TV: Game of Thrones | Season 8 (Final) | Part X -TV talk ONLY -NO Books, Spoilers, NO LEAKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
All I think about when I see Arya running for her life through Winterfell at night is the Faceless Men

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
All I think about when I see Arya running for her life through Winterfell at night is the Faceless Men
I think it will be far simpler than that. The castle is breached and attacked, or the dead in the crypts rise up and attack the castle from the inside, and she is running from an overwhelming force or white walker.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I think it will be far simpler than that. The castle is breached and attacked, or the dead in the crypts rise up and attack the castle from the inside, and she is running from an overwhelming force or white walker.

Yeah, I think the story has reached a point where there are much scarier things than the faceless men.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Yeah, I think the story has reached a point where there are much scarier things than the faceless men.
Plus I interpreted her ending with the Faceless Men to be that they accepted that she was Arya Stark, and was going to go donate a lot of lives to the many faced god from her list. If they wanted her dead they could have done it when she was there, it was the Waif who failed because she wouldn't let go of a personal grudge against Arya and died because of it.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009

I doubt they do not see the zombie horde coming till they are already inside Winterfell...

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
And Arya is just by herself after the big battle? Running into the castle instead of out of Winterfell?
I don't know, it's a quick shot inside the castle with no context. I just don't think we'll see anything to do with Faceless Men attacking her again.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Plus I interpreted her ending with the Faceless Men to be that they accepted that she was Arya Stark, and was going to go donate a lot of lives to the many faced god from her list. If they wanted her dead they could have done it when she was there, it was the Waif who failed because she wouldn't let go of a personal grudge against Arya and died because of it.

It's all very vague and we'll likely never know for sure, though the unwritten books could fill out more details, but that's how I see it too. This is supposed to be the worlds premiere assassins guild which also has certain mystical powers, I don't think one teenager is getting out from under them alive if they weren't okay with it.

I can see 4 scenarios for Arya and the Faceless here...

1. She legitimately escaped and continues to evade them
2. As long as she doesn't spill their secrets or turn against them they simply don't care that she escaped
3. She's still working for them, she just doesn't know it yet. Let her integrate back into high society then start dropping her contracts
4. This was the plan all along, to arm a vengeful Stark with their trade secrets then let her loose in Westeros

Regardless though these are pro assassins, if they wanted to kill Arya they'd probably poison her or knife her in her sleep, not start chasing her through the crypts of Winterfell in the middle of an apocalyptic siege. She's running from something White Walker related there.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Is anyone else expecting Daario to make an appearance in the final season?

It wouldn't surprise me if he showed up in some capacity with the Golden Company

Wasn't the Golden Company bought by Cersei?

Euron Greyjoy left the meeting with Danaerys and the others to go and get them. She was going to use them to take lands in the South whilst everyone is fighting the army in the North.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Wasn't the Golden Company bought by Cersei?

Euron Greyjoy left the meeting with Danaerys and the others to go and get them. She was going to use them to take lands in the South whilst everyone is fighting the army in the North.

That is correct

It doesn't mean that Daario couldn't have infiltrated their ranks

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
It's all very vague and we'll likely never know for sure, though the unwritten books could fill out more details, but that's how I see it too. This is supposed to be the worlds premiere assassins guild which also has certain mystical powers, I don't think one teenager is getting out from under them alive if they weren't okay with it.

I can see 4 scenarios for Arya and the Faceless here...

1. She legitimately escaped and continues to evade them
2. As long as she doesn't spill their secrets or turn against them they simply don't care that she escaped
3. She's still working for them, she just doesn't know it yet. Let her integrate back into high society then start dropping her contracts
4. This was the plan all along, to arm a vengeful Stark with their trade secrets then let her loose in Westeros

Regardless though these are pro assassins, if they wanted to kill Arya they'd probably poison her or knife her in her sleep, not start chasing her through the crypts of Winterfell in the middle of an apocalyptic siege. She's running from something White Walker related there.

Nymeria and her pack are expected to make an appearance this season

I've wondered if Nymeria is killed in the battle, and then turns on Arya after being brought back by the Night King

So maybe it's her direwolf chasing her?

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Nymeria and her pack are expected to make an appearance this season

I've wondered if Nymeria is killed in the battle, and then turns on Arya after being brought back by the Night King

So maybe it's her direwolf chasing her?

I was actually thinking that somebody she knows could be turned and that might freak her out, in addition to the whole undead army coming to kill everything of course.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
That is at least as feasible an idea as her alone in the crypts running from a faceless man assassin.

But she's not running thru the crypts, why would you think that

Also it appears she has blood on her face so she got into it with someone who can bleed

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Don't they only follow their orders and those orders would be set by the commander who would have received Euron and accepted (Or rejected) Cersei?

All I said was that I wonder if he'll make an appearance this season, and if so might it be in connection with the Golden Company

Last edited:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
My big guess is that when they kill the Night King they will learn it doesn’t stop the dead, just makes them a leaderless mindless horde. It needs a Night King, so Jon will take his place all Wrath of the Lich King style. Dead needing a jailer and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad