s the case, you should probably get them both some time and figure out which one you want to protect.

Taylor26

Nov 12, 2011
minneapolis
Yeah, not to mention I think the rules when the Wild were doing the expansion draft were

1) You have to expose like 3 players
2) You’re encouraged to expose the worst players you have in the system
Crazy to think in year 3 under those rules the wild got to the WCF with pretty much a bunch of nobody's. But I understand in todays day and age you can't have a non competitive Expansion Team that no one want to see or wait to be competitive.. people just don't have the patience anymore.

Taylor26

Nov 12, 2011
minneapolis
Back on topic Looking at Boldy the kid played 99 games last year and 102 the year before that. It might be a blessing in disguise that he won't be at the WJC as maybe he needs a little break from hockey.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Back on topic Looking at Boldy the kid played 99 games last year and 102 the year before that. It might be a blessing in disguise that he won't be at the WJC as maybe he needs a little break from hockey.
He’s the next Bergeron. Don’t overthink it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad