TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
HAWKSWINHAWKSWIN said:
This is deja vu all over again....

How so? Most of the past meetings have been:

1. Notably shorter.

or

2. Some representative from either side has come out to say how peeved they are at recent events.

or

3. The details are 'leaked' to the press to report on about how the NHLPA is outraged, or how some proposal is already shot down, etc.

This one seems to be quite a bit more intense and indepth then usual.

Madevilz

Nov 9, 2003
Montreal
the misery is ending soon, whether we have a season or not, at least we will know what to expect once this meeting is over. :speechles

CRAZY_FAN

Aug 26, 2002
Quebec
HABSoluteDMB11 said:
It's been just over 3 hour meeting if it started at 1:30 which TSN is reporting

2:30, 3:30, 4:40 + 20 minutes = 3hrs 20 min.
Yeah, the problem is that we just found that out, everyone was saying noon !

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
Madevilz said:
the misery is ending soon, whether we have a season or not, at least we will know what to expect once this meeting is over. :speechles

$10 says if they do cancel the season that this site will be a ghost town within a few weeks.

Jaysfanatic*

crossxcheck said:
$10 says if they do cancel the season that this site will be a ghost town within a few weeks.

With politics, and basketball, prospects, and other sports, not bloody likely.

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
Devilsfanatic said:
With politics, and basketball, prospects, and other sports, not bloody likely.

you're probably right, but this business of hockey forum sure won't be getting 500 people at once reading a thread!

HAWKSWINHAWKSWIN

Apr 5, 2002
The 49th parallel
Visit site
westcoast said:

1. Notably shorter..

Not really - if you look back , Linden met with HOtchkiss for more time than this meeting has gone so far

.[/QUOTE]or

2. Some representative from either side has come out to say how peeved they are at recent events..[/QUOTE]

Just give them a little time. It will happen.

.[/QUOTE]or

3. The details are 'leaked' to the press to report on about how the NHLPA is outraged, or how some proposal is already shot down, etc..[/QUOTE]

Since this will be the last meeting, there will be no leaking. This is true, but then again, ESPN is reporting "an anonymous owner" stating that the season will be cancelled.

.[/QUOTE]This one seems to be quite a bit more intense and indepth then usual.[/QUOTE]

Not sure about that since I am not in the meeting, and don't know what is going on in there. I hate to be a wet blanket, but meeting after meeting has come and gone with the exact same result - nothing close to an agreement. I would expect this one to be the same. No one has backed off as of yet, and I don't think anyone will. The players were told a long time ago to start saving money because there may not be any hockey for awhile. At the same time, the owners were building up their war chest. Both sides were anticipating a long strike, and I think that this is just the beginning.

Stay tuned for more of the same next fall when there is no hockey. :(

CRAZY_FAN

Aug 26, 2002
Quebec
westcoast said:

1. Notably shorter.

or

2. Some representative from either side has come out to say how peeved they are at recent events.

or

3. The details are 'leaked' to the press to report on about how the NHLPA is outraged, or how some proposal is already shot down, etc.

Agreed, the other meetings where shorter and the NHLPA or NHL was quickly saying that the discussion was useless...

CRAZY_FAN

Aug 26, 2002
Quebec
crossxcheck said:
you're probably right, but this business of hockey forum sure won't be getting 500 people at once reading a thread!
This sure is a peak, like at the trade deadline !

davidwii

Jan 20, 2005
417 TO MTL said:
It's eerily quiet right now...

I'll second that....but thats a good thing. This is the first meeting so far where there hasn't been something about it leaked or noticed or whatever.....

B-MEL

Mar 25, 2002
La Habra, CA
Visit site
With So many Damn Reality TV shows, this would been one, that I would love to be on Live TV.

Can you imagine if Bob and Gary were forced to really negotiate!!!

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
HAWKSWINHAWKSWIN said:
Not really - if you look back , Linden met with HOtchkiss for more time than this meeting has gone so far

or

2. Some representative from either side has come out to say how peeved they are at recent events..

Just give them a little time. It will happen.

or

3. The details are 'leaked' to the press to report on about how the NHLPA is outraged, or how some proposal is already shot down, etc..

Since this will be the last meeting, there will be no leaking. This is true, but then again, ESPN is reporting "an anonymous owner" stating that the season will be cancelled.

Not sure about that since I am not in the meeting, and don't know what is going on in there. I hate to be a wet blanket, but meeting after meeting has come and gone with the exact same result - nothing close to an agreement. I would expect this one to be the same. No one has backed off as of yet, and I don't think anyone will. The players were told a long time ago to start saving money because there may not be any hockey for awhile. At the same time, the owners were building up their war chest. Both sides were anticipating a long strike, and I think that this is just the beginning.

Stay tuned for more of the same next fall when there is no hockey. :(

Your entire point seems to be: "This meeting isn't like the other meetings yet, but just wait." :dunno:

That's the whole point, every other meeting has not gone this long without any word of what is going on inside. Even the Linden/Hotchkiss meeting there was word prior to it ending regarding this results. This one the media outlets are completely silent on. So you say "just wait, it will come.", I'm saying the longer we are waiting prior to any sort of leak or comment the better it is.

You just seem to be looking for reasons to be pessimistic, when really, nothing has happened in regards to this meeting as of yet to increase your level of pessimism really. I agree there is the possibility nothing comes of this and we are right back to square one, but there hasn't been any signs to indicate that yet, whereas all the other meetings have gone downhill rather quickly and publicly.

VAN-HAB

Vancouver Habitant
Sep 3, 2003
West Kelowna
Travelin Man said:
With So many Damn Reality TV shows, this would been one, that I would love to be on Live TV.

Can you imagine if Bob and Gary were forced to really negotiate!!!
Never thought of that but yes that would have been a really cool reality show :handclap:

Jaysfanatic*

crossxcheck said:

I'll drink to that :cheers:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
If there is a season, how about "What I would have done differently in the CBA" or "Looking ahead to 2009 lockout" or "Now that the CBA is done, how long before Bettman/Goodenow is fired" or "Under this new CBA, which teams are the most likely to fold"? :)

X-SHARKIE

Not saying go wild, but it's intriguing to see that they have been locked up for over 5 hours.

With Goodenow and Bettman in the same room for that amount of time with no new proposal to outline, this is good news at the least.

Anyone know if a location has been anounced yet?

I'm crossing my fingers that by the time I get home tonight from my hockey game...The TSN ticker says.

"Meetings over, talks scheduled for tomrow" and bob and Gary keep shut and say that they will engage in more talks tomorow :)

I think that's the best thing that could happen today.

Believe it or not! i'm still optimistic.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
I hear you there... theres too much silence...

something is going on.

Maybe since they are in NYC they went ahead and picked up a few prostitutes?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
X-SHARKIE said:
Not saying go wild, but it's intriguing to see that they have been locked up for over 5 hours.

With Goodenow and Bettman in the same room for that amount of time with no new proposal to outline, this is good news at the least.

Anyone know if a location has been anounced yet?

I'm crossing my fingers that by the time I get home tonight from my hockey game...The TSN ticker says.

"Meetings over, talks scheduled for tomrow" and bob and Gary keep shut and say that they will engage in more talks tomorow :)

I think that's the best thing that could happen today.

Believe it or not! i'm still optimistic.

Although I have no doubt this will get settled, i'm hoping for a "deal in principle" announcement to take place, I just don't want to read what other stupid theories for cancelling the season people will make up if they announce that they're meeting again tomorrow, not to mention it will be one more day of hearing Glenn Healy spout off about Doomsday...

My guess is that they'll be meeting well into the evening...

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
futurcorerock said:

something is going on.

or a few STD's :eek:

But your right, something is going, and it's not an announcement for cancellation like some said :shakehead

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
417 TO MTL said:
Although I have no doubt this will get settled, i'm hoping for a "deal in principle" announcement to take place, I just don't want to read what other stupid theories for cancelling the season people will make up if they announce that they're meeting again tomorrow, not to mention it will be one more day of hearing Glenn Healy spout off about Doomsday...

My guess is that they'll be meeting well into the evening...

Hockey aside, one reason I want the season back is to watch stupid Healy eat crow. Then hopefully get fired.

Jaysfanatic*

futurcorerock said:

something is going on.

Bob and Gary ARE the prostitutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad