TV: GDT. Game of thrones episode 2 discussion. Stay out of if you have not seen it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Same thoughts. They said it 3-4 times by different characters. I have no doubts that the Stark predecessors that are there come out to fight their ancestors.

Maybe Catelyn? Ned? Robb?

On another note: I’ve been thinking a lot about who Melisandre May bring back. Is it possible that she brings Tommen back? Maybe with some Red God powers of his own? I reckon if everyone else in the fam has some ‘specialness’ to them, the. Perhaps he does too and it’s helps them against the Night King.

Cat and Robb aren’t down there. Their bodies were dumped into the river after the Red Wedding.

Ned is in pieces if we go by the size of the box LF brought to Cat

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
Arya kills a room full of people with poison: YEAH ARYA THERE YOU GO
Arya has sex before she dies: I don't like this.

It’s not about not liking it. It’s about a momentary visceral reaction to someone having sexual relations, that has been imbedded in the minds of part of the collective conscious that still views her as the ‘minor’ character that they’ve known as a minor for so long.

I find it ironic that some react negatively to an understandably human reaction to an understandably human action.

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
Cat and Robb aren’t down there. Their bodies were dumped into the river after the Red Wedding.

Ned is in pieces if we go by the size of the box LF brought to Cat

I just assumed Cat and Robb were even afterwards.

Bran the builder down there?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I just assumed Cat and Robb were even afterwards.

Bran the builder down there?

No one loyal at that point to fish them out and send them north. It’s different in the book with Cat, but Robb’s body still never gets back (it’s also missing a head as they cut it off and sowed his wolf’s head on).

Idk if Bran is down there, but all the old King’s of Winter and their wolves are down there in tact.

Raises the question on whether a body can be too decomposed to raise.

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
I'm so confused over the arya scene, why are people having a problem over it

I don’t think it’s a lingering problem as much as it was a initially visceral awkwardness.

I think the reactions are being made out to be more than what they will be with time and contemplation.

Reactions: Wrigley

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
No one loyal at that point to fish them out and send them north. It’s different in the book with Cat, but Robb’s body still never gets back (it’s also missing a head as they cut it off and sowed his wolf’s head on).

Idk if Bran is down there, but all the old King’s of Winter and their wolves are down there in tact.

Raises the question on whether a body can be too decomposed to raise.

We’ve seen some pretty badly decomposed Whites so I wouldn’t be surprised to see some senior Starks. Also, the cold crypts of Winterfell may be a decent freezer of preservation.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Not comparable in Clark’s scene was a rape, while Arya’s was her character having all the agency.

Arya is 18. Maisie is 22. It was tastefully done. People need to get over it. It’s one of the reasons she was excited to do the scene. She is tired of everyone thinking she is still 12.

. People don’t have to get over anything, there is a clear consistent reaction. It was creepy but not like Clark’s scene - at least for me as I don’t care for that stuff. Rape or forced marriage is a bit different than this, no?

I don’t think you understand people’s reaction. Clark had already been nude on screen as well. If you want to compare this to rape, there is a better comparison

It’s great she wanted to do it and people support that. Not something I need to see again. I felt like I was watching my niece about to get it on - that is creepy! I actually had to turn away

Reactions: Wrigley

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
I have a feeling Jaime dies protecting Bran, hopefully near the very end, killing the Night King in the process. Complete redemption and the Kingslayer’s legacy comes full circle.

That would be a kind of full circle poetic justice.

member 151739

That's cool but somebody should probably mention the fact that the Night King has A DRAGON now anyways? Especially considering their plan? Like, as soon as Theon was like "don't worry, we'll protect Bran" somebody should've been like "oh btw he has a dragon, too."

They know he has a dragon. Bran mentioned it in the first episode to Dany.

Elvis P

Bullet train player
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Dany implied that someone was lying about Jon's ancestry.

I'm skeptical about them drinking pre-battle. Reflexes and reaction times are crucial in hand to hand. Speaking as a husband and father, I'm also skeptical about Sam's judgment. He could be useful inside protecting the families, but his skill and size won't help in a huge battle like this.

Question about the Lannister mercs and their gold. I thought when Dany attacked Jaime's army with the dragons that the gold to re-pay the Lannister debts to the World Bank was melted or lost. Am I wrong? Either way I think the winner with one dragon could beat the mercs.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
This episode had two things that I was not prepared for: an Arya sex scene and Brienne smiling.

Speaking of Brienne, she got her closure with Jaime by vouching for him and then being knighted by him. I have a feeling that she's going to die soon, likely alongside Tormund, who couldn't have the intimacy with her that he wanted, but may get to be with her in her and his final moment.

Elvis P

Bullet train player
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
... I have a feeling that she's going to die soon, likely alongside Tormund, who couldn't have the intimacy with her that he wanted, but may get to be with her in her and his final moment.
I think they're going to get married after the NK and Lannister wars.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
It’s really the only way they can do it. Army of the dead gets defeated in Episode 3 and then back to the battle for the iron throne in the last three episodes. Be kind of a letdown for it to be done so quickly, but I don’t see any other way. Unless the army of the dead storms right through Winterfell and on to kings landing

Another possibility is that, after a long battle, the good guys realize that they can't hold Winterfell and retreat south. Imagine the look on Cersei's face if they suddenly show up in King's Landing to ask for her help (again, but, this time, defeated and desperate).

So are Sansa and Theon going to be a couple?

They grew up together, so I think they're kind of like brother and sister... um... not that that's much of a roadblock on this show, but still. They seem like polar opposites: she's strong and he's timid. Hopefully, they don't pair them up because that would be an unlikely union just to have them each have someone. Not everyone on the show needs to find love before the end. That would go against the realism of the show, IMO. I want Sansa to grow up to be a cold old maid like Queen Elizabeth I.

These 'calm before the storm' sorts of stories work so much better when there's such a weight and history to each of the characters and their relationships.

One of the strengths of the television format.

Please inform the writers of Star Trek Discovery of this. Thanks.

Last edited:

Elvis P

Bullet train player
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
... They grew up together, so I think they're kind of like brother and sister... um... not that that's much of a roadblock on this show, but still. They seem like polar opposites: she's strong and he's timid. ...
Opposites attract. ;) He did help her escape from the sadist.

Elvis P

Bullet train player
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
I don’t think we saw the wight army either.
The wights are definitely a Tolkien influence. Before SW Episode IV: A New Hope, we were looked down on for reading comics, fantasy, and science fiction, but now our culture rules the world. ;)

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Also, seems kinda weird how Cersei is kinda being positioned as the last boss right now. The geography kinda demands the NK gets dealt with (or not) first, but it feels like they'll need to do something interesting in the next couple of episodes for whatever comes after all this stuff in the north to not feel anti-climactic. Really hope they don't just like... manage to beat the all-powerful evil that they've been building up since the beginning and then spend the last two episodes deciding who gets to sit in the dumb looking chair.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
Also willing to bet that Tyrion learned something important from Bran in their conversation. They cut away from all of it, but they made a special point to show him pull up a chair with Bran and hear his story. I doubt that was just to call back to the emotional good feel of Tyrion designing Bran's riding saddle.

I'm hoping we get to see Tyrion's intelligence on display. I'm glad they've acknowledged his mistakes on the show. They've had to make him dumber for plot purposes, but if he ends up being the strategist that wins this war, it would be a fitting end for his character.

Make

Apr 15, 2004
Finland
It just wouldn't feel right if the NK is dealt with in the next episode and then they're off to deal with Cersei. Like said, it would feel anti-climactic. I kind of wish NK hooks up with Cersei, even if that would be kind of extreme level of evil on Cersei's part. Then we could have the good guys defeat parts of the NK's army in Winterfell, yet have to fight again against the combined forces of NK & Cersei in the south. Or, the NK could surprise Cersei with ice dragon fire and take over her forces in the south.

I'm quite sure Jaime & Cersei aren't done yet, either, so I don't think Jaime is going to die yet. He needs to have a role in bringing down Cersei somehow.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I don't think Sansa and Theon will be a thing because I'm pretty sure he's going to die protecting Bran. He said his good byes to Yara last week, and it would be fitting for the guy who betrayed the Starks and took Winterfell to die trying to protect the Starks and Winterfell.

Reactions: Transplanted Caper

Make

Apr 15, 2004
Finland
I'm hoping we get to see Tyrion's intelligence on display. I'm glad they've acknowledged his mistakes on the show. They've had to make him dumber for plot purposes, but if he ends up being the strategist that wins this war, it would be a fitting end for his character.

I was pretty disappointed with this "I trusted Cersei, oops"-plot. Guy spends several seasons being suspicious of her every move yet is fooled by her right before the end? Am I missing something or is this not ridiculously stupid and out of character for Tyrion? :help:

Make

Apr 15, 2004
Finland
I don't think Sansa and Theon will be a thing because I'm pretty sure he's going to die protecting Bran. He said his good byes to Yara last week, and it would be fitting for the guy who betrayed the Starks and took Winterfell to die trying to protect the Starks and Winterfell.

Not to mention, isn't Theon "damaged" down there? I assume he can't have children, which would make a marriage kind of inconvenient. I think Theon is fine dying a hero's death defending someone like Bran. It would be a heck of a redemption considering his past misdeeds. Or, if he survives, he could become Sansa's steward, captain of guards or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad