Rumor: Garrioch - Anaheim Ducks to be extremely active this deadline

d0rkwing

Jan 2, 2020
None of their most attractive pieces are on expiring contracts though, and most are signed for a considerable length of time. Doesn't seem like it's set up well for them to have a fire sale.
Pretty much this. Feels like if any major moves of core players will be made, it’ll be at the draft.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
For the record Rakell mostly plays LW... but he is a right shot.

On a team like boston… I think rakell would be much more productive than hes been in the black hole of offense we call Anaheim.

I didn't realize that Rakell was mostly a LW. Is he just as effective as a RW?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I didn't realize that Rakell was mostly a LW. Is he just as effective as a RW?
I dont recall him really ever being used there, so couldnt really give you an honest answer.

But i really dont see how it would be an issue

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
I dont recall him really ever being used there, so couldnt really give you an honest answer.

But i really dont see how it would be an issue

Thanks. The discussion of Anaheim moving Rakell is probably moot, anyway, because I imagine that he's a core player for the Ducks. He would nevertheless be a prime target for Boston to address its longstanding need for a second-line RW, and Debrusk would, I think, be the basis of a good offer from the Bruins.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Pretty much this. Feels like if any major moves of core players will be made, it’ll be at the draft.

With Holzer and Del Zotto, Grant, and Deslaurier. Also Kevin Boyle goalie UFA. I only see Murray whiffing again and doing minor deals. And as much as I hope that’s the opposite? It’s really typical and depressing come February.

Bargain bin bob is his nick name for a reason. It just sucks every deadline with this dude at the helm.

Reactions: d0rkwing

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
With Holzer and Del Zotto, Grant, and Deslaurier. Also Kevin Boyle goalie UFA. I only see Murray whiffing again and doing minor deals. And as much as I hope that’s the opposite? It’s really typical and depressing come February.

Bargain bin bob is his nick name for a reason. It just sucks every deadline with this dude at the helm.

Yeah I can't see more than a late round pick for any of those guys.

They'll have to dangle a Manson type if they want to make a big move.

If they are going to move someone like that they might get a better deal now than in the summer.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
They already tried when sakic offered landeskog for an unsigned lindholm couple years back
Didnt mean for this to be a reply. My apologies.

Would Anaheim do a deal like this for manson ?

To Anaheim
Liljegren
Kapanen
2020 or 2021 first (whichever Carolina doesn't end up with).

To Toronto
Manson

It solves Torontos biggest hole with #2 Rd. It gives Anaheim a solid top 6 two way winger with room to grow, a top rd prospect who is nhl ready and a 1st to help rebuild the roster.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007

To Anaheim
Liljegren
Kapanen

To Toronto
Manson

It solves Torontos biggest hole with #2 Rd. It gives Anaheim a solid top 6 two way winger with room to grow, a top rd prospect who is nhl ready and a 1st to help rebuild the roster.

That's a very good offer. I think the ducks would have to seriously consider it.

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014

To Anaheim
Liljegren
Kapanen

To Toronto
Manson

With those two main pieces I don’t think it would have to be a first unless it’sa bidding war

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018

To Anaheim
Liljegren
Kapanen

To Toronto
Manson

That’s the strongest offer I’ve seen on these boards for Manson. Good job well posted

Oct 18, 2011
Anaheim should absolutely look at the market for Rakell, Manson, etc. by the time this team is good again players like that will be free agents, nearing free agency or past their primes. but our GM does NOT think outside the box, he's very reactionary

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017

To Anaheim
Liljegren
Kapanen

To Toronto
Manson

I'd prefer Sandin but I'd do it from ANAs side. Maybe I'd change the first for Robertson and throw in a lower pick form ANA.

So something like
Kapanen
Robertson
Liljegren

For
Manson + 3rd 2021

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I'd prefer Sandin but I'd do it from ANAs side. Maybe I'd change the first for Robertson and throw in a lower pick form ANA.

So something like
Kapanen
Robertson
Liljegren

For
Manson + 3rd 2021
No way they do that package lol. Even the orginal post was too high, the 1st would be more like a 4th. If were getting a 1st or robertson on top of kap+ lilj i assume were retaining a ton or someone else is going with manson.

LudwigVonKarlsson

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON

Ottawa knows your pain, always depressing around the trade deadline.

SnizzNasty88

Mar 31, 2013
Toronto

So something like
Kapanen
Robertson
Liljegren

For
Manson + 3rd 2021

Yeah okay, talk about overvaluing your own player, you’re not getting a top 6 forward and two blue chip prospects for Manson who’s looked like complete ass the last couple seasons. Maybe you’d get Johnsson and Liljegren at the absolute most. Man you Duck fans think Manson is the second coming of Jesus Christ and it’s hilarious. If you actually think that proposal is something you’d do, you’ll be very disappointed with the return Manson will bring should the Ducks move him. Manson will be a Maple Leaf though one way or another, it’s where he belongs.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Yeah okay, talk about overvaluing your own player, you’re not getting a top 6 forward and two blue chip prospects for Manson who’s looked like complete ass the last couple seasons. Maybe you’d get Johnsson and Liljegren at the absolute most. Man you Duck fans think Manson is the second coming of Jesus Christ and it’s hilarious. If you actually think that proposal is something you’d do, you’ll be very disappointed with the return Manson will bring should the Ducks move him. Manson will be a Maple Leaf though one way or another, it’s where he belongs.

Its odd that you critic Manson so much... then toss in AJ whos been pretty bad in his own right.... and certainly probably isn't enticing for many teams. A lot of leaf fans talked about AJ stats going up with more mins... well hes getting more mins this season( almost 3 mins more per game)… and his stats have gone down in goal scoring + points.

I personally prefer kapanen to AJ... kapanen fits the team style more than aj does. I have a hard time imagining a trade where AJ is the main piece.

SnizzNasty88

Mar 31, 2013
Toronto
Its odd that you critic Manson so much... then toss in AJ whos been pretty bad in his own right.... and certainly probably isn't enticing for many teams. A lot of leaf fans talked about AJ stats going up with more mins... well hes getting more mins this season( almost 3 mins more per game)… and his stats have gone down in goal scoring + points.

I personally prefer kapanen to AJ... kapanen fits the team style more than aj does. I have a hard time imagining a trade where AJ is the main piece.

AJ was also injured this year and returned from injury not too long ago. He’s just finding his game. His IQ is higher than Kapanen’s anyway

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012

So something like
Kapanen
Robertson
Liljegren

For
Manson + 3rd 2021
Robertson is a no go for the leafs. I'd do the original deal I posted but Robertson is a no.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
AJ was also injured this year and returned from injury not too long ago. He’s just finding his game. His IQ is higher than Kapanen’s anyway
Manson was injured too(sprained mcl)… and its pretty obvious his skating hasn't been the same since coming back.

But I guess its much easier to say he hasn't been good in a couple seasons, and not put too much effort into examining the context.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->