TV: GDT. Game of thrones episode 2 discussion. Stay out of if you have not seen it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
The Arya sex scene was ughhhh.. like watching your daughter have sex.

I laughed at how invested I am in these characters.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Why is it such a problem for you that he has a different opinion than you do? We could have fun and feel free to joke around, but some are so serious, assuming, and PC (Litn) and feel they have to write multiple paragraphs about why the other guy is wrong. It feels like the rightly killed Poly Board. The whole purpose of the board is for everyone to express their opinions. I don't like this post's survival chances. ;)

People are entitled to their opinion. If I think yours is wrong, if I think it's misogynistic, I will tell you so. It's not 1985 anymore and when girls become women, it is appropriate to show women acting the way that women want to act, with their own feelings and such. As for the politically correct line you dropped in there, it's far more politically correct to feel her sexuality is out of place in the context of the show. When a girl becomes a woman and has sex, doing something she wants to do on what she believes is her last night alive, your rather strange and outdated opinion is what's politically correct. Look in the mirror.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
The fact Dany is worried about the iron throne when the end of the world as they know it is imminent says it all. That's all she cares about.

To be fair it seems a lot of a characters aside from ofc Bran/Jon/Nights Watch think this. They dont seem to grasp the magnitude of the threat they are about to face.

Maybe its also bad writing because some of them are like "We came to defend Winterfell/The North" Its actually all of Westeros theyre defending because if they cant stop the White walkers there, the whole realm is screwed.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The knighting scene gave me a shiver. She finally felt respected.

Top ten scene in the whole show I thought.

I loved the episode as a whole, I thought it was much better than the first one this season. The show is going to change drastically after the next episode, it was a nice goodbye to what those characters were. They will change.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Psst ... you were strongly disagreeing with him, padawan. Your first word was Jesus. You missed the whole point. You can state your opinion without replying. It's called discussion, not debate. Have a good night, my retired mod good work is done here. :)
If you were a former mod you'd know there's nothing in the rules that says we can't debate each other. I'm allowed to take issue with another poster's opinion.

So no, your work isn't done. You can choose not to reply if you wish but your beliefs on the admissibility of disagreement are completely incorrect.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
Top ten scene in the whole show I thought.

I loved the episode as a whole, I thought it was much better than the first one this season. The show is going to change drastically after the next episode, it was a nice goodbye to what those characters were. They will change.
I think that point will be missed. It was a final chance to connect with some of these characters for the last time.

I was blown away with how many main characters were there during the meeting scene. So many different stories, different sets etc.

This is one of my fav episodes already

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Holy **** next week can’t come soon enough!! What an amazing episode to show all the different sides together getting along on what could be the last night of their lives. This episode will be looked at as one of the best years from now.
My new favorite

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I'm really glad they had the entire episode based in Winterfell and none of it in King's Landing. Jon's been hammering home the point that the only thing that matters right now is the war against the dead, which is true. Nothing Cersei or anyone in King's Landing could have done this episode would have been interesting.

Someone said it earlier, but the show hit the nail on the head with the way they portrayed a calm and relaxed episode with an anxious vibe to it. You know an un-winnable battle is coming the next day, but several characters grew in this episode.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Good tweet.

The response isn't as severe in this thread, but Twitter was ablaze with awfulness regarding Arya's sex scene.

The other tweets about how this was fan service to Arya's fans are perfect. I can see why someone would be uncomfortable, but there are a lot of people who watch this show and everyone deserves to get some of what they want.

And to make it more easy for some to digest, wouldn't everyone be more angry if they found out their daughter was a serial killer?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
The other tweets about how this was fan service to Arya's fans are perfect. I can see why someone would be uncomfortable, but there are a lot of people who watch this show and everyone deserves to get some of what they want.

And to make it more easy for some to digest, wouldn't everyone be more angry if they found out their daughter was a serial killer?
Arya kills a room full of people with poison: YEAH ARYA THERE YOU GO
Arya has sex before she dies: I don't like this.

member 151739

This scene was incredibly important to Arya's character. She's not a child anymore. I also read that Maisie Williams was in charge of how much she wanted to show, which is nice to know.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
This scene was incredibly important to Arya's character. She's not a child anymore. I also read that Maisie Williams was in charge of how much she wanted to show, which is nice to know.

I think the scene and romance are also very likely to be crucial to the ending of the show. It was an essential moment.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Bran was great with Jainie , "how do you know there will be an after"
Breanne was amazing , she looked so freaking peoud.
Someone will die and come right back and someone will have to kill them.Like Sam gets killed and Jon will have to kill him again..
I have a bad feeling we will get our hearts ripped out next week.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Also thought Kit's acting was terrific again. The guy felt genuinely destroyed by the information he had revealed to him.

Also where is Robyn Arryn? He's going to end up on the Iron Throne isn't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad