GDT: Game 70: Detroit Red Wings @ Montreal Canadiens | 3/12/2019 | 7:30PM ET | FSD

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I am going to put this out there and remind people under no circumstance is it okay to root for an injury. We didn't see it here and hopefully won't but any joke made on that kind of subject will be an infraction.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I was worried watching that live, I think that is a major injury. I know we won't know until they can look at it, but for a guy that has had leg and hip problems that was brutal

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Domi writes checks his body cannot cash. He is eventually going to get a pretty massive beating in this league. I know Tie might have taught him some things and Helm isn't exactly feared, but he suckered Ekblad as well this year, someone is eventually going to give it to him pretty rough if he keeps sticking his nose in it.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Anyone being forced to watch on TSN? Mike Johnson is probably the worst announcer in the entire NHL. Not only is he blatantly and ignorantly biased, but he doesn't know the players. I understand home favouritism from announcers, but he takes it to another level. I literally can't stand him and am contemplating muting the game because of him.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Abdelkader is a complete joke. Why in the **** is he on the pp? Great way to teach the kids like Zadina how to turn pucks over.

Abdelkader in the NHL at this point is a complete joke. I'd love for us to buy him out and suffer the consequences of doing so. I know it's not happening, at least for another couple years, but I dream of the day that I do not have to watch him in a Wings jersey anymore. I'd say about 85% of AHLers are better than him at hockey.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Anyone being forced to watch on TSN? Mike Johnson is probably the worst announcer in the entire NHL. Not only is he blatantly and ignorantly biased, but he doesn't know the players. I understand home favouritism from announcers, but he takes it to another level. I literally can't stand him and am contemplating muting the game because of him.

Mute it and turn on Ken Kal, assuming you’re in the area. It would be a blessing for your ears

CaptainZetterberg40

Nov 2, 2014
Abdelkader in the NHL at this point is a complete joke. I'd love for us to buy him out and suffer the consequences of doing so. I know it's not happening, at least for another couple years, but I dream of the day that I do not have to watch him in a Wings jersey anymore. I'd say about 85% of AHLers are better than him at hockey.

Not that the brass would have the balls to do so, but would it be possible to waive him rather than buy him out? If not next year, but at some point during the remainder of his contract?

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
Every once in a while when Vanek makes a pass like that, he looks like he’s the smartest guy on the ice and his own team can’t see the game the way he does

I said it during his first stint with us but he was a player the Wings should have gotten for Datsyuk. Instead of skill we gave Datsyuk, Abby.

Reactions: Realgud

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

He is a Leafs homer. I don't like him as much as some of the TSN talent, though I do think he is exceptional on the radio when he guests across their platforms.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I said it during his first stint with us but he was a player the Wings should have gotten for Datsyuk. Instead of skill we gave Datsyuk, Abby.

Well anything would have been better than Abby. Not that Abby wasn’t a decent player at that point, but Datsyuk would have thrived with a true sniper style goal scorer. Pavel would always find you, he would have even better numbers if he had someone capable of scoring consistently

CaptainZetterberg40

Nov 2, 2014
I think only $1 million would come off his cap hit.

That's fine, I'm not so much worried about cap relief more so than on ice play or lack thereof. Addition by subtraction. Assuming we land a forward in free agency in the next few years be it top line or middle line vet, he is playing his way out in the depth chart.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Video of Ericsson?

I don't really want to see it again. Skate planted in the ice while Gallagher falls on him and his leg bends a way it shouldn't. He is a very lucky man if the recovery time on that thing isn't like 6 months. He might have broke his leg and not just torn all of his knee ligaments, but it was not good. Though I thought for sure Skinner was done for the year a few weeks back when his leg, knee and ankle were all going in directions that appeared terrible.

None of us are doctors, but they should have felt where they check for ACL tears by now, they have gotten better at that on the spot these days from what I understand.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
In other news in hockey, Panarin and McAvoy just fought....what a battle of powerhouses

Edit: they went to war

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Detroit is playing with fire, Montreal has been much better than the scoreboard indicates. If they score the first goal, I have to believe the floodgate opens.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I don't really want to see it again. Skate planted in the ice while Gallagher falls on him and his leg bends a way it shouldn't. He is a very lucky man if the recovery time on that thing isn't like 6 months. He might have broke his leg and not just torn all of his knee ligaments, but it was not good. Though I thought for sure Skinner was done for the year a few weeks back when his leg, knee and ankle were all going in directions that appeared terrible.

None of us are doctors, but they should have felt where they check for ACL tears by now, they have gotten better at that on the spot these days from what I understand.

As soon as he got the pads off I’m sure they put him through the full spectrum of knee tests. Speaking as someone who’s had a major knee surgery and a minor knee surgery, that was definitely a major candidate. I wouldn’t be surprised if he had a trifecta of ACL, MCL, and meniscus tears to some extent.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Zadina needs to get time on the 1st PP. He's only getting on the ice for about 20 seconds every PP because the 1st unit stays on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad