Confirmed with Link: Gemel Smith - Waived by Boston 12/18

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Doesnt seem like Smith is only a 4th line calibre player

Looks like has hands for at least 3rd line duties

Also has world class skating speed and in your face forechecker

Wonder how he'd look with a guy like Senyshyn on the other wing. Imagine the speed those two could play with lol.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
So why did Dallas not want him ? Anyone know?
Hanzal coming back, and for some reason they think Ritchie is a better option. I don't agree, I liked Smith a lot, thought he was a good bottom 6 guy who scores on occasion. He got a solid chance last year, but under the new coach he's been overlooked. I think Smith will do well in Boston.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Why bother asking? There'll just be another torrent of discombobulated posts either way

I need to know. I fully expect Smith to score in his first game as a Bruin, and DonFather will be proclaiming him as the next great stud and probably praising Sweeney for a masterful pickup. Then he'll go a game or two without a point and we'll have to hear about how Smith needs to be waived.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Do we have a corresponding roster move yet?

edit- Looks like Clifton will be sent down, as he's no longer on the B's roster

Last edited:

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
Hope he hits,Wagner was one of only a few that does.

Does wagner really hit???

I mean if it really doesn't affect the play do you count it as a hit? He hits like he's playing against toddlers, sure their there but not very impactfull at all. I think Kuraly and Smiths speed with their forechecking ability will cause a lot more havoc and create more turnovers than Wagners love taps he delivers.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Does wagner really hit???

I mean if it really doesn't affect the play do you count it as a hit? He hits like he's playing against toddlers, sure their there but not very impactfull at all. I think Kuraly and Smiths speed with their forechecking ability will cause a lot more havoc and create more turnovers than Wagners love taps he delivers.
Wagner is by far the front runner on Boston in terms of hits.

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
You and I will be extremely happy with this kid. AND IF YOU AND I ARE HAPPY, EVERY ONE HERE WILL BE

Dom I always put 100% truse in what you post BUT it concerns me as to why he was replaced by a 7th defenseman in the Stars line up earlier in the season and why he only played 3 minutes last game against Nucks.. BUT if he can replace the Bruin who played 24 games with only 1 assist, YET has the worst +/- on team with a -7, tied with Donato and Krug has a -6..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad