Post-Game Talk: GAME 70 - Linus slams the door on the Sens - BRUINS 2 Ottawa 1

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
She needs to be distracted when she’s getting an IV, she has terrible veins even when properly hydrated.

I read her the play by play of the game in the NHL app and tried to call it like a real game to keep her distracted haha
I hate needles but as long as I don't watch them putting it in, I'm usually fine. Although when I get someone who seems like they've not done it very often I get a little nervous lol

Good idea to do play by play. If I'm ever in the hospital I'm giving you a call lol

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I hate needles but as long as I don't watch them putting it in, I'm usually fine. Although when I get someone who seems like they've not done it very often I get a little nervous lol

Good idea to do play by play. If I'm ever in the hospital I'm giving you a call lol
Ok

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
My Dad had a double lung transplant 3 weeks ago and we had to get him an iPad for watching the Leafs games while he was in recovery ICU. Now to see if he can manage to keep up on his exercises and new life routines with new lungs. Like you said, something something old dogs...

Your dad's trying to recover from major surgery whilst watching Leafs games? I've seen enough inexplicable Toronto losses and Steve Dangle vids to know that's a stressful business even for the fully healthy!

In all seriousness, hope your dad recovers well. Have to love a committed fan.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
*runs around the forum high fiving everyone and passing out extra cookies just because*

20200201_151123.gif

VICTORY COOKIES!!!!

Triple-Chocolate-Cookies-SpendWithPennies-21-500x500.jpg

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
If you're not scared, you're not a fan.

it could be a year where a few of the top teams get bumped early on.

it happened before……in ‘93 and I know that’s awhile back, but Chicago and Boston had very strong teams, both out in round one. Pens had a team that should have won the Cup…..out in round 2. Hope for the Bruins this isn’t one of those years.

This is why I think PP success and reducing turnovers are the 2 biggest focuses down the stretch. Both will be huge in the post season

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY

it happened before……in ‘93 and I know that’s awhile back, but Chicago and Boston had very strong teams, both out in round one. Pens had a team that should have won the Cup…..out in round 2. Hope for the Bruins this isn’t one of those years.

This is why I think PP success and reducing turnovers are the 2 biggest focuses down the stretch. Both will be huge in the post season
Don't forget Tampa being swept in the first round. Shite happens.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

My nightmare scenarios:

Losing in the first round

Or

Toronto making it to the second round and beating us

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Charlie Coyle better get legit Selke consideration. Not saying he should beat Bergeron, but he’s deserving of top 5-7 status.

Also, a win is a win!

Bottom 6 forwards very rarely get Selke votes. Coyle's been solid in both ends this season and that deserves to be recognized, but let's not go nuts. Quality of opposition and TOI, or more to the point when a player is on the ice, are factors. And actually Coyle's advanced stats for the year aren't that good. Solid, and perfectly fine for a 3rd liner who takes a fair share of defensive draws, but not outstanding. Charlie has precisely zero Selke votes in his career and he'll be very lucky if that changes this season.

Reactions: Gordoff

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Bottom 6 forwards very rarely get Selke votes. Coyle's been solid in both ends this season and that deserves to be recognized, but let's not go nuts. Quality of opposition and TOI, or more to the point when a player is on the ice, are factors. And actually Coyle's advanced stats for the year aren't that good. Solid, and perfectly fine for a 3rd liner who takes a fair share of defensive draws, but not outstanding. Charlie has precisely zero Selke votes in his career and he'll be very lucky if that changes this season.

I (probably unlike many voters) put a lot of stock in the PK abilities and he’s been excellent in that role, IMO.

Plus, regardless of who he’s up against, it seems like his line has the puck 75% of the time he’s on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $80.00