OT: General OT MEGATHREAD (No Politics) - Read OP before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
All the Giants around here have sold out of Ovi O cereal :laugh:

TBF I think they carried like 60 boxes per store so not surprising enterprising fans would snatch them up immediately. People were in line at 5:50 AM to get those things.

Took friends and four stores but we found four boxes.

IMG_6138.jpeg

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Finished El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie tonight. Curious to see how others feel about it since I wasn’t as high on it as others have been

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Finished El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie tonight. Curious to see how others feel about it since I wasn’t as high on it as others have been

I just finished and it was very "meh" for me. I wouldn't watch it again and I am a huge re-watcher of Breaking Bad.

Also, and this is a little petty, but Jesse Plemons who plays "Todd" changed so much (face and weight) from 2012 to today that it was jarring watching him and thinking it is supposed to be the same time frame as the last episodes.

Anyway the story was slow and it felt like it dragged. Glad we still have "Better Call Saul".

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I just finished and it was very "meh" for me. I wouldn't watch it again and I am a huge re-watcher of Breaking Bad.

Also, and this is a little petty, but Jesse Plemons who plays "Todd" changed so much (face and weight) from 2012 to today that it was jarring watching him and thinking it is supposed to be the same time frame as the last episodes.

Anyway the story was slow and it felt like it dragged. Glad we still have "Better Call Saul".
I'm glad I'm not the only one. It just felt completely unnecessary and about 90% of the movie was boring IMO

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

It was the exact same quality as a two-part regular season episode would have been. I wish the whole Todd angle played out more.....super creepy under the surface.

I don’t see how any diehard of the original wouldn’t at least be somewhat entertained. Jesse was just unlikeable as a character and I think this plays into that.

Definitely limited replay value, but many good movies have limited replay value.

Last edited:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Gary McCord, Peter Kostis are no longer part of CBS Sports' golf broadcast

Kostis and McCord both gone. Good. Two of my least favorite analysts. Unpopular opinion I'm sure.

Kostis' swing analysis has long been outdated visual observation of position-oriented theories made with the benefit of super slow motion technology, and that's about it. There are others out there can do that, if that's what people want, and do it better.

McCord is just a jabbering play by play guy these days whose "ooop!" and "whooaaa" type reactions and sound effects add nothing but clutter to the broadcast. Useless noise.

Now if "concern voice" Koch and "drawly folksy" Wadkins get the boot I'll be really happy.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I couldn't get into. Didn't even watch it all. I'll try watching it again another time. Maybe I will like it. Wouldn't be the first I disliked a movie but liked it the 2nd time around.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Kostis was good enough. I've never been too interested in swing breakdowns but he's knowledgeable and knew when not to speak over the crowd. McCord is pretty much the dictionary definition of addition by subtraction though. I don't think anybody's been amused by any of his attempts at comedy in over a decade.

The only CBS on-course commentator who would be a legitimate loss if they were to leave is Dottie. Nobody else really adds anything.

Reactions: g00n
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->