TV: Game of Thrones | Season 8 (Final) | Part X -TV talk ONLY -NO Books, Spoilers, NO LEAKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Yeesh the dialogue has gotten pretty bad since they passed the books lol. Didnt think they would tell Snow that soon though. Is Sam going to be the next fat king? He is technically the leader of the Tully's now and he got that revenge look in his eyes.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Tons of setup for the season, as expected. Overall a decent episode.
Kneejerk instinct is that was one of the better premieres. I thought they did a good job handling multiple points on the checklist.

Jamie and Bran "reuniting" as the episode ender to me was brilliant. Terrific parallel to the pilot which is the moment that hooked pretty much everyone.

Reactions: Blender

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
"You gave your crown to save your people. Would she do the same?"

I think we all know the answer to that. Cutting criticism of Daenerys from Sam.

I just commented on this.
this is gonna be real.

(also. yah. when Sam cuts you down- you know you're in trouble).

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Kneejerk instinct is that was one of the better premieres. I thought they did a good job handling multiple points on the checklist.

Jamie and Bran "reuniting" as the episode ender to me was brilliant. Terrific parallel to the pilot which is the moment that hooked pretty much everyone.

i loved that. I had to think so hard - did Jaime even know he was alive- but i think they all thought the Stark boys were dead. so it was .. "Holy crap. you are alive.. and i am in big poop."

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

When Bran said he was waiting for a friend, I thought he meant Sam. He was actually waiting for Jaime. :laugh:

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
i loved that. I had to think so hard - did Jaime even know he was alive- but i think they all thought the Stark boys were dead. so it was .. "Holy crap. you are alive.. and i am in big poop."

I think they knew he was alive. They knew he was alive when they sent that guy to kill him in his bed, and I would think they would know that their assassin failed.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I do enjoy the time they spent on the Elephants, as though to tell the fans "listen guys. We didn't have the f***ing budget for elephants."
"You gave your crown to save your people. Would she do the same?"

I think we all know the answer to that. Cutting criticism of Daenerys from Sam.
Actually, I'm a bit surprised they would go that way after all the hero glorification she got from the scriptwriters in her time in Essos.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
I think they knew he was alive. They knew he was alive when they sent that guy to kill him in his bed, and I would think they would know that their assassin failed.

no - remember that Theon killed two farmer boys , but told everyone it was the Stark boys. Catlyn was devastated at this news, and I am sure that had to have reached south.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I do enjoy the time they spent on the Elephants, as though to tell the fans "listen guys. We didn't have the ****ing budget for elephants."

If they can CGI two dragons and a zombie dragon they could do a few elephants if they really felt like it.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Bran is beyond petty feelings of revenge and whatnot. He won't be angry with Jamie. The other Stark kids won't be too thrilled to see him though. Tyrion will have to do some fast talking.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Bran is beyond petty feelings of revenge and whatnot. He won't be angry with Jamie. The other Stark kids won't be too thrilled to see him though. Tyrion will have to do some fast talking.

Yeah, Bran is going to be Vulcan Bran and talk about how everything happened for a reason.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Actually, I'm a bit surprised they would go that way after all the hero glorification she got from the scriptwriters in her time in Essos.
Her entire life has been based on reclaiming what she thinks is her birthright. I don't think she would react well to suddenly having that birthright taken away from her by Jon's claim, regardless of Jon wanting it or not. The obvious way to settle it is for them to get married and rule together of course.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Yeah, Bran is going to be Vulcan Bran and talk about how everything happened for a reason.
This seems likely. He'll probably say that he needed to be thrown out that window to become the Three Eyed Raven, and that he needed to become that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad