GDT: 2/3//05 NHL and PA meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
HABSoluteDMB11 said:
My bad, they said BAD news for hockey fans, and talked about the owner who said the season will be cancelled either tonight or tomorrow and said that the owners rejected the players latest offer today.

I didn't know the players made an offer?

I'm watching the local news here in Tampa and I didnt hear any news station say the owners rejected an offer.

SharkGirl27

Jan 23, 2005
San Jose, CA
It was on the NBC station which ever that is.

Plus I'd like to add I am NOT a Tampa fan nor do I live in Tampa I am on vacation here, I'm a Canadiens fan.

As far as confusing bad for good, I have the radio on as well and I hear "News for hockey fans" and I guess I heard what I wanted to hear before it rather than what they really said.

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
OilerFan4Life said:
EJ Hradek said the season WOULD be cancelled. Not it has.

Once again (Look up 3-4 posts)

Tampa fans= :help: (j/k) :D

Well he's a Habs fan saying all the info so its not Tampa fans. ;)

And he said that the reporter said "the owners rejected an offer" I responded with saying that I didnt hear any of the news station say "the owners rejected an offer". The reporter did say that ESPN was reporting the season may be cancelled in the next day or two and I have read and heard that a few times today.

SharkGirl27

Jan 23, 2005
San Jose, CA
Hockeyfan02 said:
And he said that the reporter said "the owners rejected an offer" I responded with saying that I didnt hear any of the news station say "the owners rejected an offer". The reporter did say that ESPN was reporting the season may be cancelled in the next day or two and I have read and heard that a few times today.

The guy said the owners rejected the players latest offer today right after he talked about an owner requesting anonymity said the season will be cancelled tonight or tomorrow, he never made reference to ESPN or EJ Hradek. I don't live here but I am sure there is more than one news channel.

edit- I am not saying this report is true, I don't listen to anything that comes out of the US relating to hockey, I am just saying what I heard

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
Hockeyfan02 said:
Well he's a Habs fan saying all the info so its not Tampa fans. ;)

So its more like
OilerFan4Life= :help: :lol

chaachie12

Mar 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
Visit site
HABSoluteDMB11 said:
The guy said the owners rejected the players latest offer today right after he talked about an owner requesting anonymity said the season will be cancelled tonight or tomorrow, he never made reference to ESPN or EJ Hradek. I don't live here but I am sure there is more than one news channel.

It is the exact report that has been on the front page of ESPN all day. It is ESPN.com so I am sure it is a day or two old. Or at least the info is.

Are we still sure they are meeting, I mean we would have heard if they weren't right. I am sure TSN has someone at the Hotel just waiting, right?

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
nyr7andcounting said:
645 here in NY, are they still meeting or not?

I would say yes, no media outlet has stated otherwise. No news is Good news.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
They are still meeting. We will here when they aren't. Right now they have found a hotel that Ted Saskin was reportedly located at... hence meeting is there. So a few Canadian media people are camping out and waiting for the latest word on any news out.

Word is... well, there's no word. THIS IS GOOD NEWS

I've been listening to Fan 590 for over 3 hours now, and i'm about to shoot myself in the head over all this super bowl talk. Then again, i hope they keep talking about the spread because that means there is NO news on the lockout

EdBelfour20

Jan 19, 2004
This is getting intense, really down to the wire now.. I have a feeling the meeting won't end for another hour or so. Can't take it much longer :madfire:

VAN-HAB

Vancouver Habitant
Sep 3, 2003
West Kelowna
EdBelfour20 said:
This is getting intense, really down to the wire now.. I have a feeling the meeting won't end for another hour or so. Can't take it much longer :madfire:
I am with you....5 hrs so far...I am getting ready for a Leafs-Habs game already.

I guess I just lost my mind.

Madevilz

Nov 9, 2003
Montreal
well they know its the last chance before a season canceling
I guess they want to get out saying to themself that they tried their best

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
Howard Berger: "Meetings are still going on. No timetable for end of meetings" "It could be an all nighter"

Then Fan 590 writes it off as season cancelled... ooo i'm brooding to have the NHL come back....

Here we go children..... somebody order out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad