OT: General OT MEGATHREAD (No Politics) - Read OP before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Do not post political discussion in this thread.

If you post spoilers/speculation/rumors regarding recent TV shows or movies use the spoiler tag. This includes post, twists, mood, references, alive/dead comments, or anything that might offer clues to what viewers can expect, excepting a personal thumbs up or down. Be careful when quoting text tagged as spoilers. If you really want to talk with someone about spoiler content in detail, use a PM. Basically, just be considerate of your fellow posters who may not be as current as you.

Last edited:

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Reed is my favourite player, of all the majors I thought Augusta was the least likely he would win since you have to drive it well to win and Reed is a poor driver. Lots of crow to be eaten since Reed is probably the most hated player on Tour by both fans and players.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Most hated? Maybe by Euro Ryder Cup fans lol. So clutch.

Yeah seriously. Everyone knows Rory Sabbatini is the most hated guy on tour...

Reed definitely has a more suspicious past off the course that has been fairly well-hidden. The major reason why the applause for him on 18 was relatively subdued compared to past winners is because he had some problems at UGA and Augusta State, and a lot of the fans know about it. Plus, there's this from an anonymous ESPN players' poll:

2496168273.png

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
What?! Spieth with the amazing comeback, Fowler right there, Rory missing the career Grand Slam for another year? I don’t see how any golf fan could have issue with that back 9.

Yeah, I suppose. Last year we had a sudden-death playoff, the year before was Spieth's epic collapse, and the year before that was Spieth's arrival... hard to top that. Also, I can't stand Reed so that probably has a lot to do with it.

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
Spieth had been struggling with his swing in that Masters....his putting had him in the lead.

Most experts would have Norman on top (at least in the last 30 years, maybe longer).

Jordan Spieth and the worst Masters chokes ever

Some other articles I quickly searched agree.

Agreed. While Norman had the pedigree, the form and the choking reputation at the time, his was a slower burn. van de Velde lost it all on one hole where all he needed was a double bogey to win. Such a quick collapse.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
As a Norman fan, it was like death by slow drip....horrible after coming up short so many times in Majors, then recovering to play his best career golf at the place he wanted to win more than any, and looked like it would be a formality on Sunday. Worst sports moment for me personally as a fan. Probably closely rivaling a few Caps series losses.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
The worst sports moment for me, even worse than any Caps failures, was the 2009 Open Championship. I still don't think I've fully come to grips that Tom Watson didn't win that tournament.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
The worst sports moment for me, even worse than any Caps failures, was the 2009 Open Championship. I still don't think I've fully come to grips that Tom Watson didn't win that tournament.

I never felt he really had a chance there (in the playoff) What a weekend though....that’s a great golfing memory for me for sure that run. It was like seeing Connors run at the US Open a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->