Confirmed with Link: Gemel Smith - Waived by Boston 12/18

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Does wagner really hit???

I mean if it really doesn't affect the play do you count it as a hit? He hits like he's playing against toddlers, sure their there but not very impactfull at all. I think Kuraly and Smiths speed with their forechecking ability will cause a lot more havoc and create more turnovers than Wagners love taps he delivers.

Wait...what?

The B’s need more guys that deliver love taps and hit like they are playing against toddlers, whatever the f*** that means.

Reactions: Tbrady12

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario

I mean if it really doesn't affect the play do you count it as a hit? He hits like he's playing against toddlers, sure their there but not very impactfull at all. I think Kuraly and Smiths speed with their forechecking ability will cause a lot more havoc and create more turnovers than Wagners love taps he delivers.
I don’t know he has thrown some big ones,and on a team where very few forwards hit anything,he might be missed.Dont get me wrong I’m not loosing any sleep if he isn’t in the lineup,were talking forth line players,but yeah I liked him on the forth line.

Reactions: TCB

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Dom I always put 100% truse in what you post BUT it concerns me as to why he was replaced by a 7th defenseman in the Stars line up earlier in the season and why he only played 3 minutes last game against Nucks.. BUT if he can replace the Bruin who played 24 games with only 1 assist, YET has the worst +/- on team with a -7, tied with Donato and Krug has a -6..

I don't follow the Stars that closely. I didn't know he was replaced by a 7th defenceman. Oh well.

Smith isn't coming here to be some sort of saviour. I know, it's the fast food mentality everyone wants.

He's here as an upgrade on the 4th line that can move up to the third in a pinch. He's an asset that costs this team zero assets. You grab them anytime you can if it improves your team in any one area.

I'm the most patient person you'll ever meet. Right now this is a zero line team. Smith upgrades the 4th line, Bergeron upgrades the first line. When they upgrade the second line (be it Nash or whoever), it will move guys to their proper spots and hopefully that upgrades the third line.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
oh look, another 4th liner :thumbu: but he's fast, he's free, he can slide up in the lineup if need be.
sounds like he'll fit in well.

Reactions: Dom - OHL

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I don’t know he has thrown some big ones,and on a team where very few forwards hit anything,he might be missed.Dont get me wrong I’m not loosing any sleep if he isn’t in the lineup,were talking forth line players,but yeah I liked him on the forth line.

That is where he belongs, the bruins have way too many fourth liners playing second and 3rd line minutes.

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
I don't follow the Stars that closely. I didn't know he was replaced by a 7th defenceman. Oh well.

Smith isn't coming here to be some sort of saviour. I know, it's the fast food mentality everyone wants.

He's here as an upgrade on the 4th line that can move up to the third in a pinch. He's an asset that costs this team zero assets. You grab them anytime you can if it improves your team in any one area.

I'm the most patient person you'll ever meet. Right now this is a zero line team. Smith upgrades the 4th line, Bergeron upgrades the first line. When they upgrade the second line (be it Nash or whoever), it will move guys to their proper spots and hopefully that upgrades the third line.

I appreciate your quick response and what you said makes perfect sense..Tonight Wagner out and JFK centering Donato and Acciari, both players with a team worst -7..Cant help but pity the kid..

Thanks again Dom, I'm confident the Bruins will be ok when we get the injured back, especially Bergy, Charlie and Chara..

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Assets:An industrious forward with very good skating ability, he owns the versatility to play both center and wing. Can play a shutdown role if required and is the type of player coaches like to put on the ice with the game on the line.
Flaws:Is a bit undersized (5-10, 190 pounds) for the National Hockey League, so he will need to get even stronger in order to maximize output at the highest level. Does not have the high-end skills to play a top-six forward role.
Career Potential:Solid, speedy and versatile forward with a little upside.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018

A front runner for stupidest post of the day.

Reactions: GloryDaze4877

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Two goals? Krejci we have found your winger! We found him! We found him!!!
That's as many goals Lucic has in the last 74 games, but that's not stopping folks from wanting him back with the Bruins and Krejci. Smith is basically Lucic, why not play him with Krejci :sarcasm:.

Reactions: Chief Nine

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

This was not a good take at all. Wagner delivers more than just love taps. He’s a very good hitter. He makes solid body contact. What exactly does that even mean? A hit can do a number of things. Not really seeing how you can say a hit shouldn’t count if it doesn’t affect the play.

Also to the bolded.... How? Just how?

Reactions: Chief Nine

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Give this place 3 weeks and he will be a bust like everyone else on the team who can't score.

I really don't see it, that way.
I mean he is what he is. I don't think anyone here is expecting him to come in and produce big time minutes/numbers as a top six.

I think its more like Sweeney likes him as a possible 3rd/4th liner and he became available for free, so why not put a claim in for him.

Its a cant lose move for Sweeney,if he doesn't pan out,so be it but if he comes in a pops 8-10 goals the rest of the year it'll be a good move.

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
I really don't see it, that way.
I mean he is what he is. I don't think anyone here is expecting him to come in and produce big time minutes/numbers as a top six.

I think its more like Sweeney likes him as a possible 3rd/4th liner and he became available for free, so why not put a claim in for him.

Its a cant lose move for Sweeney,if he doesn't pan out,so be it but if he comes in a pops 8-10 goals the rest of the year it'll be a good move.

You are exactly right TCB, outside of this forum that makes perfect sense.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
This was not a good take at all. Wagner delivers more than just love taps. He’s a very good hitter. He makes solid body contact. What exactly does that even mean? A hit can do a number of things. Not really seeing how you can say a hit shouldn’t count if it doesn’t affect the play.

Also to the bolded.... How? Just how?

I'm sorry I should of used the sarcasm moji. I know all hits count and can wear down your opponent but I just don't see the thundering body checks from Wagner, that would warrant keeping him in the line-up. I'd rather see someone who supplies speed and a tenacious fore-check creating turnovers in the line-up over Wagner.

I'm really surprised though to tell you the truth,that someone like you with so much knowledge on what everyone's posts here, that you didn't catch the sarcasm.:sarcasm:

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Assets:An industrious forward with very good skating ability, he owns the versatility to play both center and wing. Can play a shutdown role if required and is the type of player coaches like to put on the ice with the game on the line.
Flaws:Is a bit undersized (5-10, 190 pounds) for the National Hockey League, so he will need to get even stronger in order to maximize output at the highest level. Does not have the high-end skills to play a top-six forward role.
Career Potential:Solid, speedy and versatile forward with a little upside.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

but he told his friends he will be playing with Pasta and Marchand

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I'm sorry I should of used the sarcasm moji. I know all hits count and can wear down your opponent but I just don't see the thundering body checks from Wagner, that would warrant keeping him in the line-up. I'd rather see someone who supplies speed and a tenacious fore-check creating turnovers in the line-up over Wagner.

I'm really surprised though to tell you the truth,that someone like you with so much knowledge on what everyone's posts here, that you didn't catch the sarcasm.:sarcasm:

Ah. You got torn apart on a bad take so now you’re pleading sarcasm. Hahaha

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Wonder how he'd look with a guy like Senyshyn on the other wing. Imagine the speed those two could play with lol.

Senyshyn is speedy but not from standstill. Only average burst. And in todays league that initial burst is more valuable imo

this and only average iq is why Seny is struggling from what i can see

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad