TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

forgethim-1431030234.gif

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Are the Ducks looking to go down the rebuild road? What would it take to get both Getzlaf and Lindholm? Lets say the Habs don't win any of the 3 lottery spots and our pick is 6-10 range. Domi and our 1st and we work out our cap issues to fit those contracts in?

- Getzlaf ($2M retention)
- Lindholm
for
- Domi
- Habs 1st (6-10 range)
- Mete
- Grade B... Ylonen, Hillis, Fonstad types
- 2020 2nd
- Alzner (cap reasons)

Is Domi and the Habs 1st (6-10) range something the Ducks would value for their possible youth movement? Hit me lol

SmokeyDuck

Jul 27, 2010
Anaheim, CA
Are the Ducks looking to go down the rebuild road? What would it take to get both Getzlaf and Lindholm? Lets say the Habs don't win any of the 3 lottery spots and our pick is 6-10 range. Domi and our 1st and we work out our cap issues to fit those contracts in?

- Lindholm
for
- Domi
- Habs 1st (6-10 range)
- Mete
- 2020 2nd
- Alzner (cap reasons)

Is Domi and the Habs 1st (6-10) range something the Ducks would value for their possible youth movement? Hit me lol
no

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

- Lindholm
for
- Domi
- Habs 1st (6-10 range)
- Mete
- 2020 2nd
- Alzner (cap reasons)

Getzlaf has already said he's not going anywhere (has a NMC).

The Ducks need to keep Lindholm. They've never drafted a better Dman, he's young enough to be a leader for the next wave. Zero interest in trading the cornerstone of our defense for Domi and/or draft picks.

Reactions: Exit Dose

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Getzlaf has already said he's not going anywhere (has a NMC).

The Ducks need to keep Lindholm. They've never drafted a better Dman, he's young enough to be a leader for the next wave. Zero interest in trading the cornerstone of our defense for Domi and/or draft picks.

Understand. Was just a question.

1) I can see Getzlaf possibly waiving his NMC if the Ducks have a meeting with him and tell him they are going in a futures movement. He might still not waive but I think he might considering he has one year left on his deal. Going to another city and joining Price and Weber might be attractive to him. It's not a long term commitment. Anyways, just how I see it if I put myself in his shoes

2) Lindholm has 2 more years left after this year and then needs a new contract at 28/29? I'm assuming you try to keep him even at that point? Where will the Ducks be in 2 more years and will he want to stay?

I think I made a decent offer... if (big if) the Ducks want to move to more youth sooner rather than later. Domi can be signed long term and just touching prime years. A pick from 6-10 to go along with your own pick is a great start to a rebuild. Mete and Alzner help you tank in the short term.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA

1) I can see Getzlaf possibly waiving his NMC if the Ducks have a meeting with him and tell him they are going in a futures movement. He might still not waive but I think he might considering he has one year left on his deal. Going to another city and joining Price and Weber might be attractive to him. It's not a long term commitment. Anyways, just how I see it if I put myself in his shoes

2) Lindholm has 2 more years left after this year and then needs a new contract at 28/29? I'm assuming you try to keep him even at that point? Where will the Ducks be in 2 more years and will he want to stay?

I think I made a decent offer... if (big if) the Ducks want to move to more youth sooner rather than later. Domi can be signed long term and just touching prime years. A pick from 6-10 to go along with your own pick is a great start to a rebuild. Mete and Alzner help you tank in the short term.

You were told no twice.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

Getzlaf is well aware of where the team is at. He's married to a local girl, has multiple kids in school and literally just gave an interview in the athletic where he stated he has zero interest in leaving. Lebrun also reported that the Ducks won't even bother asking. Honestly sort of silly to suggest that Getzlaf is thick enough to need a meeting to tell him the Ducks are in a youth movement, it's painfully obvious for all to see.

It doesn't make sense for a team in any direction to move a Dman as good as Lindholm for the likes of Domi. Anaheim should be 100% committed to keeping Lindholm long term barring an offer of elite young NHL talent and Domi is not that.

Moving the best defenseman you've ever drafted and developed right as he heads into his prime years isn't a very smart way to start a rebuild, in fact trading our young core pieces for downgrades and draft picks sounds like a great way to slow a rebuild down.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Getzlaf is well aware of where the team is at. He's married to a local girl, has multiple kids in school and literally just gave an interview in the athletic where he stated he has zero interest in leaving. Lebrun also reported that the Ducks won't even bother asking. Honestly sort of silly to suggest that Getzlaf is thick enough to need a meeting to tell him the Ducks are in a youth movement, it's painfully obvious for all to see.

It doesn't make sense for a team in any direction to move a Dman as good as Lindholm for the likes of Domi. Anaheim should be 100% committed to keeping Lindholm long term barring an offer of elite young NHL talent and Domi is not that.

Moving the best defenseman you've ever drafted and developed right as he heads into his prime years isn't a very smart way to start a rebuild, in fact trading our young core pieces for downgrades and draft picks sounds like a great way to slow a rebuild down.

I can respect that. Good luck with whatever direction you take

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad