OT: General OT Thread #42: The Answer to the Ultimate Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Hopefully the question is not: "How many more cases of the mumps will the Wild have?"

Previous Threads:

#1: This One's Retired For You
#2: Yes We Did!
#3: Modern Day William Randolph Hearst
#4: This Game Needs A White Girl
#5: "Demonstration On Popping A Cherry" Edition
#6: Shep Harder Edition
#7: "James Sheppard Memorial Popcorn Machine" Edition
#8: Mike Yeo's Hair Conditioner
#9: Beating The Mayans To The End Of The World
#10: Got The Shootout Moves Like Seto
#11: 11 Cent Beers Be Damned, Bring A NHL Team To The Twin Cities!
#12: vApathy and vDisillusionment
#13: "GopherState Memorial Appreciation" Edition*
#14: The FSN Sisterhood Of The Traveling LaPantas
#15: "Too Many #$@!ing Turtlenecks" Edition
#16: With A Name Like Zucker, It Has To Be Good
#17: Screw Willy, Free Agency
#18: A Deal With A Devil Caught Us A Predator
#19: The *insert an Olympic Village joke here* Edition
#20: Ryan Suter Always Tips Spurgeon 20%
#21: Buying Out Drinks Like We're Mark Parrish
#22: If Hockey's A Sport Best Locked Out, Put On Your Sunday Finest
#23: It's Not Even Fehr
#24: Here's Looking At You, Boogey
#25: Rock Out With Your Lock Out
#26: The #NHLisback Edition
#27: Bacon - Tasty And Good For Your Blue Line
#28: Hoppy's Luck Guides Our Puck
#29: Welcome To Pominville-Where Goals Come Better Than Girl Advice
#30: BNTG doesn't have time for your cap
#31: Wild Wish Offense Was As Potent As Fel
#32: It's All Heatley's Fault
#33: In Memory of Sergei Zholtok
#34: GopherState Memorial Appreciation Edition* Memorial Edition
#35: Generic User Finally Gets A Dynamic Title
#36: Because #35 was too Demanding
#37: Warren G Harding Edition
#38: Pavol Demitra Memorial Playoff Push Edition
#39: Intel Popcorn Processor 39000 Edition
#40: Giving Up Winning for Lent Edition
#41: Do We Have To Go With Skoula?

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Where we left off:

Anyone been to Up-Down? Just went there with some friends this past Friday.

For those that don't know, it's a bar in Uptown just PACKED with old school arcade games. It was actually really fun! Nostalgia off the charts for 80s and 90s kids.

We played TMNT, X-Men, NFL Blitz, and several more. It was just like being back in a legit arcade, except there are girls walking around asking if you'd like another beer :laugh:

I've been wanting to go so badly! I heard its awesome.

Hadn't heard of that place. My brother and I went to a place like 5 years ago now that was like an "arcade museum" with tons of old arcade games, but they weren't doing so well and closed up shortly afterwards.

If you like beer and old-school arcade games, Up-Down is a must visit!

Awesome, I'll see if I can lure my brother back for a trip with that as my sales pitch :laugh:

I live about 10 mins away from up-down, awesome place but ive only been on late night weekends and its always packed. I'd try and go during the weekdays if you don't want to deal with crowds and people holding down certain games for long periods of time.

We went on a Friday evening after work, and there were quite a few people there, but it wasn't crazy. If you were looking for one specific game to play, there might be people on it, but there were plenty of open options for us pretty much the whole time we were there (probably an hour and a half)

Watching the 5th season of Parks and Recreation. First it took some time to get it going, but it's become like a friend. Now I'm already sad there's only two and a half seasons left. My life will feel empty without Ron Swanson's awesome attitude, quotes and wisdom. All the other characters are cool too.

Let's see if I'll need intensive therapy after this :cry: :D

We've started watching it recently, too. I think we're in season three now. People were right that it just keeps getting better as it goes :D

ewoksonhoth

Lolorado
Jul 4, 2012
One Great City!
Can't wait to check out Up Down. I've got someone close who is just turning 21 in a week and I'm looking for as many places where we can do something, but also grab a drink. Anyone have any other, "we're doing something fun, but there's also a bar" places they like to go to?

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Can't wait to check out Up Down. I've got someone close who is just turning 21 in a week and I'm looking for as many places where we can do something, but also grab a drink. Anyone have any other, "we're doing something fun, but there's also a bar" places they like to go to?

One thing I've always wanted to do is go curling at that new place in downtown Chaska. The name escapes me at the moment, but some Googling should find it pretty easily.

It's a bar/restaraunt with a curling "rink" (is that correct terminology? lol) attached. They have big glass windows so you can watch people curl from inside the bar.

No idea on when they have curling available, or how you'd go about reserving it, but it's on my list of things to do. Looks like a blast. Having the bar attached is an added bonus :laugh:

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
theres a place in blaine just off 65 across 65 from ole piper that has curling. maybe fogerty arena?

Last edited:

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
One thing I've always wanted to do is go curling at that new place in downtown Chaska. The name escapes me at the moment, but some Googling should find it pretty easily.

It's a bar/restaraunt with a curling "rink" (is that correct terminology? lol) attached. They have big glass windows so you can watch people curl from inside the bar.

No idea on when they have curling available, or how you'd go about reserving it, but it's on my list of things to do. Looks like a blast. Having the bar attached is an added bonus :laugh:

Crooked Pint! Haven't been there yet either but really want to try it out. There is a crooked pint in Apple Valley (and Minneapolis) that I like going to a lot.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Crooked Pint! Haven't been there yet either but really want to try it out. There is a crooked pint in Apple Valley (and Minneapolis) that I like going to a lot.

That's it!

I've been there a couple times to eat, and the food is good, along with a pretty solid tap list.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
So.... I realize this is a long shot, but if anyone happens to see any "for rent" signs in front of a house or duplex in South Minneapolis or St. Louis Park/Hopkins, it'd really help me out if you let me know about it ;)

I'm sick of sifting through the scammers on Craigslist, and all the rent.com type sites tend to just have stuff like condos and whatnot from big companies. And I just don't have time during daylight hours to drive around neighborhoods I don't live in to look for signs.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Damn you, wind!!! Just took down part of an oak tree which then took a swath out of the beautiful evergreen in our yard. Hopefully that's all the damage we see today. The fun of living in the woods.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Found this in an old post of mine from 2012. Bringing it back.

su00C.gif

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
So.... I realize this is a long shot, but if anyone happens to see any "for rent" signs in front of a house or duplex in South Minneapolis or St. Louis Park/Hopkins, it'd really help me out if you let me know about it ;)

I'm sick of sifting through the scammers on Craigslist, and all the rent.com type sites tend to just have stuff like condos and whatnot from big companies. And I just don't have time during daylight hours to drive around neighborhoods I don't live in to look for signs.

Man, I wish you'd posted this two months ago. Just rented out a nice little house in SLP. Try Zillow.

Twoods1623

Jun 27, 2016
North Shore
Up-Down is a great place. I've been there twice now. Once on a very busy night and the other on a slow day. Both were fridays but I think on the slow day we got there when they opened because I took work off to go see PA for Friday Football Feast. My buddy and I had a great time playing games and having drinks. That's a great combo for us geeks. :teach2:

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City

Chicago Ave. or Portland Ave. from the creek to 66th street,usually a few duplexes in there available.Also there is a duplex near the Cub foods on 58th and Nicollet that had a sign a few days ago ,the one I am talking about was North of 58th not the run down ones south of 58th.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
Man, I wish you'd posted this two months ago. Just rented out a nice little house in SLP. Try Zillow.

Damn! Don't suppose you have any more "nice little houses" up your sleeve... ;)

Plock said:
Chicago Ave. or Portland Ave. from the creek to 66th street,usually a few duplexes in there available.Also there is a duplex near the Cub foods on 58th and Nicollet that had a sign a few days ago ,the one I am talking about was North of 58th not the run down ones south of 58th.
Thanks for the tip. I might drive by that way after work. I feel weird about cruising through neighborhoods I don't live in, but I pretty much have to I suppose.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Damn! Don't suppose you have any more "nice little houses" up your sleeve... ;)

Thanks for the tip. I might drive by that way after work. I feel weird about cruising through neighborhoods I don't live in, but I pretty much have to I suppose.

Not till the fall, probably.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Up-Down's Arcade and Pinball Lineup, per their website

Oh man, Revolution X. :laugh:

"There's an evil organization that has taken over the world and outlawed all the things that teenagers love. Only you, with the help of Aerosmith and your gun that shoots bullets and CD's, can stop them so that you can party with Aerosmith!"

Such a stupid premise, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't drop serious cash into that machine in the 90's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->