GDT: R1:G4 | New York Islanders vs Carolina Hurricanes | April 27th | 2:00 PM | F/OTW 3-2

attilatheislander

It's Mr. Chicken Little to you!
Oct 10, 2014
California
Glad to see they rallied to avoid the sweep. They’ve made a habit this year of going on winnibg streaks after being left for dead.

Win again in Raleigh and then things get interesting.
This series has epitomized the 23-24 season: blown multi-goal 3rd period lead, dumb penalties, bad icings, failures to clear the zone, unreliable pk and pp, subpar Sorokin. The only missing aspects I see are: 1) winning streak that teases fans with hope; 2) at least one OT loss. So, game 7 OT loss incoming.

NittanyIsle

Feb 16, 2013
The last game I went to on Long Island a few years ago wasn't exactly rife with sophistos.

I mean you're guaranteed to run into trashcans from Seaford but at least they understand hockey.

Canes fans don't have the slightest clue 20 years in. It's actually insane how shitty they are at understanding this sport. The actual hockey fans that moved down there all support teams other than the canes.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Watched the game with my dad, and it was pretty good. Isles played a great game. Too many bad penalties but they held on. UBS rocks as an arena. Lets stop calling it lifeless.

Barzal played like a superstar. Lets carry the energy into game 5

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I know a couple of people were offended that I lowered the typically high level of discourse in the GDT :rolleyes: by making a crack about the Canes having a bunch of ugly Middle Earth-looking players, and for that I'm deeply sorry, but I will point out that we won not long after I made that joke. Coincidence? Perhaps. Or maybe not??

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Played a very good game. Sad thing is the Isles could VERY easily be up 3-1, or at least tied 2-2 right now

Outside of game 2, I’ve thought they’ve played a very competitive series

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
I mean you're guaranteed to run into trashcans from Seaford but at least they understand hockey.

Canes fans don't have the slightest clue 20 years in. It's actually insane how shitty they are at understanding this sport. The actual hockey fans that moved down there all support teams other than the canes.
This is true.

Reactions: Osakahaus

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
Just watching replay....moments before Barzal scored first....ishakov clearly tripped. Nothing. Insane.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
from the bottom of every Rangers fans heart, thank you for making Carolina play a minimum of 4.5 extra periods of hockey :)

Nice win, congrats

Reactions: beach

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
I love you all. Truly. But giving up 50 shots on net to a team that won only 33 percent of the faceoffs is literally not going to work out again in our favor. Nothing about this game should be replicated other than the score. Unless were just expecting varlamov to walk into carolina on tuesday and put up another 45 saves? Hey its possible but…. Unlikely. This team has to find another gear and figure out a way to win in convincing fashion tuesday. A repeat of this game and the series ends Tuesday.

from the bottom of every Rangers fans heart, thank you for making Carolina play a minimum of 4.5 extra periods of hockey :)

Nice win, congrats
Get lost. Nobody cares what a rangers fan opinion on here means. Thanks for shopping, though.

Taswell

Oct 4, 2017
I love you all. Truly. But giving up 50 shots on net to a team that won only 33 percent of the faceoffs is literally not going to work out again in our favor. Nothing about this game should be replicated other than the score. Unless were just expecting varlamov to walk into carolina on tuesday and put up another 45 saves? Hey its possible but…. Unlikely. This team has to find another gear and figure out a way to win in convincing fashion tuesday. A repeat of this game and the series ends Tuesday.

Get lost. Nobody cares what a rangers fan opinion on here means. Thanks for shopping, though.

I mean...to be fair, those shots include some overtime play. I don't disagree with the overall sentiment though.

Reactions: BelovedIsles

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Was at the game yesterday, Two things. First, I am very proud of this team regardless of what happens after this. After that terrible Game 2, they have responded with two very hard fought games. The team gave it everything they had yesterday and you could see the emotion from them and the bench. They had not given up despite being down 3-0 in the series. The did everything they could to win that game for the fans yesterday and they got it done. Second, the atmosphere was great. Considering we were down 3-0, the fans were engaged and vocal and it was loud. Great time.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
We also hate the Canes, right now.

But we will want them to kick the ever living shit out of the Rags.

Rare case where sports fans think the same as players do. Players will rarely admit it though Bryce Harper did in 2015 when he said he hoped the Mets would win the World Series but they usually want the team who beat them to win the whole thing. Though I have to wonder how many players on the 1996 Wings wanted Colorado to beat Florida, some of those real intense rivalries it may not apply

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad