OT: General OT Thread #41: Do We Have To Go With Skoula?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Oh boy...boards have gotten exponentially worse at home for me. Won't say why (because I don't think I can here) but ugh. What a pain.

Ad related?

If so, post about it on the Support Forum if you have the time/energy. Use this template to describe it:

Complaints about obtrusive ads must include the following information:

1. Location/Country
2. Device
3. Browser
4. Style of site being used (mobile vs desktop)
5. Company/product of ad.
6. A screen shot if possible
7. Brief description of how the ad is disruptive (can't you close the ad or if you do do is frequently reappear... be as specific as you can).
8. Page/Pages affected

Mobile users should be aware that the desktop site is not designed for mobile devices, nor are its ads.
The mobile version of the site is ad-free for logged in members.

How to take screenshots:
Android devices - power button + vol down
iOS - power button + home screen button
Desktop - browser addons can be used with Chrome and Firefox, Moo0 Screenshot can be used with anything

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
So Finnish friends... I was reading an article about Lauri Markkanen, freshman basketball player at Arizona, and it mentioned the national sport of Finland is Pesäpallo. I had never heard of it before. Closest comparison is baseball it looks like, but even then it seems pretty different. Is it popular over there, and is there still baseball over there as well? Hockey just way above everything else? Just curious.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
So Finnish friends... I was reading an article about Lauri Markkanen, freshman basketball player at Arizona, and it mentioned the national sport of Finland is Pesäpallo. I had never heard of it before. Closest comparison is baseball it looks like, but even then it seems pretty different. Is it popular over there, and is there still baseball over there as well? Hockey just way above everything else? Just curious.

Hockey and soccer are the most popular sports. Floorball (salibandy) is also pretty popular.

Pesäpallo is kind of a different version of baseball. It's fairly popular, mostly in smaller cities. I've never heard of a Finnish baseball team, though I know that some watch MLB.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Group texts are the absolute worst.

34855209.jpg

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
At least if you're all on iPhones you can just remove yourself from the conversation. The worst is when you're the only one in the group with an Android phone and you keep getting regular texts over and over and over and over...

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
John Wick 2 was great. Those movies are just so good. No wasted dialogue or scenes, great world building and such great "show, don't tell".

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I am in hour 10 of a 15 hour shift I picked up on a Saturday because they're offering overtime and I wanna fatten my wallet.

I'm insane.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
I am in hour 10 of a 15 hour shift I picked up on a Saturday because they're offering overtime and I wanna fatten my wallet.

I'm insane.

Insane, but slightly more wealthier than normally and you can indulge to your hedonistic needs, like a new PC. Mmmmmm, new PC.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Oh boy...boards have gotten exponentially worse at home for me. Won't say why (because I don't think I can here) but ugh. What a pain.

Same here. I stopped coming here because of it. But I did want to drop by to say I got some big news this past week. I'm getting married next year!

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Speaking of the forum, the board was having some connectivity issues for me earlier today (site went down I assume, probably due to the Bishop trade), and now nobody has avatars anymore. Anyone else have this problem?

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Speaking of the forum, the board was having some connectivity issues for me earlier today (site went down I assume, probably due to the Bishop trade), and now nobody has avatars anymore. Anyone else have this problem?

Yeah, apparently there are server issues right now.

If tonight's events caused the servers to bog down because of a heavy load, I shudder to think what will happen if the Leafs and Oilers make big trades on TDL Day :laugh:

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN

I think they turned off some features of the site due to server issues. It also doesn't tell you the number of active users right now. Probably a few small things to speed it up.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Yep, when the site slows down/502's, admins begin shutting off features.

Webmaster just notified us that they'll be working server stuff tomorrow in preparation for the trade deadline.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Yep, when the site slows down/502's, admins begin shutting off features.

Webmaster just notified us that they'll be working server stuff tomorrow in preparation for the trade deadline.

Didn't they switch over servers sometime this season? Today was a minor test with LA/TB and MN/AZ trades bogging things down.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Android 7.0 has made it possible for me to connect to hf, ESPN, and more on Wi-Fi again. Yay!!!!

7.0 Nougat has done wonders for my phone. I got my Galaxy S7 Edge in January and it had pretty bad battery life in comparison to my iPhone 6 Plus, and was constantly restarting itself for some odd reason. I learned about a week ago that it was still running on Android 6.0. Updated to 7.0 and it solved both of those problems, on top of all the other good things about Nougat. :yo:

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I've got the S6 and still don't have the update available. Basically the only thing I hate about Android - you have to wait a year sometimes to get the latest version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad