GDT: 2/3//05 NHL and PA meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
Son of Steinbrenner said:
A 28 game season plus playoffs is fine by me. To me the league needs a deal now so they don't lose next season as well.

I'm switching to brian burke now. :)

Updates please.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
He ended on a pessimistic note -- Basically, the urgency that the talks broke off after the announcement that they could go in to the night was cause for caution about the talks ending is bad news???

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
and then followed up that they could've just called it off for the night because they had become fatigued. He spent a few minutes before describing just how grueling a CBA talk is.

We don't know what went on. He doesn't know what went on. It's just speculation.

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
futurcorerock said:
He ended on a pessimistic note -- Basically, the urgency that the talks broke off after the announcement that they could go in to the night was cause for caution about the talks ending is bad news???
Not exactly.

The host asked him if that was a cause for concern and he didn't know but it was possible it was. Its not like burke brought it up the host brought it up.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
Son of Steinbrenner said:
Not exactly.

The host asked him if that was a cause for concern and he didn't know but it was possible it was. Its not like burke brought it up the host brought it up.
my mistake... i guess i was expecting him to jump into character?

Feb 28, 2002
Abbotsford, BC
Visit site
Burke said there wads a 25% chance of a season
Noted that the NHL went in with no arbitration, and now arbitration is back in
The NHL probably listened to the NHLPA's version of a workable CBA and why it works for the owners

Said there is a good possibility they cancel the season, but keep talking until they get a deal ready for 05/06

Gave Healy props and said he is a good source because he is very in with the Union.

that was what I got from the Interview.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Crazy Lunatic said:
I have a feeling the negotiations ended a LONG time ago, but since nobody even knows where they met it can not be confirmed. Let's just say they are still meeting though, can this be anything but good news? Two people cant just sit face to face and say "cap" "no cap" for 9 hours straight.

Why not? They spent the past few weeks in small groups doing just that from everything anyone other than the almighty Eklund have heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->