Rumor: Garrioch - Anaheim Ducks to be extremely active this deadline

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Most likely, the Ducks will end up doing nothing of substance. I'd be very doubtful they'll take on any bad contracts for multiple seasons. Getzlaf isn't going anywhere unless he chooses to. A lot of other guys have NTC's of some kind. They don't have a lot of UFA's.

Much more likely to get something done in late June, but even that's unlikely. The hard cap does not make for excitement on the trade market. I'm sure more GMs would love to do more things, but it's usually dollar in, dollar out. Nobody wants to give up the productive ELC guy. If teams give up the quality 25 year old, it's only for productive ELC guys. Then if you're in your late 20's, and even worse inching into your 30's, and you have more than 1 year left on your deal, you almost have zero value. Maybe if you're 26 or 27 you still have something to give.

I'd say maybe Holzer could have value due to him being a RHD, but he's never had value. Del Zotto, but again, is a late round pick extremely active?

Reactions: darkwingduck

brokenblade1990

Feb 27, 2019
I don't see rakell being worth more than j. T miller a first and second should get it done lindholm probably two firsts and atleast a b prospect or

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
It's hard to gauge value of certain players specifically Rekall. I broke the trade down as:

part 1
Jost
Byram
Grubs
For
Gibson

Part 2
Zadorov
Kaut
2021 second
for
Lindholm

Part 3
2020 first
Greer
Cole
for
Rakell
Part 1 ain't that bad, depending on how high you are on Byram.
Part 2 would be beat quite easily on the market. Zadorov is RFA, but has arbitration rights and could bail to mother Russia. Kaut hasn't progressed as expected of a 16overall pick. Most likely a late 2nd... I can see other team giving up 1st, B+ prospect, roster player. Pretty much what you're giving but a 2020 first instead of a 2021 second.
Part 3 is bad. First, I think Cole is a guy you should keep as depth for the playoff. Greer can't stick in the nhl. His ceiling is probably a 3rd liner and he might very well not reach it. So, late 1st + bottom pairing D + AHLer with little potential VS young top 6 winger signed to an amazing deal for 2.5 years... bad

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Manson + 2020 2nd (ANI) for Dermott + Johnsson + Bracco + 2020 2nd (TOR)

4 loonies for a $10 bill.

Anaheim doesn't need Bracco or to swap 2nd rounders. So it's Dermott and a middle 6 guy for a top pairing physical defender. That won't fly.

I don't like doing a comparison like this. But would Silfverberg and a young hopeful top 4D get the conversation started for Rielly? Clearly not.

Reactions: Getz2noone

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I think your looking at 1st + Addison + for rakell tbh.

Boy...that would be tough. If it's 1st and Addison, I'd want it to be a slightly larger deal and get another piece.

1st+Addison+Riikola+choice of Galchenyuk/Bjugstad

for

Rakell+Kase

Bjugstad can be a wing or center and is signed through next year if you want the roster player or Galchenyuk if you want a flippable asset or someone to expire...or hell, maybe he gets resigned cheap.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I don't see rakell being worth more than j. T miller a first and second should get it done lindholm probably two firsts and atleast a b prospect or
I would think rakell is a bit more expensive than JT Miller tbh... signed 2.5 years at almost 2 mil cheaper.... not to mention the lightning were in a bad space where they really kinda had to move Miller... ducks arnt in that position.

Miller has never been a 30 goal guy... rakell has 2 30 goal seasons.

Vancouver did good in the trade all things considered with how Miller is playing this year... id imagine when the trade was made no one was expecting him to put up the type of #'s he is right now.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Part 2 would be beat quite easily on the market. Zadorov is RFA, but has arbitration rights and could bail to mother Russia. Kaut hasn't progressed as expected of a 16overall pick. Most likely a late 2nd... I can see other team giving up 1st, B+ prospect, roster player. Pretty much what you're giving but a 2020 first instead of a 2021 second.
Part 3 is bad. First, I think Cole is a guy you should keep as depth for the playoff. Greer can't stick in the nhl. His ceiling is probably a 3rd liner and he might very well not reach it. So, late 1st + bottom pairing D + AHLer with little potential VS young top 6 winger signed to an amazing deal for 2.5 years... bad

Colorado isn't adding a #3 overall pick to their starting goalie to upgrade grubauer to Gibson. That's ridiculous. The difference isn't that much at all. Colorado will be just fine going with grub + francouz. That would just be terrible asset management by Colorado. And you better believe ur ass anaheim would accept that if they are planning on rebuilding.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Colorado isn't adding a #3 overall pick to their starting goalie to upgrade grubauer to Gibson. That's ridiculous. The difference isn't that much at all. Colorado will be just fine going with grub + francouz. That would just be terrible asset management by Colorado. And you better believe ur ass anaheim would accept that if they are planning on rebuilding.

I usually think it's ridiculous too, but Gibson is a franchise guy.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
I usually think it's ridiculous too, but Gibson is a franchise guy.

I mean, Colorado has 2 goalies with better stats than him. Sure, Gibson's stats would be better than his current 906 on a better team, but how much better? Does him going up to a 920 or 925 warrant giving up a potential top pairing dman when you all ready have goalies with 924 and 910 save percentage?

Grub+ for Gibson makes sense, but not adding a #3 pick. That's silly talk.

Reactions: DarthProbert

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta

Thanks for the breakdown, I had a hard time gauging Rakell's value

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa
#1 - Ottawa Trade
Gibson, Sprong
for
Lowest of 1st Round Picks, Logan Brown, Filip Guvstafsson

#2 - Devils Trade
Henrique, Guhle
for
Subban, 2nd Round Pick

#3 - Blue Jackets Trade
Rakell, Del Zotto
for
Anderson, 1st

#4 - Boston Trade
Lauzon
for
Miller, Grant

#5 - Flames Trade
Bennett
for
Kase

That Sens trade just made me vomit.

Reactions: SensontheRush

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Anaheim is going to swindle Vancouver out of one of their better prospects to take Loui eriksson.
Doubtful. Bo has played his best hockey the last year with him and Tanner. At this point he's already passed Schaller, and once Ferland is back, Motte prolly sits. The hate for LE has been kind of silly imo, TG refused to give him a role that really played to his strengths even tho he showed well with Bo last season. Sure he's not worth 6 mill but at 3 mill nobody would complain. Everyone complains about him and Sutter, yet arguably the team has played its best hockey with him in Oct and the last few games, while LE has been a big part in what has become a great shutdown line that is also providing a ton of secondary scoring. Every team has a few bloated contracts, at least ours our helping the team.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Woo is a really unique prospect. I would be loathe to give him up but that Eriksson contract is an absolute killer for a team in the Canucks situation. It is possible that they have an understanding with him that he will go back to Sweden or retire after his bonus is paid out this summer (god, I hope so!) in which case you don't move him but otherwise the Canucks are going to have to do something very unpleasant to free up that cap space.
That's just not true. There are several ways to keep Tanev and Marky without pulling a Dubas. Stech Schaller, Leivo opens 6 mill right there. Unless you expect JB to be looking at adding a top UFA this summer, there is no need to panic and give away a prospect. Base can also be bought out and beagle or Sutter could be moved, might have to retain a bit but if JB has his sights on someone maybe he does that.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
BM has shown a ton of interest in Bennett in the past. I know its hard to give up Kase's offensive potential since we are a horrid offensive team, but Bennett can be a Marchand type of player and you can't deny his level of effort and physicality. On the right team and opportunity he should be able to get a few 20 goal seasons.

Do you think this is the right team? This team is one of the worst scoring teams in the entire NHL. Bennett serves no purpose than what we already have. What Anaheim needs is a bonafide sniper. Or another Getzlaf who’s a play maker / goal scorer. Not a struggling winger. This entire team already has a boat load of em.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
For the record Rakell mostly plays LW... but he is a right shot.

On a team like boston… I think rakell would be much more productive than hes been in the black hole of offense we call Anaheim.

LOL! You’re being generous only calling it a black hole. I call it straight ass

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
how does this make sense for the Bruins ? DeBrusk is younger cheaper and is on his way to another 27 goal season and you want to add on top of it . Please !

I don't see it either. Robbing Peter to pay Paul. DeBrusk is going to be a 30/30 winger for a long time IMO.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
I don't see it either. Robbing Peter to pay Paul. DeBrusk is going to be a 30/30 winger for a long time IMO.

You guys are always open to moving your first in numerous trade threads. Both Sharks, Kings threads. Give Anaheim a realistic trade idea of acquiring it.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
I’d be interested in seeing if we can pick up Devin Shore as a 3c option for chump change. He isn’t really doing well at all this year, any Ducks fans want to get into why?

Would something like Manning + 4th be enough to take a flyer on him?

Shore has not been given any sort of opportunity this season. I feel like the organization thinks he's basically at his peak and that that isn't worth providing opportunities for the kids.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
You like pretty high on Byram. I thon he'll be good too. Will he play up To hit draft position? I doubt it a little...

I think you underestimate Gibson or overestimate Grubauer. There's a significant gap imo. Keep in mind the team in front of them...

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
You like pretty high on Byram. I thon he'll be good too. Will he play up To hit draft position? I doubt it a little...

I think you underestimate Gibson or overestimate Grubauer. There's a significant gap imo. Keep in mind the team in front of them...

Regardless of what you or I think about how good Byram will be, he is a 3rd overall pick from 6 months ago and could fetch significant better value in a trade than a goalie upgrade of this sort. When was the last time a pretty decent goalie + a super high recent pick was traded for a goalie upgrade? It's not like Colorado is treading water due to poor goaltending. They have 2 very capable goalies. Why throw away a top pick for a potential upgrade?

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
Yeah, I dont see them making a trade like that during season (maybe after lottery). I am just being hopeful that this is the type of return that Murray is seeking if he does trade his top players. Ducks might have to include a 2nd rounder and/or prospect. Ottawa wants to get out of being in the gutter and with 2 firsts, possibly getting Lafreniere, they might be aggressive since they have some great young talent ready to take their team to another level.

Trading one of these 1st would just decrease their chances at getting Lafrenière, so a 2nd rounder doesn't change the fact that this isn't appealing for Ottawa. And even at the draft, I can't see them paying that much for a #1 goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad