Confirmed with Link: Gemel Smith - Waived by Boston 12/18

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I saw Dom tweeted this kid was on waivers the other day and it seems like he (Dom) likes him, good enough for me, stick a "C" on his jersey, send him out vs the Bolts tonight:sarcasm:

I hit the interwebz to find out more about him as I honestly can`t recall ever hearing about him, here`s a few things I found for those who wish or might be in the same boat as I am about him, couldn`t find much but maybe Dom or someone else may be able to shed more on him

https://dobberprospects.com/player/gemel-smith/

Hockey's Future - Gemel Smith

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Here are his career stats:

Gemel Smith at eliteprospects.com

Gemel Smith Stats | Hockey-Reference.com

Not sure what to make of this? Stop-gap until Bergeron gets back?

I saw him a bit with the Stars, plays kind of a chirpy rat game, great wheels, hands of stone from what I saw- so a typical Bruins 4t liner. That said, he is better than Acciari and he can bring a good forecheck game. Not sure where he fits in our current line structure. Maybe on the wing with Kuraly? Playing between Heinen and Nordstrom or something like that?

Reactions: bruins4thecup65

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I saw him a bit with the Stars, plays kind of a chirpy rat game, great wheels, hands of stone from what I saw- so a typical Bruins 4t liner. That said, he is better than Acciari and he can bring a good forecheck game. Not sure where he fits in our current line structure. Maybe on the wing with Kuraly? Playing between Heinen and Nordstrom or something like that?

No harm in picking him up. The B's can waive him again once they are healthier or make a deal and I believe at that point DAL can reclaim him and send him down to the AHL without going through the waiver process again?

Reactions: CptxMorgan

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
No harm in picking him up. The B's can waive him again once they are healthier or make a deal and I believe at that point DAL can reclaim him and send him down to the AHL without going through the waiver process again?

I actually think it is a good pickup and I think he could really be a regular 4th line player for us. If not, its low risk for sure.

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
Not sure what to read into this. Someone will have to go back to Providence.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Yeah, I believe Dom mentioned him in a thread a few days ago. I like this kids game.

He might be pushing Acciari out of the lineup, too.

You and I will be extremely happy with this kid. AND IF YOU AND I ARE HAPPY, EVERY ONE HERE WILL BE

Attachments

• Smith, Givani (2).JPG
    Smith, Givani (2).JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 119

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad