Confirmed with Link: Gemel Smith - Waived by Boston 12/18

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
any guess if this kid will be playing with the big club or what? Can`t imagine DS isn`t seeing what we are seeing from this lineup

I don`t think his presence will suddenly bring everyone`s game up a level but he has to be an upgrade from someone in this lineup

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
any guess if this kid will be playing with the big club or what? Can`t imagine DS isn`t seeing what we are seeing from this lineup

I don`t think his presence will suddenly bring everyone`s game up a level but he has to be an upgrade from someone in this lineup

He’s an upgrade on Acciari, that’s for sure.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Looks like Cam Neely has found his "Band-Aid" in Smith

Cam Neely weighs in on state of Bruins –

“It makes it a little more challenging because teams know that you’re a little more vulnerable,” said Neely. “On the one hand, you really want to make a hockey trade and not necessarily just a band aid, but if there’s an opportunity where it could be a “band aid,” you don’t want to give up an asset that may not be ready yet but they are going to be ready and will help you for a lot longer than a band aid. There’s that delicate balance to make sure you’re doing the right thing for the club, both short-term and long-term.”
[/QUOTE]

BruinsNetwork

Senyshyn is speedy but not from standstill. Only average burst. And in todays league that initial burst is more valuable imo

this and only average iq is why Seny is struggling from what i can see

Sorry, but this is just flat out inaccurate. Senyshyn can skate like the wind, be it burst, standstill or in stride. I watched, and posted the video, of him skating hash-to-hash from a standstill in 6.0-seconds.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Sorry, but this is just flat out inaccurate. Senyshyn can skate like the wind, be it burst, standstill or in stride. I watched, and posted the video, of him skating hash-to-hash from a standstill in 6.0-seconds.
It’s not speed that’s an issue it’s his hockey IQ that is. If he can speed pop in a few goals in be physical then he might find notch on a fourth line. I just don’t think his head is good enough for top 6.

Reactions: Strafer

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
It’s not speed that’s an issue it’s his hockey IQ that is. If he can speed pop in a few goals in be physical then he might find notch on a fourth line. I just don’t think his head is good enough for top 6.

He is getting there

Camjams

Jul 6, 2018
He’s an upgrade on Acciari, that’s for sure.
Can someone please explain to me why all the Acciari hate this year? I have read over and over on these boards that he is the worst player on the team. I don’t get it. He is not offensively gifted, but he skates hard, hits hard and forechecks hard. He seems to have more chances to score than any of the other 4th line types on the team.

I agree we have way too many 4th liners on this team but what has Acciari done or not done to single him out?

Reactions: Ritmo

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Can someone please explain to me why all the Acciari hate this year? I have read over and over on these boards that he is the worst player on the team. I don’t get it. He is not offensively gifted, but he skates hard, hits hard and forechecks hard. He seems to have more chances to score than any of the other 4th line types on the team.

I agree we have way too many 4th liners on this team but what has Acciari done or not done to single him out?

Saying he isn't offensively gifted is being kind. He has 2 assists in his last 84 games played. He's on pace for 3 points this season in 79 games. That's a 0.04 PPG pace. That is goon level production from a guy who doesn't fight. He plays hard and hits hard but it is not consistent enough. It definitely does not make enough of an impact that should mean he play in every single game. Acciari is a 4A player... a 13th forward type. There has been times this season where he's played 3rd line roles.... He rarely sits. He stays in while doing nothing while guys like Bjork, JFK, Donato, Cehlarik get very little chance to do anything or haven't even gotten a chance this season. They make a few mistakes, they sit. He doesn't do anything, but stays in.

He catches hate because he doesn't bring enough to the table, but seems like a mainstay in there.

Reactions: Strafer

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Don't mind grabbing Smith since no assets are given up. Hope people aren't expecting much from a bottom 6 guy released by a mid-pack team. Above average shot and speed. Average D at best. Below average everything else. Maybe more playing time will give him experience needed to improve. Hear he's a great practice player, seriously, so that should earn him a lot of TOI. Would be awesome if he is able to contribute more than 4 or 5 of the regulars who don't do a whole lot other than playing hard.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

was it in practice or game getting?

because he is not moving 360 direction quickly/reacting quickly in real time game action

like I stated it could be due to mediocre IQ that is contributing to the "lag"

since you watch alot of Providence games.... why hasn't Senyshyn able to excel this season ?

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

you know Josh Ho Sang can do this in practice as well

whatever the case is, these guys are not torching it down there/not doing enough to get a call up

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
I would give this kid a shot on a scoring line first. See if he can hit the ground running. I'd like to see what a speed infusion does up there.

Scoring is this team's #1 problem, right now. It's impossible to win any game when you put nothing up. Everything has to come after that at this point.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
you know Josh Ho Sang can do this in practice as well

whatever the case is, these guys are not torching it down there/not doing enough to get a call up

This is kind of funny.

You made a statement that was totally incorrect about Senyshyn’s speed. Just admit you were wrong instead of trying to deflect with all this other garbage.

Reactions: Chief Nine

BruinsNetwork

was it in practice or game getting?

because he is not moving 360 direction quickly/reacting quickly in real time game action

like I stated it could be due to mediocre IQ that is contributing to the "lag"

since you watch alot of Providence games.... why hasn't Senyshyn able to excel this season ?

In the middle of a game.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
I was really pumped thinking it was Giovani Smith and read the title (initially) as such. As with all Bruins, I'm hoping this works out but I'm not holding my breath too much.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
This is kind of funny.

You made a statement that was totally incorrect about Senyshyn’s speed. Just admit you were wrong instead of trying to deflect with all this other garbage.

He is not quick from standstill during real time play

If he is physically ...fine I admit I was wrong

Whatever the case is he is a step slow to react from what has been observed

Camjams

Jul 6, 2018
Saying he isn't offensively gifted is being kind. He has 2 assists in his last 84 games played. He's on pace for 3 points this season in 79 games. That's a 0.04 PPG pace. That is goon level production from a guy who doesn't fight. He plays hard and hits hard but it is not consistent enough. It definitely does not make enough of an impact that should mean he play in every single game. Acciari is a 4A player... a 13th forward type. There has been times this season where he's played 3rd line roles.... He rarely sits. He stays in while doing nothing while guys like Bjork, JFK, Donato, Cehlarik get very little chance to do anything or haven't even gotten a chance this season. They make a few mistakes, they sit. He doesn't do anything, but stays in.

He catches hate because he doesn't bring enough to the table, but seems like a mainstay in there.
Fair enough. However I don’t think Acciari is competing for ice time with Donato JFK or Bjork. He is a competing with Wagner Backes Kuraly and to a lesser extent Nordstrom. I’m my mind he has been as good or better than any of those guys. If you want to argue that the Bruins have way too many 4th liners I will certainly agree. I still don’t get why people single out Acciari.

JoeBeef15

Feb 6, 2012
Somerville, MA
I was really pumped thinking it was Giovani Smith and read the title (initially) as such. As with all Bruins, I'm hoping this works out but I'm not holding my breath too much.

Why would be pumped for him instead of his brother? He only has 2 assists in 19 games in the AHL? Serious question, thanks.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Why would be pumped for him instead of his brother? He only has 2 assists in 19 games in the AHL? Serious question, thanks.
He is four years younger and has more upside as a 20 year old pro rookie ( which is also way I should have clued in right away that he wasn't on waivers). He was projected by some to be a potential late first-rounder so there's just more upside there --so also a big, gritty winger --which is an organizational need.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad