Post-Game Talk: GAME 70 - Linus slams the door on the Sens - BRUINS 2 Ottawa 1

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
it could be a year where a few of the top teams get bumped early on.

it happened before……in ‘93 and I know that’s awhile back, but Chicago and Boston had very strong teams, both out in round one. Pens had a team that should have won the Cup…..out in round 2. Hope for the Bruins this isn’t one of those years.

This is why I think PP success and reducing turnovers are the 2 biggest focuses down the stretch. Both will be huge in the post season
There's not much reward in the NHL playoffs for being the top dog

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I (probably unlike many voters) put a lot of stock in the PK abilities and he’s been excellent in that role, IMO.

Plus, regardless of who he’s up against, it seems like his line has the puck 75% of the time he’s on the ice.

Appearances can be deceiving. His corsi figure for the season is only 48%, which very broadly suggests his line only has the puck around half the time they're on the ice, although their only having around 35% offensive starts no doubt skews that somewhat.

I'm not here to knock Coyle. He's a capable player having a very good season and he's going to be an important player for the team in the playoffs. If there's a better 3C amongst the contenders I don't know who it might be, depending on where Ryan O'Reilly winds up on the Leafs lineup. But Selke considerations are rarefied air and I just don't see him being in that conversation.

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
Hathaway whenever there's a scrum while he's on the ice

terry-tate-office-linebacker.gif

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Thought about it and Shittsburgh is best matchup for Bruins in my humble opinion .The Bruins have buzzed through Crysby ,Malkin in their primes so see nothing there now to stop this buzz saw. Jarry or whatever else they have not enough either.
I rather stay away with Crosby and Malkin they still have that magic touch come playoff time. Give me bob . Bruins feasted on him when he was on flyers 2011.

Reactions: BMC

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Your dad's trying to recover from major surgery whilst watching Leafs games? I've seen enough inexplicable Toronto losses and Steve Dangle vids to know that's a stressful business even for the fully healthy!

In all seriousness, hope your dad recovers well. Have to love a committed fan.

Yeah, he's been a fan his whole life and then had two sons become huge Bruins fans. You can imagine the game seven conversations.

My brother was in the Garden for the comeback game and I was in Vancouver for the Cup.

He's doing great (better than they had hoped) and is already out of the hospital after only three weeks. He's a different man for the better, it's crazy how much it has revitalized him.

Cheers!

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Pens haven't won a playoff round since 2018. The magic is dead. I'd be quite happy drawing Pittsburgh first up.
That'd be my preference too. the other contenders can all play tougher and more physical and while I don't think any of them will knock us out round 1 I don't want to see any guys get banged up round 1 either.

Ottawa plays us tough so maybe better they don't make it.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Had to miss this one, was with my mom in the ER. She’s had some nasty bug/virus for over a week and is severely dehydrated, her bloodwork is all over the place and she can’t hold anything down (this is day 8).

Those of you with adult children, I know losing your independence must be hard and my mother is the most stubborn person alive. But please listen to us when we’re concerned for your health!
Good girl. Hope your mom recovers quickly.

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Thought the goaltending was great for both sides in this one. Ullmark stood on his head the first two periods and Sogaard kept the Sens in the game during the third.

Yes the Sens were the better team through 40 but the Bruins are the best 3rd period team in the league and they know it. Seeing them turn it on and smother the opponent with a lead is something else to watch.

Side Note: I am beyond sick about hearing about the 2018-19 Lightning after every win.

How so many people still bring up the fact President's Trophy winners aren't guaranteed to win the Cup as an astute observation makes me roll my eyes.

I mean two of the Presidents Trophies teams that didn't win were the damn Bruins! You think you need to tell Bruins fans something we already know??

Just let us enjoy this season in peace :laugh:

Last edited:

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Give 37 73 and 63 a nice break against Montreal.
No way.

Nobody ever should rest against Montreal. I want a Swayman shutout and a Pastranak hat trick (49, 50, and 51 for good measure).

Bergeron and Montgomery being from up there with friends and family watching, and Swayman gunning for a third consecutive shutout doesn’t lend itself to rest. They can rest over the weekend, but likely won’t.

We’ll see what happens.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Montgomery used his timeout excellently. He likely sensed goals would be difficult to come by, saw the first unit was clicking, rested them, and kept them on the ice.

Lindholm is not only a smooth skater, his hockey IQ is off the charts. Raycroft even asked him about the wrister from the point not being the best option on a 5-on-3, but Lindholm didn't force a pass that wasn't there.

My one dissatisfaction is Montgomery's handling of Lauko. Did the one mistake in his own end get him benched? If you're going to dress these guys, play them, especially when trying to manage minutes for veterans.

I don't know the reasoning behind this, but it feels Cassidy-esque.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: