GDT: Game #8 - YOUR New Jersey Devils (3-2-2) at the Ottawa Senators (4-1), MSG+2 TV

goawaygary*

Just a little perspective. Today was our 8th game of the season. Last year we got our FIRST WIN in the 8th game of the season

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I haven't really paid really close attention to strategy, but are we doing anything differently on the PK this year, or are we just not executing?

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
Yup...he hasn't been very good at all this season... although he showed some signs tonight of the old Andy Greene from last season.

Perhaps just a slow start?

maybe, or maybe he's getting used to his new partner on D and maybe doing too much since he got a big contract and feels he needs to "earn'' it

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Someone has to photoshop this (or another better picture) NOW :laugh:

Declaraw.jpg

htwv7r.jpg

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
maybe, or maybe he's getting used to his new partner on D and maybe doing too much since he got a big contract and feels he needs to "earn'' it

New D partner doesn't explain the PK mess.

Volch and Fayne were big shot blockers and pretty good and clearing pucks (two things we have problems with, especially clears).

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Losing Volchenkov and Fayne could be part of it as well, although I don't remember how much PK work Fayne was getting. Volch, while he stunk elsewhere was still a pretty critical part of the PK unit.

Fayne was getting more PK time last year than he had in the past cause Sal was out.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
New D partner doesn't explain the PK mess.

Volch and Fayne were big shot blockers and pretty good and clearing pucks (two things we have problems with, especially clears).

yeah clears are the main concern, and Andy missed a clear right before that 2nd goal
somebody said Greene is playing the opposite side on the PK this year? not sure though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad