OT: General OT Thread #41: Do We Have To Go With Skoula?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Quotes/Paraphrases: top-3 ranked
So long and thanks for all the fish.
3. Don’t Panic.
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
Space, is big. Really big.
I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed
1. The Answer to the Great Question, of Life, the Universe and Everything.
2. Always Carry a Towel.
Bad news travels faster than light
Many of these could be used in a possible Avatar as well... they wouldn't all have to be "Don't Panic" based... something simple for frame 3... showing a Wild player really wet or something - saying "Always carry a towel" :sarcasm:

Or for Bad news travels faster than light - I could see a Mumps reference for Parise or Pominville. :laugh:

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
You guys know that feeling where you discover one of your coworkers ****ed up a few weeks ago, and the customer is calling in to see what's wrong, and you're the one that has to break the news that a large chunk of their money is in limbo because of the brain dead, idiotic mistake your coworker made that would have taken them all of 30 seconds for them to get right if they had bothered to remember some of the things they were taught in training?

Yeah I'm midway between Patrick Kane OT series ender and 2009 NFC title game levels of livid here.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Finns,

What is an area in Helsinki I should be staying at if I were to come there? You don't have Marriott's there :biglaugh:. What is there to do other than sightsee that is easy to get to without needing a car (obviously)? Any "must see" places?

Looking to come there probably in June.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
You guys know that feeling where you discover one of your coworkers ****ed up a few weeks ago, and the customer is calling in to see what's wrong, and you're the one that has to break the news that a large chunk of their money is in limbo because of the brain dead, idiotic mistake your coworker made that would have taken them all of 30 seconds for them to get right if they had bothered to remember some of the things they were taught in training?

Yeah I'm midway between Patrick Kane OT series ender and 2009 NFC title game levels of livid here.

I've definitely been there. I have a very difficult co-worker who thinks she's much smarter than she is, does not take criticism well when given to her and often makes excuses for her mistakes instead of learning from them. As a result of this madness, she does things incorrectly and I've had to have difficult conversations with customers as a result of her mistakes. I would love to be honest with customers but I need to be professional and not throw my coworker under the bus even though I know it was her mistake. She's been with the company for 10 months and the excuse I get from my manager is that she just has a higher "learning curve" and nothing ever happens.

That's what sends my brain shooting through the top of my skull.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Newest project done.

33115783565_96291eea9c_c.jpg

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Newest project done.

33115783565_96291eea9c_c.jpg

Looking good!

Likewise, my newest "project" is done as well. Made a video compilation for the first time in what, almost a decade? :laugh:

It was for our Classic Lotus Grand Prix broadcast. We did them for two seasons, but finally had to at least take a break due to conflicting schedules.

Technically should probably be in the gaming thread, but... whatever. It's relevant here, too.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
If were speaking of off topic projects that belong in the vidja games thread, later this week I'll be assembling the computer I've been talking about in there. I do not yet have the graphics cards, but the i7 has integrated graphics that I can use to install windows and do low level gaming with until the graphics cards arrive.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Just ordered a OnePlus 3T 64GB. Anyone have any experience of that phone?

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I've had Oneplus 3 since August now and it's the best phone I've ever had.

I've heard similar stuff. Do you use a screen protector?

I just ordered a flip case. Some of the screen protectors didn't seem too good, since some of them seemed too small for the phone for some reason.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I remember the kind of winters when there would always be a snowstorm during the week of the Boys Hockey Tourney. Today, there's no snow and we are now in a tornado watch. WTF?

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I remember the kind of winters when there would always be a snowstorm during the week of the Boys Hockey Tourney. Today, there's no snow and we are now in a tornado watch. WTF?

Haha yeah, supposed to be real windy in southern MN.

Later this week it's supposed to cool off, and possibly snow. So we may still get that snowstorm :laugh:

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
I've heard similar stuff. Do you use a screen protector?

I just ordered a flip case. Some of the screen protectors didn't seem too good, since some of them seemed too small for the phone for some reason.

Nope, just a flip case. My friend managed to **** up his Oneplus 3's screen by keeping it in his jeans back pocket and sitting down. I wouldn't bend that phone too much but it takes a good beating if in a good quality flip cover.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Anyone been to Up-Down? Just went there with some friends this past Friday.

For those that don't know, it's a bar in Uptown just PACKED with old school arcade games. It was actually really fun! Nostalgia off the charts for 80s and 90s kids.

We played TMNT, X-Men, NFL Blitz, and several more. It was just like being back in a legit arcade, except there are girls walking around asking if you'd like another beer :laugh:

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere

For those that don't know, it's a bar in Uptown just PACKED with old school arcade games. It was actually really fun! Nostalgia off the charts for 80s and 90s kids.

We played TMNT, X-Men, NFL Blitz, and several more. It was just like being back in a legit arcade, except there are girls walking around asking if you'd like another beer :laugh:

I've been wanting to go so badly! I heard its awesome.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot

Hadn't heard of that place. My brother and I went to a place like 5 years ago now that was like an "arcade museum" with tons of old arcade games, but they weren't doing so well and closed up shortly afterwards.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
I live about 10 mins away from up-down, awesome place but ive only been on late night weekends and its always packed. I'd try and go during the weekdays if you don't want to deal with crowds and people holding down certain games for long periods of time.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
We went on a Friday evening after work, and there were quite a few people there, but it wasn't crazy. If you were looking for one specific game to play, there might be people on it, but there were plenty of open options for us pretty much the whole time we were there (probably an hour and a half)

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Watching the 5th season of Parks and Recreation. First it took some time to get it going, but it's become like a friend. Now I'm already sad there's only two and a half seasons left. My life will feel empty without Ron Swanson's awesome attitude, quotes and wisdom. All the other characters are cool too.

Let's see if I'll need intensive therapy after this :cry: :D

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
Watching the 5th season of Parks and Recreation. First it took some time to get it going, but it's become like a friend. Now I'm already sad there's only two and a half seasons left. My life will feel empty without Ron Swanson's awesome attitude, quotes and wisdom. All the other characters are cool too.

Let's see if I'll need intensive therapy after this :cry: :D

We've started watching it recently, too. I think we're in season three now. People were right that it just keeps getting better as it goes :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad