GDT: Game #8 - YOUR New Jersey Devils (3-2-2) at the Ottawa Senators (4-1), MSG+2 TV

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
New Jersey (after four straight losses, yes we're ****ty again):

Devils expected lineup:
Mike Cammalleri-Travis Zajac-Jaromir Jagr
Ryane Clowe-Adam Henrique-Michael Ryder
Patrik Elias-Danius Zubrus-Damien Brunner
Tuomo Ruutu-Jacob Josefson-Stephen Gionta

Andy Greene-Damon Severson
Bryce Salvador-Marek Zidlicky
Eric Gelinas-Jon Merrill

Cory Schnieder (possible starter), Scott Clemmensen (possible backup)

INJURED: Martin Havlat (unspecified body injury), Jordin Tootoo (lower-body injury)
Scratches: Adam Larsson

Ottawa (all the best to you guys away from the rink after the recent tragedy in Ottawa):

Senators possible lineup:

Clarke MacArthur-Kyle Turris-Mark Stone
Bobby Ryan-Mike Zibanejad-Alex Chiasson
Mike Hoffman-David Legwand-Chris Neil
Milan Michalek-Zach Smith-Curtis Lazar

Chris Phillips-Erik Karlsson
Patrick Wiercioch-Cody Ceci
Mark Borowiecki-Eric Gryba

Robin Lehner (starter)-Craig Anderson (backup)

INJURED - Marc Methot (back)
Scratches - Colin Greening, Eric Condra, Jared Cowen

No other speeches, videos or drawings, just win please :p:

Last edited:

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
Either turn it around or we'll get a new coach soon. Henrique, Elias, Ryder, Clowe are not producing at the moment. If Pete cant get them going, Pete gets to go himself.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Henrique has 7 points +4 in 7 games and he isn't producing?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Fact of the matter is the team is playing very well aside from the bad penalties, which seem to be getting straightened out...
The problems you are seeing is straight up a weak group of forwards. This coaching staff has had this team in position to win just about every game they have played that is about all they can do. No coach is going make Clowe, Zubrus or Jagr faster. No coach is going to make Cory not give up a critical soft goal..no coach is going to get one of these scrubs to score in shootout as far as I know no coach can teach skill? Does anyone truly believe a new coach can do more with this roster?
Look at this top 6 for christsake! Jagr is done, Zajac is a second liner, Zubrus at best is a 3rd liner, Elias is looking more and more done by the day, Havlat is a saviour? My god that is terrible and those are the forwards who get the most iced time because it's the best of the garbage.

You can't get blood from a stone and that is what many of you are looking for.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
While the people of Ottawa deserve to see a home win tonight, we simply can't afford a loss.. Really need to start righting the ship a bit here

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
I have a feeling this will not end well. These guys are going to be locked, stocked and ready to play after that shooting. They haven't played in a few days and we are coming off of a tough game from last night. We already looked tired last night, can't imagine how we will look tonight but still....GO DEVILS! NEVER LOSE FAITH!

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
Fact of the matter is the team is playing very well aside from the bad penalties, which seem to be getting straightened out...
The problems you are seeing is straight up a weak group of forwards. This coaching staff has had this team in position to win just about every game they have played that is about all they can do. No coach is going make Clowe, Zubrus or Jagr faster. No coach is going to make Cory not give up a critical soft goal..no coach is going to get one of these scrubs to score in shootout as far as I know no coach can teach skill? Does anyone truly believe a new coach can do more with this roster?
Look at this top 6 for christsake! Jagr is done, Zajac is a second liner, Zubrus at best is a 3rd liner, Elias is looking more and more done by the day, Havlat is a saviour? My god that is terrible and those are the forwards who get the most iced time because it's the best of the garbage.

You can't get blood from a stone and that is what many of you are looking for.

6 in first and 5 in 2nd game, our 2nd line centerman is bound to rack up points. We need Henrique to be the clutch, take elias' role, for its quite clear that patty aint going to get an extension. To me Henrique could be more, right now he is a good component when his linemate is creatingthe chance, henrique is clever enough to read the play. But i want so see him make the big plays, get past elite defense. If he wont start doing it soon then how else do you get him to play better than tto change the coach and the system?

RNCDevil

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
6 in first and 5 in 2nd game, our 2nd line centerman is bound to rack up points. We need Henrique to be the clutch, take elias' role, for its quite clear that patty aint going to get an extension. To me Henrique could be more, right now he is a good component when his linemate is creatingthe chance, henrique is clever enough to read the play. But i want so see him make the big plays, get past elite defense. If he wont start doing it soon then how else do you get him to play better than tto change the coach and the system?

Mostly from the blue line. That is where they are building from. I just hope Lou drops weight and picks up assets in the Spring.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Mostly from the blue line. That is where they are building from. I just hope Lou drops weight and picks up assets in the Spring.

I really hope we don't have to wait until spring to drop weight and pickup assets.

goawaygary*

Tough tough spot for the Devils tonight. Honestly won't utter a cross word if they lose, even if it's another shootout loss. Ottawa will be playing with game 7 SCF emotion.

goawaygary*

I think that if the Devils didn't gag it up vs NYR and won the shootout last night, this is probably a Clemmensen game. But now we're kinda needing a win so, gotta go with Cory

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
Exactly, I'll never understand why Lou never got rid of anyone at the deadline the last two years.

me neither, he just never "dumps" players for picks or for fear of them walking, its just not his style

plus he's changed over the last few years, he has a longer leash on people..like his heart grew 2 sizes in the last decade or something

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
me neither, he just never "dumps" players for picks or for fear of them walking, its just not his style

plus he's changed over the last few years, he has a longer leash on people..like his heart grew 2 sizes in the last decade or something

You also have to look at the teams situation at the deadline itself. At both point at the deadline we were just outside playoff spot only to go on a bad run following the deadline to knock us out of contention.

2011 they did sell of Langenbrunner and then Arnott at the deadline. They hung onto Greene, but the re-signed him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad