TV: GDT. Game of thrones episode 2 discussion. Stay out of if you have not seen it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Also willing to bet that Tyrion learned something important from Bran in their conversation. They cut away from all of it, but they made a special point to show him pull up a chair with Bran and hear his story. I doubt that was just to call back to the emotional good feel of Tyrion designing Bran's riding saddle.

Reactions: Neutrinos

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
Also willing to bet that Tyrion learned something important from Bran in their conversation. They cut away from all of it, but they made a special point to show him pull up a chair with Bran and hear his story. I doubt that was just to call back to the emotional good feel of Tyrion designing Bran's riding saddle.
If true I’d suspect it’s Tyrion finding out the truth about the pregnancy. Which I don’t think is real.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
If true I’d suspect it’s Tyrion finding out the truth about the pregnancy. Which I don’t think is real.
What, Cersei's? I get the feeling an off camera truth bomb would probably be more profound than that. Even if Cersei isn't pregnant, what does it matter? I mean maybe makes it more okay for the audience to have one of these characters murder her.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
What, Cersei's? I get the feeling an off camera truth bomb would probably be more profound than that. Even if Cersei isn't pregnant, what does it matter? I mean maybe makes it more okay for the audience to have one of these characters murder her.
I think it matters for Tyrion and yes, good point about making it ok to murder her

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I'm so confused over the arya scene, why are people having a problem over it
I mean I get the angle that when we first saw her she was just a child but I mean. It was consensual and totally understandable for someone who'd never done it who knows they might die the next day. Was the nudity necessary? No, but from what I've read online, she was given full permission to decide how much she'd show in the scene and that's what she chose. So...I don't know. It doesn't really bother me. People grow up and most of them will have sex at one point or another. I didn't get hung up on it.

Also I'm of the opinion that slaughtering people and forcing a man, deplorable as he was, to eat his own children is far more distasteful than having end of the world sex.

Reactions: mjlee and Blender

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
I mean I get the angle that when we first saw her she was just a child but I mean. It was consensual and totally understandable for someone who'd never done it who knows they might die the next day. Was the nudity necessary? No, but from what I've read online, she was given full permission to decide how much she'd show in the scene and that's what she chose. So...I don't know. It doesn't really bother me. People grow up and most of them will have sex at one point or another. I didn't get hung up on it.

Also I'm of the opinion that slaughtering people and forcing a man, deplorable as he was, to eat his own children is far more distasteful than having end of the world sex.

Yeah so basically you aren't the type of person I'm asking, being that you dont have a problem.

Some people say cause she is like a little sister, what ever that even means, but what about Dany? I just dont see it and that's not even getting into the whole killing people is ok but side boob is bad angle

Elvis P

Revolution was a B side
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
I was slightly uncomfortable with Arya's scene, because I have a teenager at home. It's a natural part of human life though.

Dany really wants to be Queen of the Seven Kingdoms. She may just be ambitious and not bad, but after Jon talked to her I can see him being "accidentally" killed by dragon fire. I'm not calling her evil.

The Hound

Oct 10, 2015
Bran was great with Jainie , "how do you know there will be an after"
Breanne was amazing , she looked so freaking peoud.
Someone will die and come right back and someone will have to kill them.Like Sam gets killed and Jon will have to kill him again..
I have a bad feeling we will get our hearts ripped out next week.
I have a feeling Jaime dies protecting Bran, hopefully near the very end, killing the Night King in the process. Complete redemption and the Kingslayer’s legacy comes full circle.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Is it just me or is nobody really talking about the, uh, you know, zombie dragon? Isn't it just Tormund and co. who actually know about it at this point? Seems like something you'd bring up at your "we're all going to die" strategy meeting.

Reactions: Make

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Is it just me or is nobody really talking about the, uh, you know, zombie dragon? Isn't it just Tormund and co. who actually know about it at this point? Seems like something you'd bring up at your "we're all going to die" strategy meeting.

I am like 70% sure the Night King and the zombie dragon are not at Winterfell

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I am like 70% sure the Night King and the zombie dragon are not at Winterfell

That's cool but somebody should probably mention the fact that the Night King has A DRAGON now anyways? Especially considering their plan? Like, as soon as Theon was like "don't worry, we'll protect Bran" somebody should've been like "oh btw he has a dragon, too."

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
Great setup episode.

The whole ‘on the edge of a battle’ vibe was for me, akin to the prelude to the battles of Helm’s deep/Minas Tirith.

The calm before the storm.

It felt rushed however. I wished we could have lingered more in the reunions and soaking up some richer dialogue between the reunited cast. There was so much more depth that was lost and felt as if left on the cutting room floor.

I wish Jon and Dany’s scene was fleshed out better. It may still be going forward but it just felt like this huge payoff was not a payoff but yet another teaser.

Fantastic episode nonetheless. So many loose ends tied, however hastily.

And learning Pod’s secret with the brothel girls way back when was a ‘massive’ payoff in its own right.

Just so much to unpack. Just wish it was unpacked with more time and fully.

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
A scene that always stuck in mind as possible foreshadowing was when Theon asked Snow what to do, there was a Throne in the background with Theon looking down at Snow. The way the scene was shot seemed like a hint to something. A new theory I have is Sansa becomes Queen and marries Theon to unite the North.

Terrible theory. Theon and Sansa aren't a thing to start.

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
I don't know how many people demanded it, but the backlash from people like you shows how strange some people are when it comes to this subject.

It's okay for young men to get some and people always cheer them on when they do, but not for a young woman? I know for a fact people here rooted for Tommen. People need to start living in the 21st century. The actress herself also needed to do this scene so that people didn't see her as a child for the rest of her career. There will be more of them down the line.

The newsflash is that girls grow up into women and when some of them think they're going to die the next day not having had sex before, they want to have sex.

No. It was creepy. And that's been pretty much the majority reception of it. And it's just because she looks young, not because of her sex, but because how it was shown. If they filmed Tommen's scene the same fashion, I think it would be received similarly. A kiss, cut scene, waking up beside each other would have sufficed. Again, it wasn't that it happened that's the issue, it's how it was shot.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
That's cool but somebody should probably mention the fact that the Night King has A DRAGON now anyways? Especially considering their plan? Like, as soon as Theon was like "don't worry, we'll protect Bran" somebody should've been like "oh btw he has a dragon, too."

Bran told them last episode so we can assume they discussed it. It was kind of glossed over and never came up again which is a bit strange

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
They said the crypt was the safest place so many times that you just know it isn’t going to be safe.

Same thoughts. They said it 3-4 times by different characters. I have no doubts that the Stark predecessors that are there come out to fight their ancestors.

Maybe Catelyn? Ned? Robb?

On another note: I’ve been thinking a lot about who Melisandre May bring back. Is it possible that she brings Tommen back? Maybe with some Red God powers of his own? I reckon if everyone else in the fam has some ‘specialness’ to them, the. Perhaps he does too and it’s helps them against the Night King.

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
Jesus christ why is this such a problem? Year after year people complain about Sansa. When she was younger it was because she was too naive and bratty. Now that she's jaded and refuses to take **** from others after her 8 season development, much of it being a doormat for everyone else to walk over, it's a problem that she's grown up and still has flaws through her tortured upbringing.

I mean sure it was kind of annoying that she had an issue with feeding Dany's army, but beyond that it's like there's always something to complain about. She's serious and "wise" because that's what her upbringing made her. She grew up watching and being subjected to the worst the kingdom could throw at her and now she's cautious and is hesitant to trust others. That was the entire point of her character arc. She was held hostage, beaten, tortured physically and psychologically, repeatedly raped. It seriously blows my mind that people expect a character to come out of that cheery and quick to trust.

I swear it's like some people would rather they just have had Sansa sit in the background sewing for soldiers than have them try to do anything with her character. Like, characters have flaws. People have flaws. Even Jon was a brat and is a slave to honor. I don't know why people expect tv show characters to be these homogenized symbols of perfection, but for some reason Sansa in particular gets raked over the coals season after season and I really don't get it. Especially tonight. She was fine all around. She had reason to distrust Jamie but chose to keep faith in Brienne. She vouched for Tyrion despite recognizing the foolishness of his plan last seasson. She was right to have trepidations about Dany's plans after the Battle for Winterfell. Like what was so wrong with her tonight?

Stupid Sansa is now Cynical Sansa.

Progress?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Not even comparable. We didn’t watch Clark’s character as a child since the series started.

#2. Arya still looks like a child.

It was creepy but this show is good for shocking people.

Not comparable in Clark’s scene was a rape, while Arya’s was her character having all the agency.

Arya is 18. Maisie is 22. It was tastefully done. People need to get over it. It’s one of the reasons she was excited to do the scene. She is tired of everyone thinking she is still 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad