Post-Game Talk: GAME 70 - THE BEAR gets shot by a cannon - Columbus 7 BRUINS 4 F

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto

You can hear in this video the ref right next to the play yell "STICK CHECK, STICK ON STICK THATS A GOOD CHECK" and then the ref in the neutral zone blow the whistle and call it a penalty while heinen looks back at the ref next to him in confusion.

lmao, just comical at this point.

hahah, thats great

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Oh boy what a great video, pretty much what I'd expect to hear in that situation.

I thought I heard something like that. Couldn't quite make it out in real time. Was hoping it wasn't a Leafs/TBL soundclip.

Thats when the refs need to talk, ref that made the call needs to own up and say nvm, I was wrong.

Offensive zone faceoff, a couple seconds back on the clock.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont

You can hear in this video the ref right next to the play yell "STICK CHECK, STICK ON STICK THATS A GOOD CHECK" and then the ref in the neutral zone blow the whistle and call it a penalty while heinen looks back at the ref next to him in confusion.

Well that’s.... something

Can’t the refs confer before the call is official? Where the ref saying “stuck on stick” can tell the blind one at center ice there’s no penalty?

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Well that’s.... something

Can’t the refs confer before the call is official? Where the ref saying “stuck on stick” can tell the blind one at center ice there’s no penalty?

For real it's such a game changer, you've got the #2 PP in the league on the ice, down a goal with a few minutes left, unacceptable.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan

giphy.gif

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011

WTF

Then why couldn't the refs have a short conference and the one who was next to the play and called "stick to stick - good check" over rule the other guy and say No Penalty

Reactions: BMC and Strafer

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

Wow

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010

Unreal! The level of incompetence with NHL reffing is truly dumbfounding. Hurts the product for sure. Bs got called at least twice tonight for standard clean hockey plays that the Jackets did well over a dozen times throughout the course of the game (and rightly didn't get called for). Irritating when one team is the recipient of all the garbage calls, and one of them has a possible large impact on the game. Bs had some great momentum and had worked hard to get back into the game, then that stupid call was made on Heinen and negated the excitement and hard work.

On a side note, when the reffing momentum is clearly working against a team you usually see the coach work the refs hard, then the refs adjust. See it happen quite frequently around the NHL. Wish someone would step in and tell Bruce to help his team out by doing more to try to stem the tide when the refs are giving the Bs a clear screw job. Not asking for him to meltdown over every bad call. Just interjecting himself more forcefully on occasion would be better than working the gum and continue letting his team take it up the rear.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
No use in freaking out about tonight's loss. Team basically played 3 forward lines, with 3 guys being benched. Krug was absolutely brutal and took the team out of it early. So many guys are having trouble scoring. Same players doing most of the scoring. Major scorers still injured. Refs didn't do the Bs any favors tonight. Things will be a ton better once the Bs can field a full NHL squad.

And even through all that garbage...they had a chance until the refs chimed in with a typically terrible call on Heinen, negating a PP.

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan

Jeez

barstool

Nov 22, 2014
It also doesn't help when the Bruins are essentially the one armed man in an ass kicking contest. Losing a player like Pasta, MoJo, or JDB is tough enough as is. To lose all three while in the middle of a playoff push makes it nearly impossible to keep the momentum the Bruins had coming off that month of February. DeBrusk, Johansson and Pastrnak can't come back soon enough. The Bruins really need that forward depth back and stat.
Did you mean to say one legged man

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I thought I heard something like that. Couldn't quite make it out in real time. Was hoping it wasn't a Leafs/TBL soundclip.

Thats when the refs need to talk, ref that made the call needs to own up and say nvm, I was wrong.

Offensive zone faceoff, a couple seconds back on the clock.

I daresay it has happened before (once that I can think of and I generally don't think a call should be undone - Crosby against the Bruins last year?)

In the case of such a poor call I'd expect a make up call or two. That was the most baffling part.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
I daresay it has happened before (once that I can think of and I generally don't think a call should be undone - Crosby against the Bruins last year?)

In the case of such a poor call I'd expect a make up call or two. That was the most baffling part.

Crosby scored a goal, ref called it off with the "I blew the play dead in my head".

Refs convene, all of a sudden its a goal. On a call I have never seen reversed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad