GDT: Game #8 - YOUR New Jersey Devils (3-2-2) at the Ottawa Senators (4-1), MSG+2 TV

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I would not trade Brunner at this point unless its an overpayment. His speed in a lineup that has little to none of it is welcomed.

What on earth do we do now when Tootoo comes back...or is this going to be another 'lingering injury'? They can't take Brunner out of the lineup anytime soon. They'll probably do something wacky like scratch Ruutu and play Tootoo-Gionta-Brunner as the fourth line once everyone comes back.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
this is the first time i'm hearing it. wtf is this?

theres a new stat guy on hockey night live Steven Valliquet (spelling?)
he draws up plays (especially goals scored) from games and he says the area in front of the goalie straight up to the blue line is the royal road for goal scorers ....its like the sweet spot for them to shoot/score

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
What on earth do we do now when Tootoo comes back...or is this going to be another 'lingering injury'? They can't take Brunner out of the lineup anytime soon. They'll probably do something wacky like scratch Ruutu and play Tootoo-Gionta-Brunner as the fourth line once everyone comes back.

Scratch him. I don't see how you bench any of the 4th line or Brunner right now, but one has to sit for Havlat.

goawaygary*

If we can't beat them, BleedRed will riot. :sarcasm:

We couldn't beat the Jets going all the way back to when they were the original Winnipeg Jets. And nowadays we can't beat the Coyotes or the new Jets

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
hey (please dont start a fight) but with Brunner playing well and Larsson probably looking to be moved, you think we could get a decent return for those 2 as a package right now?

by the way (that bum)Cory as the #1 star tonight and Seev as the 3rd

Last edited:

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I know Brunner is fun to watch and has the speed we need...but he just isn't going to stick...he is wreckles and he is lost without the puck...just a matter of time before he wears out his welcome.

goawaygary*

Weird game. Ottawa was flat for long stretches, perhaps just emotionally overwhelmed or the long layoff hurt them. With 7 days off this was like a reboot of the entire season for them.

I thought for a second we might get out of there with a tidy 2-1 win.

Then I was terrified we wouldn't get a point at all. Lucky we hung on for dear life and secured that

Then I was mortified we'd be staring down another shootout, but luckily Jagr turned the clock back to 1995 on that goal.

This was probably Corys best game of the year. Both goals unstoppable (and Ottawa got ridiculous luck on the tying goal) but he stopped everything else that was humanly possible.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
I know Brunner is fun to watch and has the speed we need...but he just isn't going to stick...he is wreckles and he is lost without the puck...just a matter of time before he wears out his welcome.

Even with the puck he makes great plays weaving and deking and toe dragging and winds up without the puck in the end

goawaygary*

5-3-2 or not I'll still be kicking things if we lose to the trash team that isn't even as good as the New York Jets :P

It's a possibility

I'm also thinking that Thursday might be a Clemmensen game. So if he turns in a stinker there's nothing we can do.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Well on the powerplay he should have even more space. Less chance of mistakes.

One would think

He has the tools, offensively, defensively, speed, passing, puck handling, it's just a matter of him actually putting it together which we really haven't seen

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Salvador with 14 minutes in penalties. Leads the team in that department. Needs to slow down on those penalties.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad