Post-Game Talk: GAME 70 - Linus slams the door on the Sens - BRUINS 2 Ottawa 1

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
Jake is playing his way out of Boston.
Sure hope not. On a somewhat related topic, was I the only one unimpressed with Chychrun? The one game sample size is admittedly too small and invalid, but I did not see anything to make me go, “Wow.” At least based on what I saw, I am glad Donny did not mortgage the future to get him, even though he has term left on his contract.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
Bruins PK since Jan 1 - 12 goals in 146 minutes (92% effective)
4.9 GA/60
6.19 xGA/60

Bruins PK since Potato Hands went out - 1 goal in 20 minutes (95% effective)
3 GA/60
6.4 xGA/60

Reactions: MarchysNoseKnows

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
1679484035481.png

Reactions: BMC and sooshii

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Had to miss this one, was with my mom in the ER. She’s had some nasty bug/virus for over a week and is severely dehydrated, her bloodwork is all over the place and she can’t hold anything down (this is day 8).

Those of you with adult children, I know losing your independence must be hard and my mother is the most stubborn person alive. But please listen to us when we’re concerned for your health!
I hope your mom gets better soon! Momma P is tough as nails.

Reactions: sarge88

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
4.9 GA/60
6.19 xGA/60

3 GA/60
6.4 xGA/60

In fairness, I think if Orlov weren't acquired, I don't think the numbers without Forbort would be as good.

Unprovable, of course, but logical, at least to me.

The Penguins have lost in the 1st round the last 4-5 years, that so-called playoff magic touch is long gone.

My only worry is that Malkin decides to try for a 7 game series. Not saying the B's don't win, just always worry the sleeping bear rises.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Pens haven't won a playoff round since 2018. The magic is dead. I'd be quite happy drawing Pittsburgh first up.

Pitt problem is their D Corp is really banged up. Petry, Petterson and Ruitta are out.
They get them back soon, I think they get in. Last spot IMO is between NYI\FLA.
I think Nelson got concussed by Acciari last night. I don't want any part of FLA in
R1. Give me NYI any day of the week.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Put me in the camp that really doesn't care about the all time record....

This is the most fun season I've ever had. Have never watched more hockey in my life.

Give me those 16 playoff wins, the rest is whatever.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Jake is playing his way out of Boston.

Why? He is a core piece. They will move Hall, go scorched earth on the bottom 6
to resign him at the end of next year. 88, 18, and 74 are the mainstays of their top 6
the next 3 years who a doubt. They are Toronto's 34, 88 & 16.

Reactions: FONZIE

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Pitt problem is their D Corp is really banged up. Petry, Petterson and Ruitta are out.
They get them back soon, I think they get in. Last spot IMO is between NYI\FLA.
I think Nelson got concussed by Acciari last night. I don't want any part of FLA in
R1. Give me NYI any day of the week.
It amazes me that no fear for sid and malkin here. 3 cup champs legends hall of famers. When you have isles sens or panthers instead. I would like to avoid the pens no matter what our history is with them. Those 2 players can change a series if they wanna turn that extra gear. Very special guys.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
4.9 GA/60
6.19 xGA/60

3 GA/60
6.4 xGA/60
Comparing 20 minutes to 146 minutes while leaving out the other stretch we were without Forbort?

To cherry pick these stats on the PK, the one part of his game he is undeniably good at, isn't the way to go. I get your point here that he should be the 7th D, but why not wait more than 3 games, 2 of 3 against fringe teams, before we look at these stats?

Last edited:

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
yeah. I want no part of pitt in round 1. They will have all their dmen back by then.
If I had to pick facing anyone it would be the isles or buffalo if they manage to make a run

Reactions: Oates2Neely

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I’d prefer Florida. Shaky goaltending

Problem is Bobrovsky is trick or treat. If he is on for even 2 games it easily can mean a 6 or 7 game series due to Florida having the firepower and puck possession game to
overcome at least once, a couple of poor games from Bob.

NYI just don't have the offense to compete with whomever they play R1.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Sure hope not. On a somewhat related topic, was I the only one unimpressed with Chychrun? The one game sample size is admittedly too small and invalid, but I did not see anything to make me go, “Wow.” At least based on what I saw, I am glad Donny did not mortgage the future to get him, even though he has term left on his contract.
To be fair he’s a very good player who had an ordinary game last night. However he didn’t look half as good as Lindholm & Orlov

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00