GDT: Game 70: Detroit Red Wings @ Montreal Canadiens | 3/12/2019 | 7:30PM ET | FSD

bellringer77

Nov 14, 2017
Why would he play Witkowski? Because someone responded to Larkin slashing with a wrestling match? Hardly worth a second thought.

why even sign witkowski then? he has about one purpose to be signed and on the roster. put him in the line up. No point in having dime a dozen guys that contribute zilch

Reactions: Grimm

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
In February people were going crazy when I said Howard was having a worse season than last year. And now here we are, Howard's wheels have come off, and he is now splitting time with Bernier. Its time to move on from Howard. He had a decent run, but, he's old, and not getting any better.
I have no issues with him leaving.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
There's a bar a block north of my hotel that sells Westvlteren 12. $60 Canadian for a bottle. Damn expensive but I have never seen it anywhere and I have no plans to visit Belgium anytime soon. Might have to splurge if Wings win tonight. Losing is best for the Hughes sweepstakes but ending this depressing cycle would be amazing.

Habs fans and media are putting a lot on this game for their playoff prospects.

Reactions: mantha39

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
You're gonna die on this hill, aren't you?

When I said it was hardly worth a second thought, I meant it. Did I miss something during the whole ordeal? Honestly I could have.

why even sign witkowski then? he has about one purpose to be signed and on the roster. put him in the line up. No point in having dime a dozen guys that contribute zilch

Exact question I asked, why sign him?

Jon Cusack

Oct 28, 2011
How long has it been since we started a worse line than Helm, Glendening, Ericsson and Daley??

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
im okay with Witter in but no reason Bowey should be out. Big E has been awful take his terrible ass out

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
How long has it been since we started a worse line than Helm, Glendening, Ericsson and Daley??

Mid 80's when Yzerman was out injured would be my statement on that. Surely the 70s. But it is a pretty bad defensive line by any measure. That they are being tasked with checking Drouin, Domi and Shaw should be kind of hard to watch.

Reactions: Jon Cusack

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Every once in a while when Vanek makes a pass like that, he looks like he’s the smartest guy on the ice and his own team can’t see the game the way he does

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
What a shift by Witty holy ****

He is out there to get Kulak more than likely and to make them miserable for hurting Larkin in a blow out. That is how he is going to play all night. Habs players better buckle up. Don't go after a star player and locker room leader in a blow out or prepare for a tough night... I like Witter setting that tone.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
He is out there to get Kulak more than likely and to make them miserable for hurting Larkin in a blow out. That is how he is going to play all night. Habs players better buckle up. Don't go after a star player and locker room leader in a blow out or prepare for a tough night... I like Witter setting that tone.

Did Larkin actually get hurt in that scuffle? Is it speculation that he hurt is neck during that?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Every once in a while when Vanek makes a pass like that, he looks like he’s the smartest guy on the ice and his own team can’t see the game the way he does

Vanek has a spectacular offensive IQ. HE was a top 30 offensive player in this league for a lot of years. I know he isn't that guy anymore but he has a ton to offer offensively, the pace of the league getting quicker has also done him no favors.

Reactions: Realgud

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Vanek has a spectacular offensive IQ. HE was a top 30 offensive player in this league for a lot of years. I know he isn't that guy anymore but he has a ton to offer offensively, the pace of the league getting quicker has also done him no favors.
And father time. Imagine a prime Vanek on the wings with Dats :DD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad