OT: General OT Thread #42: The Answer to the Ultimate Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
HOLY ****! We just made a verbal agreement to rent this house :amazed: Never in a billion years thought that would happen. Beer's on me, fellas :cheers:

Booya! Congratulations to you and your entire family!

pc44uR7.gif

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
Thanks, guys :cheers:

Today's been pretty stressful, trying to transfer funds around the planet so we have enough to cover the first month/last month/sec. deposit slam that happens all at once. But it looks like we'll be able to get a cashier's check (knock on wood) and get the ball rolling. Who knew the hardest part would be finding a branch of my wife's bank that's actually open when most people can actually make it to the bank?!? :facepalm:

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Shouldn't be too bad, why?

Flying out to Phoenix to stay with some family, then catching the Wild game there on Saturday :yo:

I'm an infrequent flyer, so I never know how much time to give myself. Probably will just shoot for 2 hours before my flight, just so I can get through security, find my gate, etc. Then go grab a beer at the bar before the flight to kill some time :laugh:

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
I'm so excited...leaving early Sunday morning for Atlanta, then heading to Augusta later...family and I are going to be walking around Augusta National on Monday for the practice round :)

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I'm so excited...leaving early Sunday morning for Atlanta, then heading to Augusta later...family and I are going to be walking around Augusta National on Monday for the practice round :)

That's awesome. Augusta during Masters week is a bucket list type thing, for me!

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Flying out to Phoenix to stay with some family, then catching the Wild game there on Saturday :yo:

I'm an infrequent flyer, so I never know how much time to give myself. Probably will just shoot for 2 hours before my flight, just so I can get through security, find my gate, etc. Then go grab a beer at the bar before the flight to kill some time :laugh:

I used to work for an airline, so I'm trained to hate people that show up to their flights 20-30 minutes before takeoff. I usually give myself 1.5-2 hours prior to takeoff to get through security and get to the gate. If I have to sit and wait, I usually throw on my headphones or open up a book. Or beer :cheers:

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot

Oh yeah, I always do the 2 hour thing, and have only cut it close like once. Usually I'm just sitting around forever kicking myself :laugh:

Also, gotta admit, when I saw some $10 AZ vs MN tickets, I was tempted too :D

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Oh yeah, I always do the 2 hour thing, and have only cut it close like once. Usually I'm just sitting around forever kicking myself :laugh:

Also, gotta admit, when I saw some $10 AZ vs MN tickets, I was tempted too :D

I'm really pumped because the Final Four is down there on Saturday too right across the street at the Cardinals stadium. I've heard that whole complex has a ton of bars and restaurants right by the arena/stadium. Should be hopping down there!

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I used to work for an airline, so I'm trained to hate people that show up to their flights 20-30 minutes before takeoff. I usually give myself 1.5-2 hours prior to takeoff to get through security and get to the gate. If I have to sit and wait, I usually throw on my headphones or open up a book. Or beer :cheers:

The only problem with the beer option, as me and some friends realized on our trip down to Dallas last year to visit a friend, airport bars are expensive as hell. But hey, it's a vacation, what the hell :laugh:

Hugart

Dec 23, 2016
The only problem with the beer option, as me and some friends realized on our trip down to Dallas last year to visit a friend, airport bars are expensive as hell. But hey, it's a vacation, what the hell :laugh:

I agree, vacation is vacation. Also, I have a motto that you should keep in mind.

If there's beer available, you drink.

It's simple but important.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I always show up to airports at least 2 hours early

flying is stressful enough w/o having added stress on your own part because you are intentionally stupid

Same, unless it's an airport I'm unfamiliar with... Then I'll show up ~3 hours early.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Same, unless it's an airport I'm unfamiliar with... Then I'll show up ~3 hours early.

this

except do not be more than 3 hours early because you might wind up like i did and almost miss a flight from toronto to chicago because you were so early you decided to take an adventure to a surrounding comic book store because you did not want to just sit in an airport for four hours and just drink

also

never miss a flight in salt lake city

i can not vouch for now

but in 2004 that airport was dry

it sucked

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
this

except do not be more than 3 hours early because you might wind up like i did and almost miss a flight from toronto to chicago because you were so early you decided to take an adventure to a surrounding comic book store because you did not want to just sit in an airport for four hours and just drink

also

never miss a flight in salt lake city

i can not vouch for now

but in 2004 that airport was dry

it sucked

Oh God. Stranded in a dry airport. How did you survive? :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway