Rumor: Garrioch - Anaheim Ducks to be extremely active this deadline

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
MDZ plays both sides pretty comfortably... but I think hes more of a bottom pairing/7th guy.

I think wed just try to get a 6th like last year.

I appreciate the response, and that's exactly what I was hoping to hear! A 6th rounder for MDZ is a perfect safe move to make for Toronto.

With Rielly out for a while longer, DelZotto could play on the left side filling an important hole. When Rielly returns, then he's competition for Ceci on the 3rd pairing. I'd make a guess that Keefe would put DelZotto in more than half the time if it comes down to those 2 guys.

Plus someone like DelZotto, an experienced Cup champ last season, would be great depth to have in a playoff series. Low key move heading down the stretch if they can't land a bigger fish.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I appreciate the response, and that's exactly what I was hoping to hear! A 6th rounder for MDZ is a perfect safe move to make for Toronto.

With Rielly out for a while longer, DelZotto could play on the left side filling an important hole. When Rielly returns, then he's competition for Ceci on the 3rd pairing. I'd make a guess that Keefe would put DelZotto in more than half the time if it comes down to those 2 guys.

Plus someone like DelZotto, an experienced Cup champ last season, would be great depth to have in a playoff series. Low key move heading down the stretch if they can't land a bigger fish.
I think MDZ is a good pick up for the leafs as a depth guy(not as a everyday difference maker).. but as a back up plan if the young guys struggle or you face some injuries. I thin you guys have what 6 picks in the last 2 rounds... prob worth investing 1 of the picks in a guy like mdz or holzer.

Reactions: qqaz

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Would Rakell be available? If so, then how about a trade to Boston for Jake Debrusk (and perhaps a small add from the Bruins)?

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
I think MDZ is a good pick up for the leafs as a depth guy(not as a everyday difference maker).. but as a back up plan if the young guys struggle or you face some injuries. I thin you guys have what 6 picks in the last 2 rounds... prob worth investing 1 of the picks in a guy like mdz or holzer.

My thoughts exactly. Depth for the playoffs is a huge deal. So if you can't get a big fish that pushes everyone else down the depth chart (thereby creating depth), then you at least need to add someone further down.

We're seeing now that an injury or two to the blueline can neuter this team. So get some depth if you can.

Any way the Ducks would throw in Anthony Stolarz? I'll up the pick to a 5th?

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Um... well

you managed to make the team extremely bad... but I guess at least you got a 1st out of it.

Was thinking about adding a 6th trade:

6 - Tampa
Hampus
for
Foote Bros., best of their 2 1st round picks, conditional 2nd (if they make the finals)

Yes, bad now, but hopefully a faster rebuild.

d0rkwing

Jan 2, 2020
I don't really want to turn this into a Manson to Toronto thread but imo

Bracco doesn't do much for us, so I don't see much if any value for us in him.
Ceci is a cap dump, and a - for us. I also think you could argue Bracco being packaged to take Ceci remaining cap.

So your proposal is basically Manson for Liljergren, I think its a pretty easy pass for Anaheim, as I think other teams will easily out bid that(see the hurricanes right above you)
Dude you gotta drop the first R in Liljegren.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
My thoughts exactly. Depth for the playoffs is a huge deal. So if you can't get a big fish that pushes everyone else down the depth chart (thereby creating depth), then you at least need to add someone further down.

We're seeing now that an injury or two to the blueline can neuter this team. So get some depth if you can.

Any way the Ducks would throw in Anthony Stolarz? I'll up the pick to a 5th?
Im going to be honest, I forgot we had stolarz.

I wouldn't be opposed to it, assuming we can bring up Ericksson-ek from ECHL(not sure how that works tbh)… as san diego is likely going to be a playoff team so I think we need to make sure they have suitable players.

Or you know we can just go crazy and say
Deslauries Stolarz MDZ
for
Ceci 4th 6th

Deslauries gives them some physicality, plus you free up some cap space to potentially make a move for another dmen that is beter than ceci. Idk the pick value in a trade like that tbh.

Reactions: qqaz

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
So our goaltending tandem next season if we don’t sign one is Gus and Kevin Boyle. Can’t wait to buy season tickets for that one.....:huh:

Well, with the way Gibby has been playing the past 2 years... he isnt going to battle and turn it around by himself. He really been going through the motions. He is like Price, and needs to be on a better team to motivate him. I'm confident that the ducks would get the most out of a Guvstafsson / Stolarz combo, or via a free agent signing. Our team has some luck with developing goalies.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
To Col
Lindholm (~$5.2milx3)
Rakell (~$3.8milx3)
Gibson (~$6.4milx7)

To Ana
2020 first
2021 second
Byram
Kaut
Grubauer (~$3.3milx2)
Zadorov (~$3.2x1 RFA)
Cole (~$4.3milx2)
Jost (~$0.89milx1 RFA)
Greer

I know likely to many moving parts and definitely on the very unlikely side, but in terms of value is it close?

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
To Col
Lindholm (~$5.2milx3)
Rakell (~$3.8milx3)
Gibson (~$6.4milx7)

To Ana
2020 first
2021 second
Byram
Kaut
Grubauer (~$3.3milx2)
Zadorov (~$3.2x1 RFA)
Cole (~$4.3milx2)
Jost (~$0.89milx1 RFA)
Greer

I know likely to many moving parts and definitely on the very unlikely side, but in terms of value is it close?

It's horrid beyond belief.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
I really can't see Ottawa going for it. Maybe if they trade for another 1st, but if they really want a goalie, they will wait to see where these 1st land and trade one at the draft (or just draft Askarov, who is a much better fit age-wise).

They have 2 great 1st right now, no way they take that risk. If they both land in the top-3, or if San Jose land in the top-3, Ottawa's 1st will probably be top-5. I know Gibson is good, but that's the kind of trade that you do if you think you are 1 great goalie from the playoff, and Ottawa aren't.

Yeah, I dont see them making a trade like that during season (maybe after lottery). I am just being hopeful that this is the type of return that Murray is seeking if he does trade his top players. Ducks might have to include a 2nd rounder and/or prospect. Ottawa wants to get out of being in the gutter and with 2 firsts, possibly getting Lafreniere, they might be aggressive since they have some great young talent ready to take their team to another level.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I’d be interested in seeing if we can pick up Devin Shore as a 3c option for chump change. He isn’t really doing well at all this year, any Ducks fans want to get into why?

Would something like Manning + 4th be enough to take a flyer on him?

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Would Rakell be available? If so, then how about a trade to Boston for Jake Debrusk (and perhaps a small add from the Bruins)?
how does this make sense for the Bruins ? DeBrusk is younger cheaper and is on his way to another 27 goal season and you want to add on top of it . Please !

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
#4 isn't bad for the Ducks. Lauzon is an NHL ready D prospect who projects to be a solid, physical shutdown guy. That's no worse than getting a couple mid round picks for those two rentals, and I'd hope we could turn around and sign Grant back this summer.

Lauzon is likely ahead of any of our current D prospects in terms of being ready to step in and play some steady minutes. Your rebuttal will be that you think this draft is amazing and that mid round picks are better than prospects that other teams are willing to part with, but the fact is that even in the strongest of drafts, the mid round picks we could obtain for our rental players would statistically have a very low chance of reaching the point Lauzon is at now.

If you watch Lauzon play, he is pretty underrated. He would definitely be above Larsson/Guhle.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I’d be interested in seeing if we can pick up Devin Shore as a 3c option for chump change. He isn’t really doing well at all this year, any Ducks fans want to get into why?

Would something like Manning + 4th be enough to take a flyer on him?
Id prob do it(manning is expiring correct?)

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Lauzon doesn’t tickle my fancy. I can definitely see someone offering better than Lauzon for that combo. And to the number 5 trade?

Why are we trading Kase for a struggling winger on a playoff bound Calgary team? Please explain that to me. I’ll get better value elsewhere with Kase being available.

I know you didn’t mention 5. But that 5 spot is god awful

BM has shown a ton of interest in Bennett in the past. I know its hard to give up Kase's offensive potential since we are a horrid offensive team, but Bennett can be a Marchand type of player and you can't deny his level of effort and physicality. On the right team and opportunity he should be able to get a few 20 goal seasons.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
how does this make sense for the Bruins ? DeBrusk is younger cheaper and is on his way to another 27 goal season and you want to add on top of it . Please !

Boston needs another top-six right-shot RW and has enough talented LWs on the team and in the system (Marchand, Bjork, Heinen and Lauko). Anaheim is thin at LW, no? Rakell is a few years older, but more proven. Talent-wise, it's almost a wash between he and Debrusk.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Im assuming people are some what afraid of what debrusks next contract is going to look like, itll likely be around same price of rakell.

Rakell is a 60-70 point player on a decent team. debrusk is prob a 40-50 point player.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Boston needs another top-six right-shot RW and has enough talented LWs on the team and in the system (Marchand, Bjork, Heinen and Lauko). Anaheim is thin at LW, no? Rakell is a few years older, but more proven. Talent-wise, it's almost a wash between he and Debrusk.
For the record Rakell mostly plays LW... but he is a right shot.

On a team like boston… I think rakell would be much more productive than hes been in the black hole of offense we call Anaheim.

Reactions: Estlin

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
I was trying to figure out how that was broken down into 3 separate trades... and ya lol that is a rough 1

It's hard to gauge value of certain players specifically Rekall. I broke the trade down as:

part 1
Jost
Byram
Grubs
For
Gibson

Part 2
Zadorov
Kaut
2021 second
for
Lindholm