Post-Game Talk: GAME 63 - THE BEAR enjoys a sharkmeat sandwich - BRUINS 4 San Jose 1 F

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
johansson skill surprised a couple guys ! krejci def. wasnt ready for that first period tic tac toe pass as he kind of shanked it..he made some crazy good passes. really like his game... im sorry but there is one negative i must touch on. backes is atrocious.. there was one pp where for about a minute they were trying to enter the zone and every touch he had was abysmal.. i felt bad for coyle that whole game. i was begging for cehlarik to be out on that line, hell even kuhlman..
Backes has been good. The contract is what it is.

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005

People in the comment section of this so salty & angry, I love it! :darth:

download.jpg

SoldiersOfFilth

Hamildone with Neely
Dec 28, 2013
Near Olympia
Back in the 'DeBust' days and why they drafted him. I was thrilled they picked him up. I was in the minority at the time but he was one of players I wanted The Bruins to get. He simply had 'pro' written all over him in his junior days. I was then and am now a fan of the way he plays/and reads the game.
Pasta said on the recent Chiclets episode that Jake is basically the heart of the locker room. Very vocal and funny.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I lovvee the flack Chara is catching from fans.

It's as if Kane didn't get the jump on two guys in the game that weren't expecting him to answer the call.... Can't stand that POS.

Wish Killer was healthy for this one.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I have watched the Chara hit on Kane numerous times. I have no problem calling out Marchand for his blatant cheapshots but when I watch this Chara hit I see simultaneous contact to the chest and it's not like he blindsided him. I understand he still caught him in the head but are people really freaking out about that hit? I really don't think it was that bad at all. To the point where I don't even think he should be suspended for it.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
I have watched the Chara hit on Kane numerous times. I have no problem calling out Marchand for his blatant cheapshots but when I watch this Chara hit I see simultaneous contact to the chest and it's not like he blindsided him. I understand he still caught him in the head but are people really freaking out about that hit? I really don't think it was that bad at all. To the point where I don't even think he should be suspended for it.

If Z gets suspended for THAT? He mine as well retire today.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Am I missing something on the Chara hit? Chara does everything right there. Keeps his elbow tucked, leads with his shoulder, Kane is hunched over a bit, but is coming up. Gets chest as well....

That's what I see as well. People are freaking out because there was some head contact and Kane wasn't pleased but I thought some head contact was "allowed" if not the primary point of contact. There are people calling for a suspension but I just don't see it here.

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
That's what I see as well. People are freaking out because there was some head contact and Kane wasn't pleased but I thought some head contact was "allowed" if not the primary point of contact. There are people calling for a suspension but I just don't see it here.

Kane was not standing up straight when Chara delivered the hit. Z's arms were tucked in and he threw a legal check. Kane's head was contacted because of the position he put himself in. And then his head was contacted multiple times because of the position he put himself in again and again and again and again and again ....lolololo:clap:

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Am I missing something on the Chara hit? Chara does everything right there. Keeps his elbow tucked, leads with his shoulder, Kane is hunched over a bit, but is coming up. Gets chest as well....

yup, the 'B' on his chest.

for a few fanbases, which also happen to be the loudest and largest fan bases, thats all you need to make any play a dirty cheapshot worthy of a public flogging in the town square

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
I lovvee the flack Chara is catching from fans.

It's as if Kane didn't get the jump on two guys in the game that weren't expecting him to answer the call.... Can't stand that POS.

Wish Killer was healthy for this one.
Eh, I'm seeing lots going the other way too, Kane is catching just as much flack for going at Chara from behind instead of face to face. I've still yet to see a picture with Chara's elbow in Kane's face though. I see his shoulder sure, but height, not sure how that's avoided? Do these people screaming and crying "elbow to the head" understand that Chara's skates are clearly on the ice and he would have to be jumping in order to get his elbow into Kane's face? How tall do they think he is that they think his elbows are level with Kane's head??!! You can't make this stuff up LMAO

Reactions: JCRO and BMC

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Kane's gotta protect himself there. He left himself vulnerable reaching for the puck like that.

Especially considering he was being a POS all night and going back and forth specifically with Chara.

You gotta assume Chara's going to try and kill you any chance he gets after poking the bear so to speak.

Good on Chara for keeping his arm and elbow tucked though.

Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad