GDT: Game #8 - YOUR New Jersey Devils (3-2-2) at the Ottawa Senators (4-1), MSG+2 TV

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Is Elias hurt or something? He's playing the worst hockey of his career. His production isn't even what my main problem is, it's his decision making. He just looks horrendous.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Is Elias hurt or something? He's playing the worst hockey of his career. His production isn't even what my main problem is, it's his decision making. He just looks horrendous.

It's a lot of mental errors so an injury isn't much if an excuse. His skating seems fine. He just is making dumb choices with the puck.

Still got a point tonight too haha

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Well Pete did play Kovy with a wonky back 25-26 minute games during the playoffs but that was a different kettle of fish :laugh:

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
It's not like Patty has never had a stretch where he looks terrible. It's usually only for 5-6 games though and eventually he plays his way out of it.

livewell68

Jul 20, 2007
I hope this gets Jagr going.

Last season, it was the game in which he scored the game winner on a breakaway against Tampa that he got going.

Despite not playing well at all so far, he still has 6 (2 goals) Pts. in 8 games.

All he needs is to score 4 Pts in his next 2 games to finish the month of October at PPG.

After a hot start, Cammalleri an Ryder seem to be cooling off and it looks like Henrique and Jagr will be the Devils scoring leaders once again.

Czech Your Math

I am lizard king
Jan 25, 2006
bohemia
It's funny how Jagr is so mediocre in shootouts and such money on breakaways.

He should ask to use a d-man as a screen on shootouts or something.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I hope this gets Jagr going.

Last season, it was the game in which he scored the game winner on a breakaway against Tampa that he got going.

Despite not playing well at all so far, he still has 6 (2 goals) Pts. in 8 games.

All he needs is to score 4 Pts in his next 2 games to finish the month of October at PPG.

After a hot start, Cammalleri an Ryder seems to be cooling off and it looks like Henrique and Jagr will be the Devils scoring leaders once again.

Camm and Ryder are a bit snake bitten right now. Ryder keeps hitting posts and Camm is just missing good chances.

livewell68

Jul 20, 2007
Camm and Ryder are a bit snake bitten right now. Ryder keeps hitting posts and Camm is just missing good chances.

This team is so weird, they clearly have what it takes to right the ship and their offense is not as bad as it's been the last 3-4 games.

Imagine if all of Jagr, Henrique, Elias, Ryder, Zajac and Cammalleri along with their defense starts to score goals, they can be a dangerous team, now their defensive game......:shakehead

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
This team is so weird, they clearly have what it takes to right the ship and their offense is not as bad as it's been the last 3-4 games.

Imagine if all of Jagr, Henrique, Elias, Ryder, Zajac and Cammalleri along with their defense starts to score goals, they can be a dangerous team, now their defensive game......:shakehead

Livewell, to be honest many teams have this problem. Just browse around other boards.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Defense isn't really bad either (Dallas it was but overall).

Honestly the PK is still our biggest problem. It just has to get better.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Livewell, to be honest many teams have this problem. Just browse around other boards.

Why the sky isn't falling. Results wise we are in good shape overall.

Odds are we will never have everyone scoring at once ( if we do ya we go places) but there are things that can be improved to help the team and create more good results.

PK is public enemy number 1.

Good news we are cutting down on penalties (rather 3 a night then 6 or 7) but we still have to kill the ones we take.

livewell68

Jul 20, 2007

It's been a weird start to the season overall.

Teams not playing good defense, teams blowing leads, games finishing 6-4....

It's been a very sloppy start to the NHL season that's for sure. Despite their weaknesses so far, the Devils are 2nd in the Metro. :laugh:

If the Devils fix their PK and start to play their possession game again, they will be ok. I'm still waiting for Jagr and Zajac to get their possession driven game going, they were dominant at times last season.

Henrique is turning into a star.

Aside from the second goal against him, Schneider I felt had his first really strong game.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
IgnorantHarshBluetickcoonhound.gif

StnTwnDevil

May 15, 2012
NJ
It's a lot of mental errors so an injury isn't much if an excuse. His skating seems fine. He just is making dumb choices with the puck.

Still got a point tonight too haha

If I see him do one of those spinning prayer shots again, I'm gonna rip my eyes out. He's just off. On top of his mental mistakes, he doesn't look comfortable controlling the puck right now. Tonight was one of his better games, despite a few mistakes. He'll come around. When he does, I'm looking forward to what him and Havlat can do.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Still very concerned about the PK. Can't even go to the box without giving one up anymore. It's pretty disgraceful.

StnTwnDevil

May 15, 2012
NJ
It's been a weird start to the season overall.

Teams not playing good defense, teams blowing leads, games finishing 6-4....

It's been a very sloppy start to the NHL season that's for sure. Despite their weaknesses so far, the Devils are 2nd in the Metro. :laugh:

If the Devils fix their PK and start to play their possession game again, they will be ok. I'm still waiting for Jagr and Zajac to get their possession driven game going, they were dominant at times last season.

Henrique is turning into a star.

Aside from the second goal against him, Schneider I felt had his first really strong game.

Henrique is an amazing passer. I'm always impressed with how he consistantly saucers a pass from down low, perfectly on the tape, through a maze of players, to the point man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad