TV: Game of Thrones | Season 8 (Final) | Part X -TV talk ONLY -NO Books, Spoilers, NO LEAKS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Mayhaps, but it still pisses me off.
I hear you. I was really taken aback by it when it happened. It doesn't happen very often in TV these days so when it does, it's jarring. I read an article a while back that said the actor chose to leave, that it wasn't simply re-casting. I just thought, what the hell else has this dude been in that he would just up and leave a really successful show like that. But then I didn't care because he wasn't any good.

Reactions: TP

Saskatoon

Aug 24, 2006
Saskatoon
I hear you. I was really taken aback by it when it happened. It doesn't happen very often in TV these days so when it does, it's jarring. I read an article a while back that said the actor chose to leave, that it wasn't simply re-casting. I just thought, what the hell else has this dude been in that he would just up and leave a really successful show like that. But then I didn't care because he wasn't any good.

I swear I remember they asked him to take a pay cut and he refused.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Hey this way he got to be in that stupid Transporter reboot and be the butt of Deadpool's jokes.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
He wanted a raise and HBO wouldn't give it to him. So he walked.

No casting gaffe tops the casting for Gregor Clegane in S2, though. What a misstep.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Is anyone else expecting Daario to make an appearance in the final season?

It wouldn't surprise me if he showed up in some capacity with the Golden Company

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Ok , not to start a fire but here is my logic.

Teryon believes he has Arya and there is no need to put her in chaines because he has control.
Hannabel wouldn't kill Jodi Foster because that would be below him,same goes here.
He speaks with Arya about legacy and He wants win this war " property " which excludes capturing a preteen girl. Thats not how he wants to be remembered.
I am keeping in mind a lion doesn't concern himself with the needs of a lamb.
I believe he can take Arya and play that card when need be but wants her companionship /knowledge freely.
He is not rootless and by his code thats out of bounds.

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
Not again. :facepalm:

How does Bran (i.e. the Three-Eyed Raven) not know that he is a faceless man, and why has a faceless man spent years pretending to be a minor power hungry noble in Westeros? This view doesn't even stand up to basic scrutiny because it makes no logical sense.
The theory isn't that LF is a faceless man, the theory is that LF paid a FM off to impersonate him and die for him. Of course, that'd assume that FM can imitate even the living which we saw happened to Arya. So it's certainly a possibility.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
The theory isn't that LF is a faceless man, the theory is that LF paid a FM off to impersonate him and die for him. Of course, that'd assume that FM can imitate even the living which we saw happened to Arya. So it's certainly a possibility.
Paid a faceless man with what? They don't typically accept gold. We did not necessarily see that with Arya, she was freaking out and probably hallucinating.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

It also assumes Littlefinger is basically flawless and sees everything that's coming.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Paid a faceless man with what? They don't typically accept gold. We did not necessarily see that with Arya, she was freaking out and probably hallucinating.
Wait, they don't? I was under the impression it was incredibly expensive (in terms of currency) to utilize their services.

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
the theory is that LF paid a FM off to impersonate him and die for him.

This theory sounds really stupid. Why would someone who is about to die care about any payment, what use is that payment to them once they are dead? And it's not like they could give the payment they receive to a family member or something because they are no one, they are faceless men.

Reactions: Jack Straw

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
It also assumes Littlefinger is basically flawless and sees everything that's coming.

He literally talks about how he exams every possible scenario, and while I don't imagine he could've surmised that Bran had all-seeing abilities, it does stand to reason that he envisioned the possibility that he was in enemy territory at Winterfell and thought it best to vacate the area

Why he chose to fake his own death rather than simply leave, I don't know. Perhaps we'll find out in Season 8

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Wait, they don't? I was under the impression it was incredibly expensive (in terms of currency) to utilize their services.
From what I understand they are incredibly expensive, but can demand anything and the cost is based on the person asking for a contract and the target. So a rich person may have to be an extraordinary amount of gold, while a poor person may have to give up something of value to them, up to a life even.

Saskatoon

Aug 24, 2006
Saskatoon
From what I understand they are incredibly expensive, but can demand anything and the cost is based on the person asking for a contract and the target. So a rich person may have to be an extraordinary amount of gold, while a poor person may have to give up something of value to them, up to a life even.

This makes some sense. If it was always a ridiculous sum then the understudy actress wouldn't have been able to afford killing Lady Crane

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
There's the scene with that blonde girl when Arya is spying on Littlefinger. LF hands her what looks to be a Braavosi coin like the one Jaqen gave Arya. She then says to him "your time is up." She also has blue eyes like Jaqen if that means anything.

LF also said earlier in the series that his family was originally from Braavos (great-grandfather), so he could very well have connections there.

Not necessarily. Bran repeats chaos is a ladder to LF. Dude freaks out knowing that Bran has super powers. Figures out a way to fake his death and get out of WF. Seems plausible to me.

It certainly would be an inventive story, but I'm not so sure that the writers would put in such a twist this late unless LF has a huge role in the end game. Also, if anything I've learned that sometimes fan theories are more interesting than what actually ends up happening.

Last edited:

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
There's the scene with that blonde girl when Arya is spying on Littlefinger. LF hands her what looks to be a Braavosi coin like the one Jaqen gave Arya. She then says to him "your time is up." She also has blue eyes like Jaqen if that means anything.

LF also said earlier in the series that his family was originally from Braavos (great-grandfather), so he could very well have connections there.

Not necessarily. Bran repeats chaos is a ladder to LF. Dude freaks out knowing that Bran has super powers. Figures out a way to fake his death and get out of WF. Seems plausible to me.

It certainly would be an inventive story, but I'm not so sure that the writers would put in such a twist this late unless LF has a huge role in the end game. Also, if anything I've learned that sometimes fan theories are more interesting than what actually ends up happening.

He doesn't have to play a role

They could just show him briefly on a boat sailing under the statue heading into Braavos

It would let the audience know he survived, and it would be up to us to piece it together

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
He doesn't have to play a role

They could just show him briefly on a boat sailing under the statue heading into Braavos

It would let the audience know he survived, and it would be up to us to piece it together

Even if he doesn't show up in the final season one can say it's because he's going to have a spin-off series where they show how he survived...and then continues his mischief again. ;)

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Even if he doesn't show up in the final season one can say it's because he's going to have a spin-off series where they show how he survived...and then continues his mischief again. ;)
A TV show revolving heavily around Little Finger would be terrible. He's an amazing tertiary character, though.

Reactions: Kurtz

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
btw, when Jaime told Cersei he was going to Dorne, it originally kind of sounded like it would almost be like a heist. Bronn and Jaime busting Myrcella out of Dorne. Could have been like a buddy cop film, such a wasted opportunity.
1df26982-7432-4b90-8543-443a0801d502.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad