Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Kase and 2020 4th for Sutter, 2021 2nd, Utunen and 2022 5th round pick
Kase + 4th
for
Suter + 2nd + utunen + 5th

I assume sutter is there as a cap dump essentially?
Seems a bit overly complicated.. we need a RHD more than we need lhd(we have Lindholm fowler larsson guhle mahura simon Lacombe).

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
Never included Gibson. Gibson has always been my building block for rebuild mode. We need to understand Miller is gone after this season. Retirement. With him gone I’m not handing the reins over to Kevin Boyle to carry a franchise in goal. Nor would it be Gus.

You always build a franchise from the back end out. As much as I want that first. I’m not offering Gibson for it. We can talk about Lindholm or Manson for it though. Unprotected.

I'm not a fan of Ottawa, but that make even less sense. So there isn't any fit here.

These picks won't get traded and if they are, it would be at the draft. Ottawa doesn't need any help right now, so it would make absolutely no sense to trade a 1st now. They would buy high (trade deadline, they would bid against contenders who wants to get better for playoff) AND they would take a GIGA risk by trading a lottery 1st before knowing the spot.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
If Anaheim is taking on salary, would they have interest in:
Eriksson
Baertschi
Sutter
Stecher

Who potentially will need to be moved from the Canucks before the offseason?
-Eriksson has actually playing in the top-6 again as Horvat's winger and that lone has looked really good.
-Baertschi is tearing up the AHL and could play NHL minutes if given top-6 time. He can play with skilled players, but he isn't much of a checker, and the Canucks have a logjam in their top-6 with most of the wingers able to play up and down the lineup.
-Sutter gets injured frequently but he is a solid contributor when he is playing. He can play 3rd or 4th line C on most teams.
-Stecher may simply be the odd man out on defense moving forward, with players like Rafferty, Tryamkin, and guys like Woo/Juolevi pushing up the lineup (say what you want about which side a defenseman plays, the Canucks have a couple of guys (like Edler) who can play both sides pretty effectively, which means you aren't protected from being pushed out by a LD in the lineup just because you play RD)

Lupuls Grit

Oct 12, 2018
Orillia
I actually like Woo a lot, and he fills a need... but idk that I like him enough for that Eriksson contract :d
Woo is a really unique prospect. I would be loathe to give him up but that Eriksson contract is an absolute killer for a team in the Canucks situation. It is possible that they have an understanding with him that he will go back to Sweden or retire after his bonus is paid out this summer (god, I hope so!) in which case you don't move him but otherwise the Canucks are going to have to do something very unpleasant to free up that cap space.

Reactions: Getz2noone

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
I'm not a fan of Ottawa, but that make even less sense. So there isn't any fit here.

These picks won't get traded and if they are, it would be at the draft. Ottawa doesn't need any help right now, so it would make absolutely no sense to trade a 1st now. They would buy high (trade deadline, they would bid against contenders who wants to get better for playoff) AND they would take a GIGA risk by trading a lottery 1st before knowing the spot.

Im replying to you in response of Gibson for that package. I’m not saying Ottawa would do it. What I’m saying is that’s what I would offer for that pick. Gibson isn’t being moved. I’ve never included Gibson in any of my proposals as he’s our building block going forward

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Woo is a really unique prospect. I would be loathe to give him up but that Eriksson contract is an absolute killer for a team in the Canucks situation. It is possible that they have an understanding with him that he will go back to Sweden or retire after his bonus is paid out this summer (god, I hope so!) in which case you don't move him but otherwise the Canucks are going to have to do something very unpleasant to free up that cap space.
Ya I was hopin the ducks got Woo.

But ya that's a lot of cap space for 2.5 years with Eriksson... I wouldn't mind taking it on but I think it would end up costing a lot more than woo ... maybe there is a world where the ducks put Kase into the trade to maximize value. But its a lot to sort out/value etc.

jessemadnote

Jan 30, 2019
Well I think this could be good news for Calgary. Any one of Getzlaf, Rakell, Silfverberg, or Kase would fit well in the Flames lineup. Any idea the cost on each of those players?

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I don't really want to turn this into a Manson to Toronto thread but imo

Bracco doesn't do much for us, so I don't see much if any value for us in him.
Ceci is a cap dump, and a - for us. I also think you could argue Bracco being packaged to take Ceci remaining cap.

So your proposal is basically Manson for Liljergren, I think its a pretty easy pass for Anaheim, as I think other teams will easily out bid that(see the hurricanes right above you)

I didn't see a proposal just nothing is off the table.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Well I think this could be good news for Calgary. Any one of Getzlaf, Rakell, Silfverberg, or Kase would fit well in the Flames lineup. Any idea the cost on each of those players?

Any of them can add cap dumps for more value
Rakell: 2 1sts(value not straight)… so maybe 1st + 2nd + prospect(or 3rd + prospect)… due to his contract being 2.5 years, and extremely affordable for what you get.
Getzlaf: 1st + prospect + cap dump + retention + pick depending on capdump/retention(if he waives)
Kase: id shoot for a 1st, don't think that hed get it, if not it would need to be a pretty good prospect + pick.

My guess is silf is the most unavailable. But I suppose if the offer is good enough, anyone is likely available.

Reactions: jessemadnote

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Garrioch wouldn’t have a clue when it comes to the Ducks. This thread is redundant.
I wont be shocked if he has a busy month... but itll be a lot of smaller deals... getting rid of UFAs and taking cap space back to maximize value.

Id be shocked if anything significant happens.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Henrique for Ladd + futures?
so 3.5 years at 5.5 cap hit? for a 34 year old....

Idk what you guys could add to make that worth it.

Henrique is still a pretty good hockey player and should be fairly decent for the remainder of his contract(if he doesn't work at center long term, hes also a solid winger).

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Would love Manson on the Leafs. But the team can't afford the trade assets, just like they can't afford to trade for Dumba. I'd be amazed if either guy could be caught by Dubas.

That said, DelZotto is a guy that can log 20 minutes without being a Ceci level disaster. He's very much a similar player to what TO already has, but there's precious few options available at a low cost...

Anaheim fans, can DelZotto play on the right side? And how low could the price drop?

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
I wont be shocked if he has a busy month... but itll be a lot of smaller deals... getting rid of UFAs and taking cap space back to maximize value.

Id be shocked if anything significant happens.

Thats normally what he does anyways. Believe it when I see it with his typical trade history. I’m just glad he hasn’t fired Eakins yet. Because I got that top 5 pick in my sights. Don’t need his dumb ass messing up our pick like last year at 9.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Would love Manson on the Leafs. But the team can't afford the trade assets, just like they can't afford to trade for Dumba. I'd be amazed if either guy could be caught by Dubas.

That said, DelZotto is a guy that can log 20 minutes without being a Ceci level disaster. He's very much a similar player to what TO already has, but there's precious few options available at a low cost...

Anaheim fans, can DelZotto play on the right side? And how low could the price drop?

MDZ plays both sides pretty comfortably... but I think hes more of a bottom pairing/7th guy.

I think wed just try to get a 6th like last year.

Reactions: qqaz

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Thats normally what he does anyways. Believe it when I see it with his typical trade history. I’m just glad he hasn’t fired Eakins yet. Because I got that top 5 pick in my sights. Don’t need his dumb ass messing up our pick like last year at 9.
Out of curiosity... who would you have picked over zegras from 3-8?

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
I’m not gonna go down the list of 3-8 but I’ll take Byram and Turcotte if Anaheim Just stayed the course of its 3-4 slot of picking. We were right there with the Kings in that draft range just off the Carlyle losing season. And you never even know Anaheim could have won the ping pong ball toss up and Kakko would have been our choice at 2

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Well I mean given this headline.. If Dubas is serious about this stuff..

Manson to TO

Liljegren, Bracco, Ceci in return

So immediately I hate this as a Leaf fan. It's only digestible because the term on Manson.. But it's a big risk that he is going to return to form and be able to play a significant role on a team with cup aspirations.

Ceci is cap going back to make the deal work. Can be flipped in another deal given other speculation he has same value due to his salary being mostly paid. Ducks might get a mid round pick here.

For them, it's about getting younger and getting an NHL ready D. I don't want to move Liljegren.. He has finally developed into what we were hoping for. Only 20 years old and looks like he is going to be a solid 2nd pairing NHL D at worse. Had a great debut for us. Bracco is a sweetener.

Ducks fans may hate it as he is a fan favorite, but I hate it as a Leaf fan, so I think it makes a bit of sense if the goal for them is to retool their roster to get younger and better. Leafs only motivation is to pay the price of youth for an accelerated developed player.

Ducks fans won't see the value in Liljegren, and I don't think we should move him.

Manson makes sense for the Leafs, but to come to an agreement on a message board, it isn't going to happen. I can see something around a Johnsson/Kap... Duszak/Hollowell or 2nd + Ceci as the framework of a deal. I also see a ton of Leafs fans screaming hell no, given Manson has struggled some this year, and may be valued by Ducks fans as the guy who had good offensive numbers in 17-18, that haven't been repeated since. I'm a fan of Manson's, and think he'd be a great compliment to what the Leafs have now, don't care too much about his offense, or lack of. I don't think his value is that of a 37 point D man though... that I think was a one off season.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I’m not gonna go down the list of 3-8 but I’ll take Byram and Turcotte if Anaheim Just stayed the course of its 3-4 slot of picking. We were right there with the Kings in that draft range.
I don't think Turcotte or byram are better than zegras is my point.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Ducks fans won't see the value in Liljegren, and I don't think we should move him.

Manson makes sense for the Leafs, but to come to an agreement on a message board, it isn't going to happen. I can see something around a Johnsson/Kap... Duszak/Hollowell or 2nd + Ceci as the framework of a deal. I also see a ton of Leafs fans screaming hell no, given Manson has struggled some this year, and may be valued by Ducks fans as the guy who had good offensive numbers in 17-18, that haven't been repeated since.
You realize duck fans don't value Mansons offense at all... we don't base any trade value on manson being a 37 point dmen.

We value his physicality, his mean streak, his value on the PK and in our own end... the fact that we have very few RHD in our system right now.... any offense he chips in is a bonus in most of our minds.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Well that’s your opinion. You asked for my opinion correct?
Yes, and im saying your making a big deal about players that arnt clear cut better players than Zegras.

Turcotte is good, and going to be good.... but idk that hell be decidedly better than zegras… its basically a toss up.
Byram hasn't been overly impressive this year, hes young and has plenty of room to raise his stock.

But neither player has shown they are a better pick than zegras, other than draft pedigree.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad