Post-Game Talk: GAME 8 - A Frustrating Night in Vancouver - Canucks 2 BRUINS 1 F/OT

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
4-2-2 “102 point pace”

Missing 3 of our top 4 D
Offense snake bitten

We will be fine everyone it will be okay this is 100% a playoff team it’s Ocotober hockey...panic in December if you want but never get to high or low about October games

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
cue the overreactions

all things considered I thought they were pretty good. They outplayed Vancouver for most of the game. 2nd line started to gel after Butch put them back together. Nordstrom/Wagner/Bjork was pretty good. Just take a deep breath people. They're missing half their top 6 D and in an offensive funk right now. They still look way better than last October. They're gonna be ok.
8 games in and they already in an offensive funk? That bodes well for the season.

Anyway, they are what they are. I don’t think they will be as good as last year but they will be ok. It would be nice to make some additions to this tema but wtv.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
cue the overreactions

all things considered I thought they were pretty good. They outplayed Vancouver for most of the game. 2nd line started to gel after Butch put them back together. Nordstrom/Wagner/Bjork was pretty good. Just take a deep breath people. They're missing half their top 6 D and in an offensive funk right now. They still look way better than last October. They're gonna be ok.
Agreed . Missing Charlie , K Miller , Krug and Backes and the boys still battled back from a poor first period . Happy with a point considering how understandably disjointed the team was . I think the Bruins would destroy that Vancouver team in the playoffs if healthy.

Reactions: Bruinaura

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
People are actually blaming Marchand for that goal??

Carlo had more than enough time and space to handle that puck and make a play with it. He straight up bobbled it. And he blew a scoring chance earlier in the OT driving to the net.

That is straight up all on Carlo.

Ya let’s blame Carlo for Marchands turnover and let’s also blame Carlo for being the only man back on a 2 on 1.

This is the same stuff that drives me wild with bruins fans last year. Krug would pinch up leaving Carlo in a 2-1 and then fans blame Carlo for not making the play in an odd man situation.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Bjork and Nordstrom gel. I'd like to see Kuraly with them to match the speed and board work. Donato... not looking good.
Bjork really picked up his compete level in the 2nd half of the game . Kuraly and Nordstrom were buzzing the whole game particularly Kuraly . Kuraly doesn’t have much offensive skill but he is a beast , he brings it every shift .

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Disagree. This is on Butch. Put players in positions to succeed. Putting Carlo out there in 3 on 3 is not that.

Yeah I feel as though Butch keeps going to the same guys way too often. Haven't been too impressed with his decision making this year. Against Edmonton he watched his team get hemmed in for a very very extended period and even Jack said "probably a real good time to take a time out." I was just thinking the same at that time. Also Bruce didn't learn from Edmonton: Marchand did nothing to deserve being put out there in OT and Bergy is too overused and slow at this point. Nothing against them in the long run but to quote so many of my other esteemed posters here, Cassidy NEEDED to put in the young guns and let them play. DeBrusk, Bjork, Donato,Kuraly, Heinen, maybe even Vaak could've given the Nucks fitz.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Not much choice for the dee in OT to be realistic. Carlo had a whale of a game, ppl actually tossing his name out, lol. Who else is there, Chara - he would have been worse and we know it. Vaak is in his 1st game and he traveled all day, then there was Kampfer. Carlo was showing some promise early this year carrying the puck, not his forte in OT though. They need to practice this more, from the looks of it.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Maybe time to make a pitch at Panarin, top line looks burnt out carrying the team, they need another game breaker

Panarin? Why would Columbus trade him? And who do we have to trade in return?
Will u give a McAvoy or a Debrusk
Cuz ur going have to start with thT

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Maybe time to make a pitch at Panarin, top line looks burnt out carrying the team, they need another game breaker

Panarin will NEVER sign here. Boston has a bad reputation for Russians going back to Sergei Samsonov.

He wants to go to a city with a large Russian population (NY, LA or Chicago) and Boston's is small and is dominated by St Petersburg natives who do not get along with people who grew up east of Moscow like himself.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Ya let’s blame Carlo for Marchands turnover and let’s also blame Carlo for being the only man back on a 2 on 1.

This is the same stuff that drives me wild with bruins fans last year. Krug would pinch up leaving Carlo in a 2-1 and then blame Carlo for not making the play in an odd man situation.
He passed the puck back to the point. It wouldn't be an odd man situation if Carlo didn't have the hands of Dennis Wideman's legs.

On what planet is that Marchand's giveaway??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad