Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
HPNburl.jpg

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
My hot take for school is that it should be year-round, but with more and longer breaks: 2 weeks for the early spring, 2 more weeks in late spring/early summer, another 2 for late summer/early fall, a full week for Thanksgiving, and 2-3 weeks for the winter holidays.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
My hot take for school is that it should be year-round, but with more and longer breaks: 2 weeks for the early spring, 2 more weeks in late spring/early summer, another 2 for late summer/early fall, a full week for Thanksgiving, and 2-3 weeks for the winter holidays.
It's too hot to process things in summer even in russia

Ps: you guys have a free day because of cold weather?! Did i get this right? All hail the global warming

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
My favorite is when they preemptively close schools because they think it is going to snow and then of course it doesn’t. WTF, why is waiting to see if it actually snows a bridge too far...?
Little kids got caught in heavy conditions between home and school couldnt be a good thing. I dont mind keeping it safe.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Little kids got caught in heavy conditions between home and school couldnt be a good thing. I dont mind keeping it safe.

Waiting until the morning to see if it actually snowed doesn’t work for you? If it actually snowed then go ahead and cancel school. If it is 35 degrees and raining then go to school.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Waiting until the morning to see if it actually snowed doesn’t work for you? If it actually snowed then go ahead and cancel school. If it is 35 degrees and raining then go to school.

No decision at evening = some kids are going anyway. If conditions are bad they're messed up.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Kids these days don't know the special excitement of waking up early in the morning on a snowy day and watching the tv news scroll at the bottom of the screen to see if their school is closed.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
In the totally off topic category. I bought my first Porsche today. I retired from racing in January. So, this is a new experience.

Pretty cool. Friends are offering me a Porshe run on Nordschleife but the franchise of insurance is closer to 2k euro so Im still not ready :P

One day I'll do it. Rumor has it Porsche is fun to drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->