TV: GDT. Game of thrones episode 2 discussion. Stay out of if you have not seen it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
She at least has a seedling of doubt to the truth of that. Still matters that she likes him and sees him for the man of honor and heroism that he is. I mean she said she loves him. Incestual connotations aside, that doesn't just melt away. Especially if she feels someone fooled Jon.

And beyond that she can only kill him by not helping him. If she's seen by anyone who survives this battle as having killed Jon Snow, she can kiss the North goodbye. I think every Northerner would rather be executed than bow to her after that.
She also admires Jon, that much was clear last season. She pretty quickly started asking him for advice and following him because she saw Jon as everything she wanted be.

Reactions: HanSolo

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Definitely a fair point and honestly this would be awesome to see if he did an end around like that. But do the WW know geography like that, with the cities, capitals, etc.?

I had said after the first episode I was surprised when Qyburn told Cersei about the Wall being breached and the WW coming through, there was no mention at all about Daenerys's third dragon being killed/turned. Even though Cersei made a point at the parley to wonder why only two were with Dany. You'd think if he knew or had heard about the Wall being breached he'd know how it happened and that the WW had a dragon now too.

It's fun to think about...but if he's obsessed about the 3-eyed raven he probably still makes some kind of strike at Bran directly....I dunno.
NK is probably has 3 eyes raven type of powers and would be able to see what lies to the south. Especially with the wall now down (maybe the wall would have prevented him seeing south until it came down)

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
Is Jon fireproof? Would the dragons attack him? What can kill him?

Are the Night King and the Lord of Light the same person? Are the guys rezed/raised by the Lord of Light rational, well preserved wights? Can the Night King control their minds if he's close enough to them? Only the Shadow knows. ;)

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
Could they have made Grey Worm's upcoming death more obvious?

They could have made him talk about the boat that the two would sail away called the "Live Forever".

It was definitely the biggest foreshadow of a death of the episode.

Regarding the Gendry/Arya debate, my only issue with it is that I found Gendrys reappearance last season to be a little far fetched, with Davos just popping out to pick him up and landing back in the story as a main character. It felt like fan service, but if you are going to do that, you may as well have the moment with Arya, who deserved some happiness and something good.

As for Daenerys, what ultimately is her flaw is that she has little love for the people of Westeros. She's been obsessed with conquest, and show's history is filled with examples of how that makes for bad leaders.

When she was in Essos, she at least had a bit of a mission. She was trying to destroy the slave trade, which is an honourable goal, but she largely failed in implementation.

She gained loyalty from a few Westeros regions, not due to inspiration, but only as those groups (Dorne, Martells, Greyjoys) needed allies in their own fights.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Also I'm surprised there hasn't really been any reaction to Bran throwing in the fact that the Night King has been trying to assassinate him with wargs.

What are the odds the Night King can warg into a human?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I can't stop thinking about the offscreen Bran/Tyrion talk. So much of this episode was spent talking about how intelligent Tyrion is, like he has to have some major part to play in the episodes ahead.

Also I'm surprised there hasn't really been any reaction to Bran throwing in the fact that the Night King has been trying to assassinate him with wargs.

What are the odds the Night King can warg into a human?
Pretty good since Bran warged into Hodor.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I like the idea of the Night King hitting King's Landing while his army is attacking Winterfell, but it got me wondering how he can kill so many people in order to turn them into wights. If he just burns them with dragon fire, there won't be anything left to reanimate

Is it confirmed to be fire that Viserion breathes though? Maybe it isn't.

I'm reading more and more about the NK Kings landing theory and thinking it has a lot of plausibility to it but a few things still stand out to me.

The biggest one being what happens to Cersei. I cant possibly see her just being killed by The Night King and that's it. She will die at the hands of Jaime or Tyrion almost definitely in my mind. So how does she escape it what happens to her.

The other thing is The NK cant be going south with any motives aside from wanting to add more people to his army. As to this point he hasn't done even one single thing to suggest he has any sort of political motives for his attack. He has to be going south simply because he knows Kings Landing has a million people and he wants to build his army even bigger.

It's a pretty crazy theory that has developed but it could easily be real because IMO it could easily play out within 1-2 episodes unlike a lot of other theories you see that are far too complex to play out in the 4 episodes remaining.

I also truly believe The NK is the true enemy of the show and has been since S1E1 when the opening scene focused on a Whitewalker attacking two members of The Nights Watch. So I just cant see The Battle of Winterfell ending with The NK dead and the living having won with 3 80 minute episodes still to play out.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
NK is probably has 3 eyes raven type of powers and would be able to see what lies to the south. Especially with the wall now down (maybe the wall would have prevented him seeing south until it came down)

That's true too, the supernatural element where we really don't understand what he or the WW can really do. I think he can also control the weather too right? Maybe cause a storm or deep freeze that kills everyone in KL....

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016

I'm reading more and more about the NK Kings landing theory and thinking it has a lot of plausibility to it but a few things still stand out to me.

The biggest one being what happens to Cersei. I cant possibly see her just being killed by The Night King and that's it. She will die at the hands of Jaime or Tyrion almost definitely in my mind. So how does she escape it what happens to her.

The other thing is The NK cant be going south with any motives aside from wanting to add more people to his army. As to this point he hasn't done even one single thing to suggest he has any sort of political motives for his attack. He has to be going south simply because he knows Kings Landing has a million people and he wants to build his army even bigger.

It's a pretty crazy theory that has developed but it could easily be real because IMO it could easily play out within 1-2 episodes unlike a lot of other theories you see that are far too complex to play out in the 4 episodes remaining.

I also truly believe The NK is the true enemy of the show and has been since S1E1 when the opening scene focused on a Whitewalker attacking two members of The Nights Watch. So I just cant see The Battle of Winterfell ending with The NK dead and the living having won with 3 80 minute episodes still to play out.

Whatever it was, it was enough to obliterate the Wall, so I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be anything left of a human body

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica

Tough to say when we know next to nothing about the Night King's motivations other than a desire for an endless night. I suppose it can also be said that he has some ill will towards the Children of the Forest and to a certain extent Bran. I guess he won't rest until all of the living are dead?

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Tough to say when we know next to nothing about the Night King's motivations other than a desire for an endless night. I suppose it can also be said that he has some ill will towards the Children of the Forest and to a certain extent Bran. I guess he won't rest until all of the living are dead?

The article I read the other day had a quote from the writer of last weeks episode and he claims the NK leaves his symbols as a mockery of the Children of the Forest because he hates them, essentially.

Like Satan and an upside cross was his example.

As we saw with Bran and the Three-Eyed Raven, the spiral pattern was sacred to the Children of the Forest, who created the Night King by sacrificing a captured man in a spiral “henge of stones.” The Night King then adopted the symbol as a sort of blasphemy, like Satan with the upside-down cross.

The 'Game of Thrones' Night King Spiral Mystery Has Officially Been Solved

Last edited:

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Is Jon fireproof? Would the dragons attack him? What can kill him?

Are the Night King and the Lord of Light the same person? Are the guys rezed/raised by the Lord of Light rational, well preserved wights? Can the Night King control their minds if he's close enough to them? Only the Shadow knows. ;)

Jon gets burned in Season 1, I believe. I think Dany is the only exception.

The Lord of Light has proven to be real and powerful, but it gets very little talk in the endgame. I think it could play a huge part.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Could Melissandre be a wildcard hero for the good side? She’s been MIA, has confirmed she will be back this season, and has exhibited that she can summon the Lord of Light

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016

I think they may have touched on the Night King's motives when Bran said he wanted an "endless night"

One possible meaning behind that is the Night King wants to die

He didn't choose to be the Night King, and he's been living in a frozen hell for thousands of years, so maybe he just wants it all to end

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Is there any chance we see Locke return as a wight in the Army of the Dead, or did they burn his body with the others?

The Hound

Oct 10, 2015
I think the Valonqar is Euron. Euron is by far the most depraved and untrustworthy character. He won’t settle for anyone having more authority than himself. He literally wants to be a God lol.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
One thing that has always, and is still bothering me, and I really think it was my turning point on the series, is the fact that Jon is a Zombie who was reincarnated by a witch....but that is just like, totally normal and nobody mentions it.

Jon should have died and stayed dead.

Or if they insisted on bringing him back, he should have been permanently changed. That they just brought him back as if nothing ever happened really cheapened the significance of it.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016

The Night King turns her and she becomes the Night Queen

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
I would have preferred the Stark Allies remained neutral, the NK and Dany destroy each other and their dragons, and then the Stark Allies take on Cersei. That's the story I'd like to see.

Teezax

Nov 25, 2002
Montreal
Can't see the Night King breaking out and heading to King's landing SOLO when he is fully aware that him dying is the end of all his army. He has 2 dragons and Bran to still deal with @ Winterfell.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I would have preferred the Stark Allies remained neutral, the NK and Dany destroy each other and their dragons, and then the Stark Allies take on Cersei. That's the story I'd like to see.
Well that just doesn't fit Jon's character at all. He's been leading the fight against the dead for years. Also the only reason Daenerys is even involved is Jon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad