OT: General OT Thread #41: Do We Have To Go With Skoula?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Yeah, I'm confused on this one too. You're not even sure if you're seeing each other yet but the kids topic has come up??

giphy.gif

:sarcasm:

tripping.gif

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Although the girl I'm kinda maybe sorta seeing right now has talked about kids. So if that gets more serious, I'm sure my tune will change :laugh:

Well I mean, just in casual passing conversation. Not like "let's have babies" :laugh:

I'm in the process of navigating out of the friend zone. It may be a dangerous proposition, but hey... I like to live dangerously

FP3MdnH.jpg

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
So I *may* be going to the game on Tuesday. Its been over a decade since I've been to a wild game. What's the parking situation like around the X and how much is it going to cost?

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
So I *may* be going to the game on Tuesday. Its been over a decade since I've been to a wild game. What's the parking situation like around the X and how much is it going to cost?

I always park in the lots down the hill, like going on Kellogg past the X to the NE. I think it's 10 bucks to park in those. 5 minutes walk to the X

Wabit

May 23, 2016
3 weeks into going to the gym, not trying to get swole, just get healthier in general. Planet Fitness is a heck of a deal, I gotta say.

I went to the gym for 3 weeks once. It was a great time, it had a juice bar and hot tub. I had to quit though; I put on 5 lbs, and spent too much money at the juice bar. In retrospect maybe I should have gone into the area where people were doing stuff on the machines. :help:

Good for you. :yo:

I do need to find a gym. I just got my physical results back, and my cholesterol is a little too high. I got the dreaded diet and exercise speech from the Dr. :cry:

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Take it from someone with a lot of experience on this issue..

Get a work out routine/program/plan or whatever it's called from a personal trainer. It helps. Helped me a lot in the past, now I'm waiting for my new one.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota

Rivercenter is around 25$ and most of the smaller lots around the restaurants are at least 15$.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Rivercenter is around 25$ and most of the smaller lots around the restaurants are at least 15$.

I park at the rivercenter ramp every game. It's not $25, it's $15. I laugh at the lots 4-5 blocks away that charge the same price, but can't offer skyway access to get out of the area quickly.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I park at the rivercenter ramp every game. It's not $25, it's $15. I laugh at the lots 4-5 blocks away that charge the same price, but can't offer skyway access to get out of the area quickly.

The only problem with that ramp is it can take a while to get out of. I suppose if you're going to park there, you'd either want to park on the very top level or the very bottom level, so hot can get out fast.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The only problem with that ramp is it can take a while to get out of. I suppose if you're going to park there, you'd either want to park on the very top level or the very bottom level, so hot can get out fast.

Level 2 (ground level on the backside), and head to Shepard road. No faster way out of there. ;)

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere

I park in the main lot $30. There are 2 reasons why. First, I am right across the street from the X and only have to cross traffic at one street. Second (and most important), it is right-turn only coming out of it and that right turn puts you smack dab on I94W. I'm in and out of that place before most people are even on 7th St, Smith or Kellogg. I've time it from Smith Ramp, Ryan Lot and Rivercenter. Parking in the main lot saves me about 20 minutes.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I park a bit up the hill north on Kellogg for $10. Take a right turn out of the lot and you're immediately on 35E. Extremely easy, and you're never stuck waiting.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I park a bit up the hill north on Kellogg for $10. Take a right turn out of the lot and you're immediately on 35E. Extremely easy, and you're never stuck waiting.

I have heard good things about that area. I just never take 35E. I could, but I like just getting on 94 and taking it straight to 694/94W

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I park in the main lot $30. There are 2 reasons why. First, I am right across the street from the X and only have to cross traffic at one street. Second (and most important), it is right-turn only coming out of it and that right turn puts you smack dab on I94W. I'm in and out of that place before most people are even on 7th St, Smith or Kellogg. I've time it from Smith Ramp, Ryan Lot and Rivercenter. Parking in the main lot saves me about 20 minutes.

Well, good thing I'm not going to any of those. Like I said, I leave the rivercenter ramp and turn left and go to Shepard road, very little traffic there, right to 35e south. Looks like we both have quick exits that work for us. ;)

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Doing 80 really makes a 250 mile drive fly by.

Ooh Avder, you naughty boy.

Only time I've almost fallen asleep at the wheel was in a car with a cruise control. Set cruise to 130 kph (about 80 for the metrically challenged) and drive 150 km to a friend's place. During the night. In winter. Empty roads, because holiday season. And radio played some very mellow songs, too. After losing concentration/having a small "huh? Oh, right" -moment, I had to simply pull over to the next gas station and get myself some coffee.

And drive rest of the way with the cruise set firmly to 110, just in case. The roads were dry and no traffic, plus it was a highway, but... just in case.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
I've never had a fall asleep at the wheel moment yet, knock on wood.

But back when I went to college in Minnesota, I did a really dumb, but really fun thing. On my way back to school from the cities after Easter break, it was pitch black outside and raining, and right outside of St. Cloud on I-94 I decided to see just how fast I could get my car before feeling like slowing down.

Got it to 133 mph, in the rain, at night. Not the smartest decision, but damn if it wasn't fun. :sarcasm:

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Well, good thing I'm not going to any of those. Like I said, I leave the rivercenter ramp and turn left and go to Shepard road, very little traffic there, right to 35e south. Looks like we both have quick exits that work for us. ;)

Haha right. I think you're south metro too anyway right? I'm north metro so 35E is just adding time to my commute since I have to backtrack on 694 the entire length basically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad