Post-Game Talk: GAME 70 - THE BEAR gets shot by a cannon - Columbus 7 BRUINS 4 F

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Games like tonight are why I’m, sadly becoming disillusioned with today’s game.

The referees have absolutely no feel for the game, no understanding of the ebb and flow.

When the terrible Heinen penalty was called, the Bruins were pressing....working their way back from a 4 goal deficit.

I’m not saying they owe the Bruins anything, but they owe the effort something.

To call such a ticky/tack penalty....in the face of the other official clearly saying it was a good play, just speaks to how out of touch these guys are.

The best thing for that game was for the Bruins to get a legit chance to tie the game.

I’m not saying they should have let the B’s do anything they wanted.... but to make that awful call at that point in the game is just disgusting.

I’d say the same thing if the Reverse was happening. The B’s got down by 4 and worked their way back to down 1 and deserved a chance to come all the way back.

Just awful officiating, yet again.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Games like tonight are why I’m, sadly becoming disillusioned with today’s game.

The referees have absolutely no feel for the game, no understanding of the ebb and flow.

When the terrible Heinen penalty was called, the Bruins were pressing....working their way back from a 4 goal deficit.

I’m not saying they owe the Bruins anything, but they owe the effort something.

To call such a ticky/tack penalty....in the face of the other official clearly saying it was a good play, just speaks to how out of touch these guys are.

The best thing for that game was for the Bruins to get a legit chance to tie the game.

I’m not saying they should have let the B’s do anything they wanted.... but to make that awful call at that point in the game is just disgusting.

I’d say the same thing if the Reverse was happening. The B’s got down by 4 and worked their way back to down 1 and deserved a chance to come all the way back.

Just awful officiating, yet again.

I agree 100% with this post but I ask you where is Bruce saying this post game?He never ever ever goes to bat for the players in times like this.His comments are we had passengers against a desperate team.The coach was a passenger tonite to.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I agree 100% with this post but I ask you where is Bruce saying this post game?He never ever ever goes to bat for the players in times like this.His comments are we had passengers against a desperate team.The coach was a passenger tonite to.

Agreed.

Personally, I like to think that if I were coach or GM, I’d be raking the refs over the coals 10-15x a year through the media, but it just doesn’t seem to happen.

I don’t know why, aside from the obvious: fear of retribution.

I do know that if I were part of the players union, I’d push hard for some type of accountability for the refs.

A player accidentally gets his stick up, maybe makes a bad decision and boards a guy or gets his elbow up and he’s subject to fines and/or suspension and anyone with a smart phone knows about it

The stiffs in stripes cost teams games, possibly affecting their earnings and we hear crickets about how they’re held accountable.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
On the plus side, nice to see McAvoy scrap it up - that really fired the team up. His skating is so impressive. When his fist weren't flying, his feet were.

I love Charlie....he is fun to watch

He's such a strong, smooth skater and likes to play physical ...it looked like he couldn't wait to drop the gloves there, but I have to admit I had to hold my breath a bit when he started throwing knuckles at Parnarin's helmet

...B's CANNOT afford to lose Charlie Mac

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Agreed.

Personally, I like to think that if I were coach or GM, I’d be raking the refs over the coals 10-15x a year through the media, but it just doesn’t seem to happen.

I don’t know why, aside from the obvious: fear of retribution.

I do know that if I were part of the players union, I’d push hard for some type of accountability for the refs.

A player accidentally gets his stick up, maybe makes a bad decision and boards a guy or gets his elbow up and he’s subject to fines and/or suspension and anyone with a smart phone knows about it

The stiffs in stripes cost teams games, possibly affecting their earnings and we hear crickets about how they’re held accountable.

Best part is the ref calling it is 50 feet down the ice lol The ole Boys club running things.Cassidy should have said something though.Disappointed in him.

Reactions: BMC and sarge88

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Awful first half, great surge late in 2nd and not many good things in the 3rd.

Missing their best goal scorer, two more top-6 F and having Kampfer+Nordstrom in the lineup is starting to catch up after that incredible streak.

Only good things in this game is the total god zone that Marchand is in and that the loss is hurting the lowly Habs playoffs chances.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

The 4th line on the ice for one of the final minutes was not good. Too much Claude still at times.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Was pissy at work because we had an emergency come in right before closing so I knew I wasn't even going to get the last 10 mins of the 3rd. Kinda seeming like that may be a good thing from what I'm seeing here. What in all that is holy happened out there??

Reactions: BMC and Strafer

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I wish Bruce would take one for the team and rip the officiating after a game like this. He's not wrong about the passengers, especially the first half of the game, but damn, take the fine my man Bruce!

I envision myself as coach....walking up to the podium and slamming a signed check made out to NHL on the table and saying..

Fine me whatever you want....before railing the refs for 1/2 an hour.

:laugh:

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I don’t always fail to show up for the first 30 minutes of a game, but when i do, my epic comeback attempt is too little too late. Stay hungry my friends.

Couple garbage penalties tonight, but the story is another slow start and a grossly depleted roster that can’t sustain a certain level of play.

Get healthy. ASAP

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Exactly.. Look, Cassidy is a good coach BUT he is timid. TIMID! He needs to grow a pair and stand up and be counted. He needs to get in the refs ear and stop being a yes man b*tch. I know that we had passengers, I know that we had a bad start but the f******* game is 60 minutes long and no matter what, once they wake up they make a game of it and for these low-life, **** eating, unprofessional **** bags to take a game away like they did tonight is criminal at best. There can't be any kind of job evaluations when this is happening game after game, year after year. I would like to see not only the on ice officials names but where they were born in the GDT and I think that we would learn a lot from that in terms of their fandom for certain teams. I would bet that many/most of these guys are from an the vicinities of Toronto or Montreal or another that has a team in our division. The NHL officiating is rotten and pathetic!
That being said CASSIDY NEEDS TO FIND HIS VOICE AND OPEN HIS MOUTH!

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
No use in freaking out about tonight's loss. Team basically played 3 forward lines, with 3 guys being benched. Krug was absolutely brutal and took the team out of it early. So many guys are having trouble scoring. Same players doing most of the scoring. Major scorers still injured. Refs didn't do the Bs any favors tonight. Things will be a ton better once the Bs can field a full NHL squad.
Lots of good points. The call on Heinen that took us out of a game tying pp was brutally bad. Lots of empty nets and near empty nets that we just could not cash in on. One or two of those go in and we erase that s-show first 30 minutes. We will be dramatically better when we get guys back. On to Winnipeg.

Reactions: missingchicklet

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I envision myself as coach....walking up to the podium and slamming a signed check made out to NHL on the table and saying..

Fine me whatever you want....before railing the refs for 1/2 an hour.

:laugh:

AGREED! Butch needs to stand up, reach in his pants, find his ***** and man the **** up! Not going to bat for your players
earns nothing. The best coaches develop an attitude with his troops: "it's us against the world boys, they aren't going to give us a break and I'm not going to lie down and shut up!" It's something that Don Cherry cultivated with his players, and it almost got them a Stanley Cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad