OT: General OT MEGATHREAD (No Politics) - Read OP before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Gary McCord, Peter Kostis are no longer part of CBS Sports' golf broadcast

Kostis and McCord both gone. Good. Two of my least favorite analysts. Unpopular opinion I'm sure.

Kostis' swing analysis has long been outdated visual observation of position-oriented theories made with the benefit of super slow motion technology, and that's about it. There are others out there can do that, if that's what people want, and do it better.

McCord is just a jabbering play by play guy these days whose "ooop!" and "whooaaa" type reactions and sound effects add nothing but clutter to the broadcast. Useless noise.

Now if "concern voice" Koch and "drawly folksy" Wadkins get the boot I'll be really happy.

both were great at their best.....but it’s time to get some new blood in there. More guys like Bones are needed IMO.

Reactions: g00n

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
Anyone else watching Watchmen on HBO?

I’ve never read the comics/graphic novels or even seen the movie from a few years back...and I love it so far. I’m a total Damon Lindelof fan (especially The Leftovers) so it’s sucked me right in.

Last edited:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

I’ve never read the comics/graphic novels or even seen the movie from a few years back...and I love it so far. I’m a total Damon Lindelof fan (especially The Leftovers) so it’s sucked with right in.

waiting for it to queue up. Can’t wait.....

Just finished Daybreak on Netflix. Fun teen apocalypse series.

Also just finished Preacher season 3. Soooooooo good.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs

I’ve never read the comics/graphic novels or even seen the movie from a few years back...and I love it so far. I’m a total Damon Lindelof fan (especially The Leftovers) so it’s sucked with right in.
Really digging it. Jean Smart killed it last night. I'm also loving the Reznor/Ross score.

Glad you mentioned The Leftovers. Total sleeper all-time great show. Compact, complete, and brilliant.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

I’ve never read the comics/graphic novels or even seen the movie from a few years back...and I love it so far. I’m a total Damon Lindelof fan (especially The Leftovers) so it’s sucked me right in.

I'm digging the Watchmen series so far. Definitely feel taking into the future from the original content gives much more room to maneuver.

Hard to compare this with The Leftovers at this point until the first season is over but personally was much more into the Leftovers 3 eps in. I really really liked the Leftovers. The first and third seasons were amazing imho.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Well written, but shame on the judge for not throwing out the case and shame on the parents for the frivolity they put their already-traumatized son through.

I agree and I’m glad they lost, but I also sympathize with the kid and his parents some. They probably feel his life in a ways was stolen in a freaky play. That family needs to find a way to heal. Very sad for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino