OT: General OT Thread #41: Do We Have To Go With Skoula?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Yeah, looked at the forecast for Hockey Day Minnesota and the outdoor games they'll be playing. Looks like 40 and rain for Saturday, not good for outdoor hockey!

My nephew is having his birthday party on Saturday and the kids were supposed to be sledding all day. Might have better luck breaking out the Slip-N-Slide instead.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
hockey day in Minnesota may suck, but with this nice warm spell the roads and parking lots should get pretty much cleared up. I'll take it.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Is it true that just checking your credit score can actually lower it? What is the logic behind that? I would think that someone checking their credit score would be more likely to be a more financially responsible person.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
hockey day in Minnesota may suck, but with this nice warm spell the roads and parking lots should get pretty much cleared up. I'll take it.

Avder appeared!

This means we'll see an early Spring, right?

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Is it true that just checking your credit score can actually lower it? What is the logic behind that? I would think that someone checking their credit score would be more likely to be a more financially responsible person.

Not extremely knowledgeable about how it works but I don't think checking it should lower it...but it is adversely affected by multiple inquiries by creditors (especially in a short amount of time). But I didn't think a credit 'check' constitutes an inquiry, but I could be wrong. Maybe some credit score websites actually inquire into your credit, which could then have an adverse effect.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Not extremely knowledgeable about how it works but I don't think checking it should lower it...but it is adversely affected by multiple inquiries by creditors (especially in a short amount of time). But I didn't think a credit 'check' constitutes an inquiry, but I could be wrong. Maybe some credit score websites actually inquire into your credit, which could then have an adverse effect.

I was wondering because on Wells Fargo's new website layout, they have a section that shows you your credit score. In the FAQs one of the questions was "Will checking my FICO Credit Score through Wells Fargo lower it?" (or something along those lines)

Thought it was weird, implying that checking your credit score elsewhere might lower it. But maybe it's referring to what you're talking about, where other people (creditors) are checking your credit score.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
I was wondering because on Wells Fargo's new website layout, they have a section that shows you your credit score. In the FAQs one of the questions was "Will checking my FICO Credit Score through Wells Fargo lower it?" (or something along those lines)

Thought it was weird, implying that checking your credit score elsewhere might lower it. But maybe it's referring to what you're talking about, where other people (creditors) are checking your credit score.

Checking your FICO for your own curiosities will not effect it. But the below will:

If you are trying to open a new Credit Card and if you approve of a credit inquiry by a vendor or CC company, you run the risk of it going down due to the more inquiries there are, the more one is trying to get more and more credit.

Also, if you try and set-up an increased limit on already established accounts, some companies will run a full inquiry.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Ugg, I've gone soft. I forgot how rough this 4am get up and get ready to leave, for a game routine is. We pulled the kid from hockey around Thanksgiving because of her grades, and she just earned it back.

I will say that the organization we take her to is great. Supported the move to pull her out, and welcomed her back with open arms a month and a half before the season ends. They won't even take money in club dues. The coach is really hands off: basic positioning, no systems, just lets the girls play and figure a lot of things out for themselves. We were just going to let her do practices (drills mostly) for the rest of the year, but he pushed to get her into games too. My kid isn't a good player.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Avder appeared!

This means we'll see an early Spring, right?

No, only that there is a minuscule chance of a rant in the near future.

Just one the credit industries more annoying little **** you's.

00xtremeninja

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
beer alert fyi there is a recall on sierra nevada bottles with an M code . possible chipping in glass bottles be careful. cheers.https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/sierra-nevada-recalls-beer-sold-154305449.html

373975265.jpg

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Sing Street is on Netflix, if you haven't seen it you should watch it. Just watched it for the 3rd time, wonderful movie, shame it didn't get any best song nods for the Oscars.

Last edited:

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Sing Street is on Netflix, if you haven't seen it you should watch it. Just watched it for the 3rd time, wonderful movie, shame it didn't get any best song nods for the Oscars.

Watched this the other night because of your recommendation. Pretty cool, but I feel like most of the 80's nostalgia was lost on me. :laugh:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I never realized how tedious stringing a goalie net is. The frame took 5 mins to put together, tying on the net on took 45 mins.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
I never realized how tedious stringing a goalie net is. The frame took 5 mins to put together, tying on the net on took 45 mins.

Always the case.

I coach HS Lacrosse and we dedicate a day for "volunteers" to come out on the Sunday before the season and all string nets. **** takes forever.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I feel asleep watching something on a military channel. Woke up to a program on bunkers. Now I want to buy a bunker.

:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead was the wife's reaction when I mentioned it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad