GDT: 2/3//05 NHL and PA meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
westcoast said:
Hockey aside, one reason I want the season back is to watch stupid Healy eat crow. Then hopefully get fired.

Your not the only one, I hated him as a player (for no particular reason, just never liked him) and he's even worse as an analyst...it's like he dosen't think before he speaks, how TSN can even employ someone like him, is beyond me, sports journalism/broadcasting is something i'd love to get into, Healy just made me realize how little work i'd have to put into it, to achieve that goal :shakehead

two out of three*

I know this post is off topic.. If anybody can make a few recommendations on how to keep the other teams shot total down on my EHM? Im getting shelled.

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
TiesRLikeWins4Us said:
I know this post is off topic.. If anybody can make a few recommendations on how to keep the other teams shot total down on my EHM? Im getting shelled.

I think you can change the settings in the options

Back on Topic: A meeting this long must mean a verdict is coming soon.

SJeasy

Feb 3, 2005
San Jose
I suspect they started the meeting by confirming that cancellation was imminent and that they are doing their best(?) to avoid that. They need to be credited with enough intelligence to realize that if the season is cancelled both sides will lose a lot. At this point in the process, personality should be out of it. After today, we onlookers will probably see just how strongly each side believed in its principles.

Juni

Mar 24, 2004
London, England
www.thechels.net
Try playing about with your individual player instructions (right click on their silhouette on the tactics screen) to get them to play man/zone (whatever suits you).

That, and your overall style. If you're being too defensive try and take the initiative.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
I came home expecting to see "Season Cancelled" or something similar...suprised there still meeting. Come on..keep meeting..the longer the better.

leaflover

Stanley Cup 2022
Mar 3, 2002
beautiful B.C
Visit site
SJeasy said:
After today, we onlookers will probably see just how strongly each side believed in its principles.
That sounds about right.Though i would be willing to bet both are firmly cemented in their respective stance.IMO only the eventual realization that the NHL cannot in its present form survive the lockout dragging into next season will there be the significant movement from both sides which is needed.The reason i say its needed is the NHL certainly cannot afford a repeat of this within the next 5-6 years.As big a toll as this lockout is taking,as of now it pales in comparison to another lockout/strike with this one still fresh in the minds of fans.

two out of three*

Maybe uh.. Gary and Bob were out of the meetings trying to find the box sets of Family Guy..

And they keep choosing the mystery box.. "it could even be a CBA deal, you know how much we wanted one of those Bob!"

WHARF1940

Jan 2, 2005
down in a hole
I firmly believe that we are in the middle of the 19 hour marathon, which, for the first time in this whole mess, has me praying for no news until tomorrow!

SharkGirl27

Jan 23, 2005
San Jose, CA
Hey guys, I am watching the news in Tampa and they just said something about coming up next in sports good news for hockey fans, and an NFL legend retires. Granted that could be the Lightning are planning to have another AHL game here or something small and stupid, but I will keep you posted when it comes back on.

Hemooli

Jan 25, 2005
www.csfbl.com
HABSoluteDMB11 said:
Hey guys, I am watching the news in Tampa and they just said something about coming up next in sports good news for hockey fans, and an NFL legend retires. Granted that could be the Lightning are planning to have another AHL game here or something small and stupid, but I will keep you posted when it comes back on.

They're probably just going to mention the fact that today's meeting has lasted this long.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
HABSoluteDMB11 said:

The good news likely being that the two sides are still meeting.

chaachie12

Mar 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
Visit site
HABSoluteDMB11 said:

Tampa, where all hockey news breaks first... :D

just kidding

Ice Cream Man

$1 Oysters
Aug 22, 2002
Visit site
HABSoluteDMB11 said:
Hey guys, I am watching the news in Tampa and they just said something about coming up next in sports good news for hockey fans

Prolly that they're still talking. Plus, I fail to see Tampa as the first place to find out 'good news' about anything hockey-related.

SharkGirl27

Jan 23, 2005
San Jose, CA
My bad, they said BAD news for hockey fans, and talked about the owner who said the season will be cancelled either tonight or tomorrow and said that the owners rejected the players latest offer today.

I didn't know the players made an offer?

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
HABSoluteDMB11 said:
My bad, they said BAD news for hockey fans, and talked about the owner who said the season will be cancelled either tonight or tomorrow and said that the owners rejected the players latest offer today.

that sounds like a false report to me.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
HABSoluteDMB11 said:

How do you confuse "bad" and "good"?

Tampa fans :help: (j/k) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad